Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Your own Tabletop Website

Go down 
+4
REKONE
Paluke
Mordheimer
Svenn
8 posters

Would you be interested in using this site?
Yes, definitely!
Your own Tabletop Website Vote_lcap71%Your own Tabletop Website Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Yes, but mostly just to browse the directory.
Your own Tabletop Website Vote_lcap0%Your own Tabletop Website Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, just for hosting photos/files.
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but only to save my Roster.
Your own Tabletop Website Vote_lcap12%Your own Tabletop Website Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
No, I don't have a need for any of these features
Your own Tabletop Website Vote_lcap6%Your own Tabletop Website Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
No, there are other similar sites out there that I already use.
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, I'd have to see it first.
Your own Tabletop Website Vote_lcap11%Your own Tabletop Website Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Your own Tabletop Website Empty
PostSubject: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 10:25

Hey guys, you may have seen my other post where I was talking about creating a new tabletop related website. I really need to gauge interest before I go ahead and purchase hosting and everything for it. Here are the features I'm working on:
*FREE
*About Me page with some details about yourself
*Creating your own photo galleries and uploading photos (including auto-thumbnail creation and display page)
*Uploading custom rules/scenarios/etc
*Some blog functionality for you to post up whatever you want
*Main directory listing with all galleries for a specific game/army from all
users (and the ability to set your stuff private so it doesn't show up
here)
*Main directory listing with all rules/scenario files by game (and the ability for yours to be private as well)
*Directory listing of all user pages
*Ability to choose from multiple themes
*The ability to store and display your rosters from the Roster Builder: http://www.tabletopgeeks.com/mordheim-roster-builder/

Please vote, and if possible leave any comments here!

Last edited by Svenn on Tue 22 Jun 2010 - 9:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 10:46

Svenn:

Not only I LOVE the idea, but you can count on me to get stuff together and feature Death Squads. cheers I would not mind (me, personally) chipping some money too! I had talked to DaBank and Dozer long time ago about making an informative site; kindda like a 'permanent precense' to introduce the game and showcase some stuff. From there we could also direct visitors to join our forums, so they can get the rules, comment, ask, suggest and share their Death Squads experience.

VERY COOL! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 10:48

Awesome! Thank you for responding, the silence from everyone between this and the other post was driving me nuts. Couldn't tell if it was just that people had nothing to say or that no one was interested.

Also, If you'd like I'll let you in on the preview when I get Paluke in as well, so you can give suggestions and help get it worked out before going live. Smile

Oh, and don't forget to vote on the poll above so I can get a better idea of interest.
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 11:28

my vote you have Smile
Back to top Go down
REKONE
Hero
Hero
REKONE

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 14:57

my vote too
Back to top Go down
http://ragmouthsblog.wordpress.com/
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 9:57

Looks like the response is pretty good so far. :-D I'll continue with it. I'm waiting on a friend to put together the template so I can fill everything in. She's supposed to have something for me this week. Once that's up I'll let a couple people in to test it out.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 10:40

This is coming along nicely. I've sent a very early version of the site to Paluke to test out. It's got a ways to go, but I'm hoping to open it up in the next month or so when Tabletop Geeks switches hosting.
Back to top Go down
Gen.Steiner
Warrior
Warrior
Gen.Steiner

Location : London, England, UK, NW Europe, Earth, the Solar System, Milky Way, the Universe, the Multiverse; wh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 10:56

Good show! Looking forwards to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 11:07

If I had the capability of posting photos, your site idea would be of interest. Of course, if I had that capability, I'd probably post the photos where the folks I like hang out...in other words: HERE on TBMF. Your own Tabletop Website 73199
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 11:11

DeafNala wrote:
If I had the capability of posting photos, your site idea would be of interest. Of course, if I had that capability, I'd probably post the photos where the folks I like hang out...in other words: HERE on TBMF. Your own Tabletop Website 73199
Personally, I find that storing and tracking photos on forums is a huge pain. It's easier to have my own external repository that I can link to, whether it be individual photos that can be put directly into a post or a link to an entire gallery (or both!).
Back to top Go down
frog
Veteran
Veteran
frog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 12:08

Svenn wrote:
Personally, I find that storing and tracking photos on forums is a huge pain. It's easier to have my own external repository that I can link to, whether it be individual photos that can be put directly into a post or a link to an entire gallery (or both!).

Agreed, i use photobucket, means i can post the same photos up on lots of sites, not just one.
i post on here, and the flameon one for example.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 13:02

Okay, NOW I understand...maybe. It's going to be like Photo Bucket...Svenn Bucket has a nice ring to it. Your own Tabletop Website Suspect
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 13:35

DeafNala wrote:
Okay, NOW I understand...maybe. It's going to be like Photo Bucket...Svenn Bucket has a nice ring to it. Your own Tabletop Website Suspect

Haha. It's going to be like photobucket.... with more features geared towards Tabletop hobbyists. Smile You'll get a mini-profile, and the ability to host files in addition to photos in case you have house rules, custom warband rules, etc that you want to share. ALSO, every photo you upload (that is not marked private) will be automatically available in the directory. So, as someone posting photos you get to show it off to the whole community who has an easy way to find it. As someone looking for photos you can quickly browse through all the ones posted by users, including sorting by game/army/manufacturer and searching. \o/

Oh, and it will allow you to save your Mordheim Roster warbands and display them on your page, as well as update them later.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009 - 14:13

COOL! Now all I need is to convince my Demonically Possessed Camera of Continual Contrariness from HELL that it doesn't actually HATE me AND that it can take photos; THEN get a computer that can do uploads...piece of cake. ONCE I get those little glitches ironed out, it would be SUPER no only to post photos, but do it through a friend...that's you, if you didn't catch my drift. SO...I vote definitely. Your own Tabletop Website 544694
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jan 2010 - 16:07

The first step in getting this up is completed! Tabletop Geeks has changed hosting and I've upgraded the back end with support for multiple users. I've got some work to do on it, and I'm waiting on a friend to create a custom theme. It's well on it's way though!

If anyone wants to beta test it when it's ready for that, just send me a PM or post here and I'll try and get you in first to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Knightei
Knight
Knight
Knightei

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jan 2010 - 16:17

Well ready for anything i'd happily beta-test it but i better not tell my dad because he hates betas... Oh well Beta Tester Knightei Here ready for Action!
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 17:48

Want to get your username now? It's possible to register for a user account on the website right now! You won't have access to your site yet, but you can reserve the username so you have it later! (Note, this doesn't reserve a website url yet, just your username).

Do that now here: http://tabletopgeeks.com/login/?instance=tml-main&action=register
Back to top Go down
Knightei
Knight
Knight
Knightei

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 11:48

Well i have my username entried and well i'm ready to test it (if you want a foolish child who tests EVERYthing on ANYthing)
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 11:49

Knightei wrote:
Well i have my username entried and well i'm ready to test it (if you want a foolish child who tests EVERYthing on ANYthing)
I saw your registration. I'll try and get a testable version up and ready very soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 6:52

Registered. Ready for testing... one thing we have is CONTENT! HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
frog
Veteran
Veteran
frog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 7:05

i had a good go at testing it today.

really good work.

now for creating a warband its great. may need to be on a clear'er back ground?

when you get it so you can have more warbands! (as i play unusal ones) its will may just come main stream!
- you may wish to have a form system, so that you can get us to add ones...! (with you checking)
- this may also be the way that you get it to become campaign ready?

anyhows great stuff, cant wait till you finish it!
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 10:06

Um, were you testing the Roster builder, frog? That's been ready for a while and is released for people to start using now. The file/photo hosting stuff and the saving of warbands hasn't opened yet though. Smile

Thanks for the suggestions though. It IS still a work in progress so expect to see lots of upgrades coming to it!
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 22:42

Tabletop Geeks user sites have gone in to beta testing! If you are interested in getting in on this early, let me know. I've hand picked a few people to test it out already, but I'll probably be adding a few more shortly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your own Tabletop Website   Your own Tabletop Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your own Tabletop Website
Page 1 of 1