Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Catacomb campaign

Go down 
+2
Da Bank
skig
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 21:07

The dragon idea is good, though to make it fluffy, i'd switch the dragon for some more "undergroundy" creature. Maybe a... I dunno... uhm... giant slug???? (hehe, good luck finding a model for that one!)

The Gobs/Dwarf problem is that Dwarves kick goblin ass any day, and therefore good/neutral warbands would get an edge. Id make it into a single choice instead. Maybe just some Mordheim survivors (1d3?)? Stats like youngbloods, but immune to fear (theyve seen the horrors and lived to tell the tale) and armed with clubs only (chair legs and old femur bones). Also, whenever this option presents itself to the Undead, they instead gain 1d3 Zombies. Possessed can sacrifice them to the dark gods gaining 1d3 experience to distribute among the members of teh warband, and Skaven will sell them as slaves for 3d6 gc. How bout that?
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Dec 2009 - 21:33

Opheliate wrote:
The dragon idea is good, though to make it fluffy, i'd switch the dragon for some more "undergroundy" creature. Maybe a... I dunno... uhm... giant slug???? (hehe, good luck finding a model for that one!)

Giant Slugs well, in the scale of 'giant rat'
Back to top Go down
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 2:23

lol. those are some pretty nasty slugs (nice enough models though). Yea, I do see what you mean about the dragon maybe it could be a giant spider, like Shelob. Or even some chaos warrior of Slannesh who has ammased loads of treasure and hangs around in a cave PWNing anyone who comes in Very Happy .

As for the dwarves and Goblins maybe you get D3 dwarves or D6 goblinss. mordhiem survivors just seem abit dull to me, but then i do have something of a fondness for mad Dwarves and Goblins.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 2:43

Town Cryer #7 has rules for Sewer Fighting (pg. 7). It's far from a campaign setting on it's own, but there may be something there that inspires you or that you can incorporate into your rules. For my part, I've never actually played by them and I'm not too familiar with them either, sorry I can't give better advice. But when I started reading through this thread it popped into my mind.

Opheliate wrote:

This is an awesome idea! Personally, I wouldn't even worry about finding a model for it - buy some sculpey or some similar modelling clay and just make one - since a slug is a pretty basic form you can definitely make one without too much trouble and just detail it up as you see fit. If you really want though, you can always use the Beast of Nurgle as the basis for it. Also, the long-deceased game MageKnight by Wizkids has some pretty cool dungeon crawlers of various types that would probably be a lot cheaper to pick up. Either could serve as the basis for a conversion.

Opheliate wrote:
The Gobs/Dwarf problem is that Dwarves kick goblin ass any day, and therefore good/neutral warbands would get an edge.

This can be solved by simply skewing the numbers. When encountering gobbos, make the number encountered at least 2x that of the dwarfs (maybe 2.5x), and I think things will turn out a little more evenly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 6:40

Mortimer: Hah, no, more like this... http://images.elfwood.com/art/l/i/lissapynn/giantslug.jpg

Shelob is a great idea! A spider would really fit the setting! Anybody got stats and rules for Shelob/Giant Spider?

This doesnt mean we must scrap the slug idea, though! The more "encounters" the better, right? Smile

Myntokk: Thanks for th tip, gonna look into TC7. Concerning the gobs/dwarves, though, I found it really hard to, in a fluffy way, constitute them being there. Also, if you get this encoutner again, it must mean that the underbelly of Mordheim is actually quite populated by "normies" Smile So you see, its not the general idea Im against, as I also have thought about scaling numbers, but how they would fit in. Okay, the Gobs I buy, but dwarves? Maybe a separate encounter alltogether?
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 6:44

Opheliate wrote:
Mortimer: Hah, no, more like this... http://images.elfwood.com/art/l/i/lissapynn/giantslug.jpg

Shelob is a great idea! A spider would really fit the setting! Anybody got stats and rules for Shelob/Giant Spider?

This doesnt mean we must scrap the slug idea, though! The more "encounters" the better, right? Smile

Myntokk: Thanks for th tip, gonna look into TC7. Concerning the gobs/dwarves, though, I found it really hard to, in a fluffy way, constitute them being there. Also, if you get this encoutner again, it must mean that the underbelly of Mordheim is actually quite populated by "normies" Smile So you see, its not the general idea Im against, as I also have thought about scaling numbers, but how they would fit in. Okay, the Gobs I buy, but dwarves? Maybe a separate encounter alltogether?

Why not make the monster random like in the monster hunt scenerio? (This could suffice having a 'Young Dragon' rather than having a big dragon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Dec 2009 - 10:42

Yeah, that is a good way to work it! Though I will place that encounter as an Exploration Option, as I have switched the normal exploration chart for four new ones. One for sewers, one for catacombs, one for the undercity and one for the abbyss. Some are similar but I have tried to keep them as unique as possible (a challenge as it means it is painstakingly 144 different exploration events as of now...) I think this one is so good I will switch one of the old ones.

Also, I will include the Monster Hunt scenario in some areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catacomb campaign   Catacomb campaign - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catacomb campaign
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2