Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models

Go down 
+16
Jacko' lantern
HornedRat
Paluke
Ghod
catferret
Unwanted
DeafNala
Popmouth
Zogoff
Da Bank
SeiFeR-NL
Kaptain Dedgob
JAFisher44
Myntokk
Pathfinder Dubstyles
hero
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 8:46

I'm ok with reducing the complexity of the multi-part models.

Last plastic skaven clanrats incarnation were a nightmare to put together, and all those tails always ended up loosening and falling (or breaking).

But look at plague monks: legs+tail+torso BUT both arms separated and a good choice of heads.

And I don't think that those models are very difficult to build, (only 4 pieces vs 6 with the clanrats, and no tiny tails to deal with), and they give you plenty of room for modelling and converting.

Not the case with new clanrats.

The model ARE GOOD but... just not what I expected from something advertised as "multipat kit".

And moreover, this seems like a move to force players to buy METAL command groups, i.e. GW is determined to milk their customers.

About old-old Chaos warriors, they had a niche. Actually, my Blood Bowl players are done with them. Not possible with the new "cloacked" warriors. Ok, is possible, but hardly will look good on the pitch, because you can rotate old models at waist, both arms -from the shoulder, not the elbow-, and the head, and once you clipped their weapons they looked very dinamic as BB players.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 9:48

magokiron wrote:
About old-old Chaos warriors, they had a niche. Actually, my Blood Bowl players are done with them.

To Blood Bowl I think they fit perfectly. I can easily see it in my mind ;P
Sorry, getting out of topic here.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 10:15

magokiron wrote:
And moreover, this seems like a move to force players to buy METAL command groups, i.e. GW is determined to milk their customers.
Not sure about that - the Clanrats come with command group bits according to WD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 19:24

WarbossKurgan wrote:
magokiron wrote:
Not sure about that - the Clanrats come with command group bits according to WD.

Sure.

A champion with a (not much) bigger sword.

A standard bearer with standard in the right hand and a shield (or nothing) in the left hand.

A musician with A RIDICULOUS TINY BELL in right hand and a shield (or nothing) on the left.

Not exactly what I had in mind Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Suspect

But of course some people may think different.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 16:42

I just don't like the shield fused into their body. Really will make conversions a lot more difficult. Maybe in WFB there is no option to field clanrats without shield, so it makes sense for people intending to play full scale game. Still enough to put me off from using them for mordheim.

What I'm hoping for is that they'll release a new night runners box that will have the new sleek/spiky look but with both arms separated. I think it's likely to happen pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
someone2040
Warrior
Warrior
someone2040

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 7:40

Shield fusing with an arm is a common trait in Warhammer Fantasy nowdays, especially if the unit comes equipt with shields by default (i.e Temple Guard).
It's a bit of a pity, I mean, it does save on sprue space and they are catering for Warhammer fantasy and not other games, but it does leave a lot less room for conversion even within Warhammer Fantasy itself. I would love to make a Skaven Bloodbowl team out of them (or heck, even a Skaven Mordheim warband), but with arms all in one position tight to the body, doesn't really make it possible.
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 16:40

Yep I ordered Sniktch and Headtaker not gonna order any clanrats for above reasons... might be tempted to buy the stormrats maybe...
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 17:49

Mo! wrote:
Yep I ordered Sniktch and Headtaker not gonna order any clanrats for above reasons... might be tempted to buy the stormrats maybe...

Are the stormrats multipart then?
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 19:02

They have 2handed helbards and the heros have handwapons and banner/sevoured head and such... much beter to convert...
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 19:14

Yeah the new multipart plastic stormvermin are pretty sweet too. They come torsos and legs fused, but both arms and the heads are all unattached. Personally not sure how applicable the models are to mordheim eshin style skaven.
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Nov 2009 - 22:30

2 hero's are blackskaven all good sofar... only isue wysiwyg is the heavyarmour... but they are cool enough to let that slip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models   Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy Cow New GW Skaven Models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2