Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
cianty
Joker2and53
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 19:11

click here - There is a man selling Games Workshop FT03, a box set containing eight plastic wizards for 11.99 buy it now on ebay (United States). This set is from the very short lived Warhammer quest dungeon denizens line (or something along that nature). The models often sell for much more then 11.99 individually. I am sure these would be of great help to someone on this forum.

He did have two of wizard boxes, but I just bought one. He also has two FT05 the bretonnian questing party and FT 07 High Elves, and I already bought those from him as well, but I don't think either is so sought after like the wizards are.

I hope someone else snatches up as good a deal as I did quick.

Eric

Edit- I'm so damn excited about this find it has me giddy. I've already purchased what I need, and while most of you might not recognize or care about these sets, I know there are a few people on this forum who should be as equally giddy about such a deal as I am. I only hope they see the deal in time.

Edit number 2- here is a guy on ebay parting out the same sets. Watch and see what they go for. click here
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 20:07

I was going to ask for a pic of the wizards. Are the minis of the last link contained in that box? I know most of them since they were regular beastmen models when I started Warhammer (beastmen were just released as an individual army, albeit in the the same book as Warriors and Daemons). Were there standard bearers in Warhammer Quest? Seriously, those are just normal, old, bestmen models to me. I even have them lying around here. Except for that Minotaur there but that one looks butt ugly. Very Happy

And it can't that there are so many beastmen in that box right? I mean, there are two regular shamans, both are still available today...
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1300213&rootCatGameStyle=

a standard bearer and a normal champion. Not much rare Warhammer Quest stuff to me. Maybe that link isn't showing the items you meant but I do wonder why those regular outdated Beastman models are tagged Warhammer Quest.

Maybe someone can enlighten me (please!)? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 20:25

The items in the FT03 is a box is a set of eight wizards. The eight wizards, if I recall correctly, are Dark Elf , Chaos, Bright, Amber, Jade, Gold, Light, Celestial. One of the baddies can double as an amethyst wizard. Basically, the set is the entire Empire Colleges of Magic in plastic. It would be the entire set if you used FT06 Adventurers, which contains the four heroes from Warhammer Quest (Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf and Wizard), and four heroes from talisman (halfling, assassin, dwarven slayer, and wardancer). Also, I believe that the Celestial wizard doubled as a Kislevite Shaman in Warhammer Quest, but don't quote me on that, my memory of 2002 is very hazy. I think that is actually a quite sought after model.

The second link is a guy who is selling the eight wizards separately out of the box. I just linked to all of his auctions so that if one wanted to they could watch the auction and see what the individual wizards go for.

Again for many of you this might mean absolutely nothing, but I am sure there are a few who would jump at the opportunity to puchase the wizards for such a price.

edit - cianty, click on the first link at the very beginning of my post to see the box I am referring to.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 20:31

Thanks, Joker! I do appreciate this!

I did click the first link but it only shows the box, not the content. And that other guy only has 6 items listed of which I know most from my 5th edition days.

Maybe I'm just dumb.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 21:06

cianty wrote:

I did click the first link but it only shows the box, not the content.

Yes, it is my thought that the seller has no idea the value of the Wizards set that he has got on his hands. That is why I was so excited to purchase the sets that I did and tried to make the opportunity to purchase additional sets known here. Whoever purchases that wizards set will get a combined reissue of 80s/90s vintage GW miniatures that was released in rather limited numbers for just a couple bucks.

Most people, even those gaming back around the turn of the millenium, don't really know or remember that GW put the "FT" series out, it was not something GW pushed very hard at all. I think there were eight boxed sets total. Regardless, think about it, could you imagine GW releasing a box set of what is basically the Empire colleges of magic for 12 bucks. GW would never do that today. But GW used to.

edit - here is a picture of the eight wizards in the box set that I found after a significant amount of time spent on google.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 21:24

I remember these, they were re-released not all that long ago (maybe early 2000's?) when GW did their brief "toybox" releases, which I think was pretty much just getting rid of old plastics in sets of 5 or so. They did it with Space Marines, Plague Marines, Beastmen, Bret Knights, Adventurers, Dwarfs, etc. etc.

It was kind of a cool idea, the models aren't great quality but are cool for collectors. You can make a wizard from pretty much any of the colleges using the current box, but if that's not your style or you like the vintage stuff then the wizard set is definitely worth it. If you're like me and don't really like the oversize weapons (but unlike me, actually play Empire), then I think the wizards are a good investment.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 21:25

Ah, I remember than Khemri type of wizard. Surely a great opportunity for any Khemri player. Undead
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 21:54

cianty wrote:
Ah, I remember than Khemri type of wizard. Surely a great opportunity for any Khemri player. FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! 480167

Yes, and the wizard with the scythe is the perfect Priest of Moor for mercenary warbands. The wizard with a bearclaw I am fairly certain was used commonly as a Kislev Shaman, or very easily a norse shaman for any lustria setting. The Wizard with the scroll makes for a great merchant. A priest of Taal in the flame wizard. Several warlock hired swords in there too. A lot of possibilities in one little box, I can't wait for mine to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 23:10

Does anyone have a pic of the models in the FT05 Knights Retinue box?
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 23:49

Koyote wrote:

I think it is just plastic bowmen and plastic mounted knights of the realm if my memory is correct. These sets were all plastic when they were released years ago, and they were before any of the multipart plastic kits that GW started to release with Warhammer 5th edition.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 11:00

I bought the wizards and all the plastic stuff for Warhammer quest about 12 € a year ago... There's the 8 wizards + 1 another + dwarf slayer + dwarf lord + fury DE + elf ranger + assassin + barbarian + halfing + some other stuff I forgot FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_redface
And later I bought all the metal stuff (but I miss some of them FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_evil ) like the witch hunter, the pit fighter, the bretonnian knight, etc...
But they're quite rare, I just had some luck ! FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 11:29

I believe Joker is correct. I remember seeing one knight and a few bowmen (old style plastic) and that was it.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 13:07

And the wizards are gone. I don't know when and I don't know who got it, but I am sure that person is happy with their purchase. Maybe it was someone on this website. Up for less then a day, I don't think there is any way the seller knew what they were selling.
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 16:39

I think Joker is right, the seller had no idea what he/she was selling. I should be able to keep what I want from the set and make my money back selling the rest.

I only wish that I could have bought the Adventurer box at that price. I would really like to get my hands on that plastic Halfling.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 20:06

Koyote wrote:
I think Joker is right, the seller had no idea what he/she was selling. I should be able to keep what I want from the set and make my money back selling the rest.

I only wish that I could have bought the Adventurer box at that price. I would really like to get my hands on that plastic Halfling.

Are you the one that got the set? I would really hope so. It would be nice to think that someone on this forum got that set because I advertised the bargain here. That's why I did it.

Also, I got the adventurer set for about the same price on ebay several months ago. At the time, I didn't know what I was buying, but the adventurer set prompted me to do the research, which is how I (re)discovered this line of GW minis. I even put a post on it here.

Edit - already, the wizards being sold individually are up to $16.85 total, and there is still almost a whole week in the auction left.

Also, the halfing from the adventurers set is on ebay right now, look at the second link in my first post, he is currently 6.50
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 21:17

Yup, that was me. I don't supposed I could convince you to part with your Halfling? I want to add him to my new Averlander warband. Trade maybe?
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009 - 22:16

Koyote wrote:
Yup, that was me. I don't supposed I could convince you to part with your Halfling? I want to add him to my new Averlander warband. Trade maybe?

Nope, sorry, that would mean I would have to replace the halfling from my set. Why don't you just buy the Halfling off ebay? Just click here.

I am glad that someone else on this forum got such a good deal on those models. Good for you.
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009 - 22:13

Koyote wrote:

Got my goods in the mail today. The FT05 Knights retinue box has one plastic mounted knight of the realm, and four plastic bowmen, all from fifth edition warhammer fantasy. Not really a very good deal, unless you are a Warhammer Quest player and only wanted to purchase one knight of the realm and the odd squire or three. Otherwise, not really any point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!   FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FT03 Wizards Warband cheap on ebay - collector buy now!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1