Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Da Bank's Brets

Go down 
+7
Von Kurst
Drugart
Mordheimer
perfesser
Kaptain Dedgob
DeafNala
Da Bank
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 12:51

Da Bank's Brets Pictur25
Da Bank's Brets Pictur24
Da Bank's Brets Pictur23
Da Bank's Brets Pictur22
Da Bank's Brets Pictur21
Da Bank's Brets Pictur20
Da Bank's Brets Pictur19
Da Bank's Brets Pictur18
Da Bank's Brets Pictur17
Da Bank's Brets Pictur16
Da Bank's Brets Pictur15
Da Bank's Brets Pictur14
Da Bank's Brets Pictur13
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 13:06

That's QUITE a HORDE of Brets, Amigo.
Some VERY COOL stuff in there...I especially like the Fellow with the Blunderbus. Da Bank's Brets 544694
Please don't be offended, but posting your photos vertically rather than horizontally WOULD make viewing & commenting MUCH easier.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 13:13

Thanks, I will see what I can do on posting them horizontally.

I use the Marienburg rules for my Brets, that is why they can have a blunderbuss. I created a xbow man also to represent the Tilean marksmen.
Back to top Go down
Kaptain Dedgob
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain Dedgob

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 14:53

Overall they look pretty nice, but I'd like you see experiment more with shading and make your bases more lively Da Bank's Brets Icon_wink
I used to use that kind of flock, but I've never been the same once I discovered static grass. It looks more like real grass. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
perfesser
Champion
Champion
perfesser

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 23:27

I thought Da Bank didn't paint...

P.S.: Loving the blue.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 3:10

LOL, you got me! I used to paint but between work, family and life there is not that time anymore.

The whole idea for them was to be used in Lustria as a bunch of "dirty" brets who where dishonored knights pillage the Lustrian treasure for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 6:53

DaBank paints... IN HIS DREAMS! He doesn't even have time to eat lunch with me anymore! Razz

Nice models bro... the blue suits them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 11:02

AND ON MY SECOND VISIT...I REALLY like the blue.
As testimony to your painting skills, I've been checking out various Knightly minis.
You've got me in a Bretonnian state of mind
...beats the gutters that my mind usually haunts. Da Bank's Brets Suspect
COOL STUFF! Da Bank's Brets 544694
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 13:37

@ Deaf...LOL..Thanks I always thought the blue gave them a regal look. I got interested in the Brets with Mordheim and reading about the "Bret Hunting Party" Warhammer set.

Anyone noticed I switched out the Khemri shields?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 14:11

I did, I DID!...do I get a cookie now?...no, huh?! Da Bank's Brets Suspect
I thought you were going for the Questing in Araby thingy...
converting the populace to the Lady's faith, & relieving them of
anything of value SO they could assume their proper role as DIRT
POOR peasants. Da Bank's Brets Suspect
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 16:57

Job well done on 'da brets' when you dont paint much anymore. Its like riding a bike, you may still know how to do it, but alittle rickity at first. With alittle time, youll be back in the swing of things!
As others, Like the blue. Blue always screams royalty and of self importance. With a tad bit of shading and some ink. You could make them that much better. Also love the old stand alone horseless knights!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 1:33

@Deaf...Sure you can have a cookie. Da Bank's Brets Icon_biggrin Yea, the Khemri shields and two other models have "lizardmen" shields glued to their backs. I was trying to give them the treasure hunter theme. Basically, a disgraced knight(s) with their trusted entourage looking for treasure to "buy" their way back into power or turned in to glorifed grave robbers.

The main idea came from a White Dwarf article when the updated lizardmen came out in 2004, it was about a small band of Bretonnian knights (who were jacked up with special Lizardmen weapons) and a 1500 point lizardmen army was trying to chase them down. I took that idea and came up with an adapation to Mordheim for Lustria but could be used in setting. A final pitched battle, No guts no Glory.

I did one like this for Mordheim and it was a crazy battle.

@Drugart...I hope that is the case. I tried painting the other day and I did really really bad. LOL. I just need to practice some more. Da Bank's Brets Icon_eek

I need to convert a few more brets to carry handguns and i will be set with them. (Remember I use Marienburg rules for them).

I think I will be selling some of my warbands off as I really don't like playing anything else than Marienburgs and Orcs. Keep an eye out in the trading area or ebay. Da Bank's Brets Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 4:41

So did you repaint your old Brets that you used in Khemri? Or were they always that color and I've just forgotten...

Missing you in Lustria. Send me that scenario, hey?
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 10:08

You should try to photograph without the flash instead and use a different source of lighting, that would make the pictures even nicer to look at.

As an answer on earlier posts about the grass, When I use the grass flock I mix it with sand and brown flock to make it more realistic... How often is the grass that colour AND totally unmixed, especially when out in the woods... But I can understand that people take the easy way out when basing an entire army since it takes a lot of time to make individual bases on each and every figure.

I also like the blue theme and you paint well... But in the fourth picture, is that an old GW horse or something because it is not pretty :O It looks like a blind folded donkey or something (Not you fault of course) The one behind it seems newer to me...

from that last statement I guess that you can figure out that I have never looked into the human races on Warhammer so I am not used to see mano of the different figures Razz
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 14:13

@Von Kurst...some are from back when we played Khemri a long time ago but there are a few "newer" but older additions. Last year I made the Brets with hammers and daggers, blunderbuss and xbow man (tilean marksmen).

@Trusla....You are correct. I could have done the pics better and I may attempt to take a few more today so the pics are better.

LOL, blindfolded donkey but yes, now that I look at that pic it does look that way.

I took the easy way out on the bases Da Bank's Brets Icon_biggrin I had a ton of that basic flock since 2000. I just gave half away to a friend a few months ago and I still have enough to base an entire army.

I like the new basing kit from GW.

Thanks for the comments they are taken and I may try to make a few adjustments (camera flash and ink washes) and may rebase a few of them when I get the new GW basing kit.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009 - 14:43

Da Bank wrote:
I like the new basing kit from GW.

Before you spring for GW's VERY overPRICEY Basing Kits check out the kits here, especially the steampunk oone: http://www.skullcrafts.com/index.htm .

AND, while this stuff ain't cheap, it's OH SO COOL: http://www.scenicexpress.com/ .
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 5:01

I've been feeling a bit of an itch to do some Bretonnians lately too, which is weird, because I was never drawn to
the army before...

Maybe it's because I watched Monty Python's Holy Grail the other night.

Back on topic though - I LOVE the idea of Brets that have fallen out of grace and resorted to dishonerable practices,
do you intendo to go so far as to equip the knights with any black-powder weapons? If so you could convert from the
old Reiksguard on foot.

Blue is a great color choice for the Brets. As far as quick and easy painting techniques, you could always try dipping.
I don't have much experience with it, but there have been a couple of threads lately discussing the methods so maybe
give it a shot.

Last edited by Myntokk on Tue 13 Oct 2009 - 3:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009 - 19:31

Thanxs for posting them... i really got some ideas for my bret warband Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 23:48

@Myntokk

Yes, I actually gave the one knight a pistol, he is the one carrying the barrel of small rum under his arm and next to him is a knight with a Chaos Marauder sword to represent he is pulling weapons that are "cooler" off his slain victims.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009 - 0:10

Da Bank wrote:
@Myntokk

Yes, I actually gave the one knight a pistol, he is the one carrying the barrel of small rum under his arm and next to him is a
knight with a Chaos Marauder sword to represent he is pulling weapons that are "cooler" off his slain victims.

thanks

Very nice! I had overlooked those two the first time I went through your pictures, but I like 'em a lot!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 14:14

I will more than likely place handguns on their backs and or glue pistols to their sides for any others. I don't want to cut up those metal models anymore than I have to.

With that, I do want to create some handgunners from Bretonnian Men at Arms models.

I will order some bits this week to do that as I am out of them.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009 - 17:27

Da Bank wrote:
I will more than likely place handguns on their backs and or glue pistols to their sides for any others. I don't want to cut up those metal models anymore than I have to.

With that, I do want to create some handgunners from Bretonnian Men at Arms models.

I will order some bits this week to do that as I am out of them.
Understood, I have stiffled many a cool conversion idea because I couldn't bring myself to cut up a rare old figure that was needed.

Men at arms sound like a good basis for handgunners though, I really like those models and they're very gritty - in many ways that
will probably fit better with the black powder weapons than the ruffly Imperials.
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 9:18

Hey what did you use for the 2 knights (with the barrel)... I will post mine conversions later this week. Unpainted because i'll made them with my brother this weekend.

So keep an eye on my thread !
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 9:25

@DaBank:COOL, you got your SUPER photos stacked vertically! WELL DONE! Da Bank's Brets Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 20:01

Bank! Why don't you tell them the truth? Your wife painted back in the day, lol. You need to tell her to get back into the habit. I haven't seen those Bret's for years now. Good to see them still in one piece and being used. You need to head down here some day and pull that DirtyRat Luis out of his hiding spot to get a weekend of gaming in again. For old time's sake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Da Bank's Brets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Da Bank's Brets   Da Bank's Brets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Bank's Brets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next