Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Chaos cult

Go down 
+15
thatirwinfella
organboy
Axel
barrskog
Pathfinder Dubstyles
dougbass68
Ashton
Stew9
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Deserter
Brahm Tazoul
Admin Tom
Tagnator
cianty
Setomidor
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

Chaos cult - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos cult   Chaos cult - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2008 - 19:27

I love the fact that you can use the rules for a "good" warband all the way down to the hired swords available! Just switch the elf to a dark elf Smile I suppose this could be done for most of the hired sword you can get? (Do you get evil halflings?)
These are some really nicely converted and painted minis, I see you're a fan of the warrior priests like me; I converted the one with two hammers as a witch hunter lord in the 40k setting (I'm not continuing the army, sticking to Mordheim now!)
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos cult   Chaos cult - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2008 - 19:44

Wow, I love the models. And the idea of an 'evil' witch hunter style warband is awesome. Reminds me of a warband I wrote up called the Daughters of Slaanesh, which was a tweaked version of the Sisters of Sigmar with a Slaanesh feel to it.

Those are sooo nice, those mdels - I love the colour scheme and how dark and sinister they look. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos cult   Chaos cult - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2008 - 22:09

Stunning warband. It's not just the painting and the converting (which are excellent - more on this in a second), but it's the concept behind it all. I think it's a pretty thin line between the witch-hunters and the chaos cults that they profess to fight against. The converted warrior priests are fantastic - my only quibble would be that I think a couple of the weapons are too large (the two-handed axe, for example), but that said, you pull it off. The guy with the back-banner is brilliant.
The flagellant conversions, though, are superb. They're subtle, and yet (with the help of the excellent painting) they completely transform the model.

You say you're working on some Mordheim terrain - if this warband is anything to go by, it's going to look great! Post up pics when you have them.

Oh, and what's your flesh recipe (that sounds bad Shocked , but you know what I mean!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos cult   Chaos cult - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos cult
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2