Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)

Go down 
+18
Bratzor
xarly22
MyLittlePwny
Myntokk
Tagnator
No Time
Paluke
catferret
Trulsa
KRUG_666
matt
Pfreck
Arathorn
DeafNala
lord siwoc
Ezekiel
cianty
Eliazar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KRUG_666
Veteran
Veteran
KRUG_666

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 8:23

Oh my...my my my........This is awesome....I can't wait to see how this warband turns out...the horsmen sprues are like gold are they not? LOL

Really amazing work here....
Back to top Go down
http://www.woebringer.blogspot.com
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 11:05

Yeah, the horsemen sprues are awesome Smile Expect some more pics tonight.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:32

Alright, here is what I have managed to do so far...

First, another pic of the Chieftain. I am currently trying to get the mounted and unmounted version of the legs to look more alike. Apart from that, he is more or less finished. The only thing I have to wait for is more magnets, as I am a little bit afraid to use 2mm magnets for the torsos and legs, because it's quite a lot of plastic to be held.

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Chiefm12

Here is a shot of the legs so you can see what I am doing. I had to bulk out the armour plate at the back, because otherwise, the torsos were a little bit bulky for the mounted version.

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Legs10

Next, my Bloodfather. The front part is kind of done, but I still don't know what to do with the back, as I'd love to have the fur going down quite far, but there we have the difficulty with different legs... I'll see what I'll come up with. In his left hand, he is going to get one of the large maces from the Chaos Knights sprue.

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Seerfo10

And finally, a picture of the first champion. His arms are magnetized, the head will be glued on, as I need to sculpt some neck so it does not look to stupid on that torso.

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Champ010

Most of the GS is cured already, so I will most probably be able to do some more sculpting tonight.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 18:45

Both are VERY WELL DONE, but the Blood Father ABSOLUTELY ROCKS; keep up the FINE work, Amigo. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Trulsa
General
General
Trulsa

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 19:37

They look so nice Smile I really love your figures...
Back to top Go down
KRUG_666
Veteran
Veteran
KRUG_666

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 20:49

That is some brutal looking models.....lets see some paint!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 21:52

Very cool Conversion, Sascha! I especially like the Blood Father. He looks so impressive and frightening. Just as he should. thumbsup

Some questions, though:

What about the Warhounds? Do you already have them assembled and ready for painting?

Which model will be wielding the Steel Whip? You definately need one of your models to wield one. Maybe, if the arms are magnetised you can easily switch the arms so it doesn't really matter which one is wielding it. My suggestion/recommendation from a gameplay point of view is to give it to one of the Champions.

Lastly, what about the Condemned? Sure, he cannot be mounted, but specifically to support the mounted theme he was given access to Speed skills. You NEED a Condemned. Seriously. A Condemned is THE opportunity for some wacky conversion work. Also, considering your work with magnets, I can see some crazy things done with him to represent his shifting profile. It's a great chance to "tell a story" a story also and give the warband some background. Like my Marauders, who worhsip Tchar, have a Condemned, who used to follow Arkhar before, so now he is haunted by the Blood God (hence his daemonic red head). Maybe your Condemned is a former Tchar Champ? Heck, we might have switched your Marauder Champions and now they're tortured by each other gods. Very Happy This is a great way to do some conversion work that you couldn't do normally with your chosen god... like feathers or a beak for Condemned Tchar model in an Arkhar warband...

God, this turned out really lenghy... I am sorry, but I really like this warband. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 22:16

Thanks for the comments, folks Smile

Chris, as this was kind of a rather spontaneous decision, the doggies are still getting sick on a plane or a ship or something Wink I think I'll give the steel whip to one of the champs. As you said, with the magnetized arms that should go easily.

As with the condemned, I did not really figure out how I will design him yet. I will sure add one, but the trouble was that the starting warband is already at it's cost limit with the 4 mounted heroes and 5 dogs, and I think they really need all of them. So I just started with them, but the condemned will soon follow. Now that you are so anxious, I might lie in bed tonight and make something up for him, as I did with the story for the cart race (to be released tonight Very Happy). However, your story of switching the champs sound really cool, and fortunately, I think I ordered one of these chaos spawn boxes, too, and probably there's some bird's head in it. So, be patient!
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2009 - 22:26

Man, there's some cool stuff here. Great use of beastmen parts for the torsos, they look better than the Marauder ones.

I really will have to finish off my own Marauders one of these days...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 0:24

Eliazar,

cool! bounce
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 10:52

wow eli Very Happy!! Going great with your models!! Keep it up thumbsup
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 14:40

What? None of them have been painted yet? You slacker!!! Razz

Looking great mate! Keep up the good work! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 19:57

Oh, love the Bloodfather! He is not a guy I would want to meet on a lonely mountain peek!!! Shocked

Looking forward to seeing him painted and ready for battle...
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:12

Alright, again, I managed to delete my whole post by accidentally hitting the goddamn touch pad... Next try.

I made some progress... the Bloodfather now got a cloak which does need only some more work, I've got enough arm options for the basic warband, have one champion already finished and the second one WIP, found some parts for my condemned (there was no cool bird's head in the chaos spawn box, so I will have to sculpt my own), and a cool Khornate head in the chaos spawn box which will find it's way onto my chieftains shoulders at some point.

Anyway, here are some pcs of the Bloodfather on foot and mounted:

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Seerfo14
chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Seerfo15

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Seermo13
chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Seermo14

And look what was in the mail yesterday:

chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Warhou10

That's it for now. More pics of everything when the last champion is completed.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:22

COOL EVIL DUDES & SICK PUPPIES! VERY nice progress. Keep plugging, Amigo! chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:26

Great solution for the cloak/pelt! that was the only thing that worried me when working on my own models... now I see it's possible to handle that without problems, I might get on with my own mounted models! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:46

Depending on the model, you can also use flowing cloaks I think (like the ones that come with the pistoliers). I think they will fit well on the new empire stuff, as all the bodies look like they are running all the time anyway (even while aiming and shooting Suspect ).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 18:48

Great stuff! cheers I really dig the Blood Father. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
KRUG_666
Veteran
Veteran
KRUG_666

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 19:07

The Blood Father is really top notch, he reminds me of the shaman in 13th Warrior.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:25

Great green-stuffing! chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin the poses are very nice, and getting them on and off of horses is a great idea! chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:31

AND having their appendages & torsos magnetized means, when they're taken out of action, you can scatter their body parts around the base...what a concept! chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Suspect chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Affraid
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:39

Ha ha ha! Cathayan Monk 1
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 20:45

Plus, if cianty is throwing stuff down from the board again, the parts can just fall off without braking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 21:46

Eliazar wrote:
Plus, if cianty is throwing stuff down from the board again, the parts can just fall off without braking Very Happy

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well, the positive thing about this comment is that it implies that we get to play again some day bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 22:10

cianty wrote:
Eliazar wrote:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Well, the positive thing about this comment is that it implies that we get to play again some day bounce bounce bounce

Wink

And of course we are going to play again some day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)   chaos - The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hung are coming! (Marauders of Chaos)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next