Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg

Go down 
+34
BigD
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
floedebolle
Alex
Dreng Tromm
folketsfiende
mweaver
Mithras
meerkat
ebon_tower
Mo!
Da Bank
Gobbo Freak
Paul
hero
Lanyssa Ryssyll
abhorsen950
JAFisher44
Myntokk
Tagnator
matt
Eliazar
Pfreck
werekin
cianty
No Time
Pathfinder Dubstyles
FKSN
lord siwoc
catferret
Chad
DeafNala
Ezekiel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 9:12

GOD SPEED TO BREMEN!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 9:58

Righteous! Bremen was epic! and a boost has been found to finish more models! (or at least start converting some more...)

During the campaign in Bremen I've gained some skills wich need to be displayed, and the ability to gain horses is really tempting (I know Eli is on his way to make some, so I cannot stay behind!)

Sadly, I'm also gonna have to remodel the arms of my merchant, as he got sold to the pits, and though he survived, he could not keep his weapons....:S - losing 2 duelling pistols, a rapier, a dagger, and a hat, covered in awesomesauce...

Firstly though, I need to finish painting these guys (and the cart - which crazily enough survived everything (galloping into walls, covered by an avalanche, and riding amongst burning buildings.. Smile)

Last edited by Ezekiel on Mon 24 Aug 2009 - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 10:21

Don't remodel him; make a new one! It's a GREAT excuse to make another mini...excuses are WONDEROUS things. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep 2009 - 9:37

What do you know... I've actually worked on the cart last night! Smile and did some painting and highlighting of the knights and other heroes...

tonight I will continue on the cart (I need to make the rear wheels... and figure out a way to attach it to the horses... I don't like the yoke in the middle, but the horses need to be detachable as well... so I'll have to work that out... )

Also, I want to see if I can finish up some more henchmen and details on the crossbows.. maybe pics tonight? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep 2009 - 9:40

Yes!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 18:47

So... I finally fixed some wheels for my cart, though I am rather unhappy with them I think... they do not match up... (see for yourself) what do you guys think... should I switch the front wheels for some bigger closed ones? (not as big as the rear wheels, but slightly more matchin... now it looks a bit like a dragracer (hmmm new rules?! Razz)

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Cart

Also, my warband participated in a painting competition (I got in 3rd (:S out of three)) but, they took some pictures, so I can post more progress! Smile

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 DSC_5648

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 CSC_5672

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 CSC_5673
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 19:22

The looks great! I really like it!

But the wheels do look weird indeed. I have never seen such closed wheels before - but in Mordheim anything is possible I guess... scratch How about changing the back wheels? What a Face

I really dig the other models. Somehow the pics don't do them justice... They are so great. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 19:41

EXCELLENT LOOKING War Band! I LOVE the colors you chose...they're in 1st palce with moi. VERY WELL DONE! marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 544694

The wheels do look a bit odd...not the size; the front wheels should be smaller, but the mix of solid rear & spoked front is off. Historex used to have some nice artillery spoked wheels for their 54mm Napoleonics; I'm not sure if they're around anymore though.

BTW solid wheels were/are more prevalent in Italy, Portugal, & Spain. They were THE standard style wheel in Spain through most of the 19th century.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 20:22

they look great! Especially the ''captain''. Love the colours you've used haha Very Happy My rugby club uses the same colours, so cheers! marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 544694
The cart is coming along very well, keep it up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 20:36

Cianty, does your flattering ever cease? Wink but yeah, the wheels are off... just still un certain as to what to do with it... I just filled it up, and wanted to add some gear/baggage, but when I put the horses in front of it, it turned out to look massive!! :S so I'm really not sure as to what to do with it...start over? changes wheels, cut down the size? :S :S :S :S

Last edited by Ezekiel on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 22:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 21:01

Ezekiel wrote:
Cianty, does your flattering ever cease? Wink

Hell no! I love me! I mean, Christian, erm... your Merchant... Very Happy

Ezekiel wrote:
so I'm really not sure as to what to do with it...start over? changes wheels, cut down the size? :S:S:S:S

No, don't start over. Just change the (rear) wheels. It looks great. But maybe you can take a pic of the loaded wagon with horses and everything? bounce
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 21:16

cool warband man! too bad they only got the 3rd place.. TWICE marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_twisted ! (above me the second time, though..)
you should try to make pretty big holes in the back weels, and maybe try to make some spakes? or just leave em off, cause the cart isn't even going to make it to the fifth game Razz

Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 21:55

Great progress, Ez! Too bad they only got 3rd.. Ahh well, they certainly look great!

I still have four of those plastic closed wheels I told you about, dunno when I can give them to you? I think they'll look great on it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009 - 22:30

Nice looking warband, that merchant is really impressive (and appropriately flamboyant)!

Where does your Ogre model come from?
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 1:50

Wow, if those guys got 3rd I'd like to see 1st and 2nd.
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009 - 12:17

@ JAFisher44: If Ezekiel doesn't mind, here they are
single model:
Spoiler:

Group/warband:
Spoiler:

note: I do not own nor have I painted any of this miniatures.
marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Moz-screenshotmarienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-1

Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2009 - 16:26

Great cart, Ez!

I really like the big closed wheels. Leave them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2009 - 17:04

Eliazar wrote:
Great cart, Ez!

I really like the big closed wheels. Leave them marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

After visiting the Cart a number of times, I've noticed the big wheels get better looking with each visit...I agree: KEEP 'EM! marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 18:42

Thanks a lot all! (and thanks matt for the linkage)

I stuck with the closed wheels, added some details (naturally ran out of material while working on the last wheel :S) and am now rather happy with the looks of the cart... thouh the horses loo like bloody ponies now! it's still rather big...

but, I think I want to change the small "medieval horses" with some decent belgium working horses
like these beasts:

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Wwwtrekpaardenmelk-zeelandnl2
marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Paarden09-4

problem now is, what to use for them! they need to be about a one and a half time the size of normal GW horses, and I'm not looking forward to sculpting them myself...anyone have a suggestion as to what models to base them on?

Help is greatly appreciated, for I want these guys done!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 18:58

I think GW horses are already amongst the biggest 28mm horses. Most other (historical) companies usually have smaller horses. You could try Black Scoprion's Wild West range. Since they are 30mm I presume their horses are also a bit larger.

(PS: Remember that non-GW models do not qualify as entrants for the BTB contest)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 19:19

If there's a good model railroad store nearby, check out the O scale Preiser range of domestic animals; I believe they have a good sized draft horse: Clydesdale or Belgian. A heavy draft horse would be about half again the size of a heavy cavalry horse.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 20:59

If you feel like it, you can also remove all the Chaos iconography and use the marauder horses.
Back to top Go down
abhorsen950
Hero
Hero
abhorsen950

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 21:03

Its looking all good

Keep it up

Steve
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 11:32

Having read about your ABYSSMAL luck with the Merchant's Cart, I found THE PERFECT team of horses:

marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Dead_livestock

Cool, huh?! marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 73199
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 12:12

lol!

That's awesome Very Happy Come on, Ez, order some Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   marienburg - Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next