Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Chair's Log

Go down 
+38
Hadriel Caine
smokezombie
Getze
Paboook
floedebolle
Vent
Oswor
shotguncoffee
Pirexian
El mastodon
pascal the rascal
Aldhick
cianty
widgren
HornedRat
Skavenblight
vampirekhaine
Streetlight Manifesto
Asp
WarbossKurgan
hero
Milliardo
Pfreck
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ezekiel
benny_89
Karitas
mrtn
Fungomungus
Drugart
conan the ballbearing
Torin
Tewfik
DeafNala
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
catferret
Eliazar
Mr.chair
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

The Chair's Log - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 23:44

That is a spectacular conversion! I love it! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 0:54

Thanks everyone. True to my word I've started painting this fellow, but it's extremely slow going. I'm trying to use glazes and they're neither quick, nor intuitive. Hopefully I don't end up ruining the miniature! Razz
Back to top Go down
Streetlight Manifesto
Warrior
Warrior
Streetlight Manifesto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 5:51

Damn, really, you too?

I'm willing to bet that your glaze experiment turns out better than mine...
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 21:21

This site is what got me inspired to give it a shot. The english in the tutorials is pretty broken so it can be a bit hard to piece it all together, but you can get the right idea most of the time.
http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/tutorial-working-with-glazes.html
Back to top Go down
Streetlight Manifesto
Warrior
Warrior
Streetlight Manifesto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 6:56

Back to top Go down
Aldhick
Veteran
Veteran
Aldhick

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 18:23

I love what you managed to do with the original state trooper pose, which always reminds me a guy who's just about to sit down on a toilet... Your leg adjustment in combination with those pistols gave him realistic dynamism. Great job!!
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 22:47

i missed this thread ... but hope it's not too late to congratulate you on your work !
the withhunters on foot (i'm not into mounted mini's) and the beastmen are awesome !
keep up the good work !
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 20:56

I'm glad you guys like them. Our Summer Mordheim league here starts on the 13th, so I'm madly scrambling to get the rest of the witchhunters assembled. Most of the models are 80+% complete, then on to the eternal nightmare of getting paint on them. I finished painting the first witchhunter and set the standard way too high for the rest of the warband. This should be a nightmare! Anyways, I will try and post some pictures later today.
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 22:10

Looking forward to the painted pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
El mastodon
Warrior
Warrior
El mastodon

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 23:56

Shocked

These are the skills I crave for !!!
flawless in technique, scale, imagination, etc...
Very inspiring ! keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 20:16

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my work, it makes it a lot easier to sit down and pick up my sculpting tools when I know there are loyal supporters out there!

I took a minute last night and re-read most of this thread. I'm such a lying bastard. I promise paint on those outriders so many times, haha. Well, for once, I have finished painting something. Maybe this will be a new leaf turned over for me and my painting career...or not!

I'll start with the boring stuff first and work up to the finale. My first warband for this summer's campaign is, as my last post indicated, witch hunters. As usual, my camera/nemesis betrayed me at every turn. It has a mind of its own, sort of like Skynet. That said, try to see the inner beauty through the lousy photography.

The first flagellant is this fellow. He's been blinded by his visions of sigmar and gropes blindly forward seeking to lay the smack down with his hammer on anything slimy he touches Smile
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters003-1
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters004-1
The next flagellant is showing off a scroll. Probably reads something to the effect of "place head on flagstone and hold still so I can help you see the light of Sigmar with this giant hammer".
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters007-1
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters005-1
You may have noticed these guys don't have typical flagellant weapons. That's because I am a cheating jerk and I could care less about WYSIWYG. Hammers look cool, so hammers they get. Counts as Flails, of course Wink

On to bigger and better things. The second witch hunter is complete. I really like how he turned out. Plenty of buckles, just like the GW witch hunters, and a cool rifle I found in the handgunner box that has tally marks on the side.
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters011
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters010
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters009
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters008

And last but not least (no, certainly not least) the original witch hunter: IN COLOR! Of course, the pictures are sort of blah, and the quality varies from picture to picture, but you get the idea. Just a quick blab about this guy; I decided to try out the glaze technique that so many incredible European painters are using to great effect. It's an extremely difficult and frustrating procedure. It's both technically demanding, and requires a good instinct for use of color and knowledge of how lighting affects surfaces. I don't think I've nailed the technique by any means, but I learned a lot, so hopefully the next guy will go quicker, and look better to boot.
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters012-1
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters014-1
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters021
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHunters022
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 20:36

Yeah The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_cheers Nice to see your minis again. And the update is huuuuge!

So...

1. Flagellants. Very nice models. Where is the metal scroll from?

2. Witch hunter conversion. Cool man with rifle. Good use of handgunnger bits.

3. Witch hunter in color. Awesome. You are a talented painter, man. Good idea to use glaze, it looks really great. Some things are not easy, but you know it works Smile Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 23:12

awesome guy! I love the clothings' shades!!
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 12:46

More painting. More. MORE. He is amazing.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 12:59

I love this thread! Very Happy

Mr.chair wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my work, it makes it a lot easier to sit down and pick up my sculpting tools when I know there are loyal supporters out there!

You have no worries there - you not only have loyal supporters (and I think I can speak for most of us on this) you have avid fans!
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 13:25

Mr.chair wrote:

It's nice how posting becomes a symbiotic relationship...some well deserved praise from us Fellow Forumites motivates you, while your work inspires us. SO...keep up the FINE WORK & keep the relationship going. The Chair's Log - Page 4 544694
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 23:35

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I got a bit more finished today. Only two witch hunters left now (one of which will be for my lad's got talent option). Unfortunately they are both slow going and will take a week or more to finish at the rate that I sculpt. Anyways, back to the good news. Finished another flagellant, a witch hunter and the warrior priest.

@Skavenblight: the scroll comes from a warhammer 40k witchhunter sprue. Doesn't get any better than witchhunter bits to sue on my witchhunters Smile

First off we have the flagellant. He's sort of madly glaring up from underneath his hood. I found that head and it already looks a little nutty, so the pose sort of followed from there. He's got the necessary stake in case he encounters anything that doesn't want to stay dead.
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband004
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband006
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband007

Then we have a warrior priest. Nothing too unique going on here. I've seen a dozen other conversions with the same head. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with him. His hammer looks like it means business.
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband008
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband010
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband011
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband009
And another witchhunter with the requisite long coat we've all come to expect in every witchhunter warband. I'm pretty happy with this guy, he took a long time to do because of all the finicky little steps involved, and my lack of a putty oven to speed up the curing process.
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband001
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband002
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband003

And just for the heck of it, a warband in progress shot (minus the painted guy who is still on his ugly cork and didn't want to tower above hsi poor unpainted comrades).
The Chair's Log - Page 4 WitchHuntersWarband013
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 23:50

I really need to play with GS more. The last thing I sculpted on a mini was a few years ago.

Love the bases.

Where are those dogs from? I dont recognize them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 0:05

Your work with GS is excellent.
You could sculpt your own models Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 0:08

Wow.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 1:20

GREAT LOOKING WAR BAND! You REALLY captured the Gothic feel of Mordheim...VERY in character & HIGHLY imaginative work. The Chair's Log - Page 4 544694
Back to top Go down
Oswor
Champion
Champion
Oswor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010 - 15:03

That last witch hunter reminds me of Solomon Kane with the skinny face + long hair. Very good work overall!
Back to top Go down
http://osworslab.blogspot.com/
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 18:53

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I can get a dry day here soon and prime a few of these guys. My warrior priest is getting pretty tough from his progress in our campaign, so I think he deserves some robes that aren't grey plastic ;P

The dogs are Codwallan (not sure on the spelling there) Hounds from the Confronation range by Rakham. I found mine on ebay, but the idea was a rip off from the mighty foot!
Back to top Go down
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 21:34

These are brilliant! When they're all painted like they're going to look mean as! I love the way you've handled the face. That is beyond cool.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010 - 21:27

Among all your great conversion the one thing that looks odd to me is the length of the warrior priest's neck. Just looks too long to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chair's Log   The Chair's Log - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chair's Log
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Painting and Modelling-
Jump to: