Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[BTB] Marauder great axe question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

[BTB] Marauder great axe question Empty
PostSubject: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:09

Page 129 of the BTB book under marauder special equipment.
Great Axe
25 gold crowns
Availability: Rare 8, Heroes with the
Chosen of Chaos skill only

Just want clarification does this mean that only a hero with Chosen of chaos may search for this item.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:34

I believe you can search for it with ANY hero, but the ONLY hero that can USE it is one with the Chosen of Chaos skill.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:52

Actually I find the rules for this a bit ambigious at times. I mean the who-can-search and who-can-use rules. I can't think of any particular case now though.

Only Marauder Heroes with the Chosen of Chaos skill can use the weapon. We play it that only those Heroes can search for them as well. I'm not sure how the general Mordheim rules handle this. My guess would be that not the entire warband can search the item.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:54

general rules for mordheim are that any hero can search for any item, but they can only use those on their warband listing. They state it is because eventually, they may learn to use other items such as the ones they purchase/find.
Back to top Go down
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:57

I had that thought aswell but the fact it was in the starting hero equipment list seemed to hint otherwise. would be a bit weird if they could be bought at warband creation but could not be used without the skill, being in the hero equipment list conveyed skill with that weapon to my understanding.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 18:58

Yes. But I mean misc items like garlic etc. So e.g. can an entire warband search for a tome of magic and then give it to their spell-caster or can only the wizard himself search for the tome?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 19:00

jbfasta wrote:
I had that thought aswell but the fact it was in the starting hero equipment list seemed to hint otherwise. would be a bit weird if they could be bought at warband creation but could not be used without the skill, being in the hero equipment list conveyed skill with that weapon to my understanding.

If the weapon were not in the starting equipment list then you would need to learn the extra combat skill which allows using "exotic" weapons. This way, however, all heroes could - theoretically - use the weapon but then comes the weapon's special clause which prevents normal Heroes from using the weapon until they learn the Chose of Chaos skill.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 19:01

Any hero can search for any item. Think of it as they have a list, and are going by it... search for tome of magic first, then warhounds, etc.

I see where you are coming from, but I think you have to realize that say perhaps all heroes are searching for lucky charms or rabbits feet... the leader goes, fails, and then his remaining 5 heroes succeed and get their lucky charms or rabbits feet. You think he's gonna let them have it first, or take it for him, who would need it more than anyone else?
Back to top Go down
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 19:17

@pit i see where your coming from my confusion comes from the fact that the restriction is listed as part of its availabilty, and the fact it can be bought by a starting warband.

In a similar instance the skaven weapons for example Weeping blades are listed as Rare 7, skaven only and it states its only available to skaven and only skaven may purchase them. Also they are in their hero equipment list and may be purchased and used in starting warbands without recourse to a skill.

If they were restricted to models with chosen of chaos only i would think it would either be mentioned as a weapon special rule or under the chosen of chaos skill.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeSun 3 May 2009 - 19:21

You can buy the Great Axe for a starting warband but then you will have to wait until one of your Heroes has learned the Chose of Chaos skill to use the weapon.
Back to top Go down
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeMon 4 May 2009 - 9:32

Ok so the intent was that only a hero with Chosen of chaos skill may weild the weapon. Does this mean that no hero from another warband may therefore use it if they obtain one, from a captured injury result for example, even if they have the weapons training combat skill.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeMon 4 May 2009 - 9:34

jbfasta wrote:
Ok so the intent was that only a hero with Chosen of chaos skill may weild the weapon.

Yes.

jbfasta wrote:
Does this mean that no hero from another warband may therefore use it if they obtain one, from a captured injury result for example, even if they have the weapons training combat skill.

Yes. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeMon 4 May 2009 - 10:03

Sweet thanks for clearing that up for me.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitimeMon 4 May 2009 - 10:06

You are most welcome! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauder great axe question   [BTB] Marauder great axe question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[BTB] Marauder great axe question
Page 1 of 1