Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end

Go down 
+2
Eliazar
Da Bank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Empty
PostSubject: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 0:10

Check out the link of our photos from Tuesday we only played one game due to the amount of people that keep asking us about the game.

I want to play more but all the new interest has been great at our gaming store. We now have 5 players on Tuesday and two on Thursday. Seven total players now playing our game.

We have two Dark Eldar players wanting to play. Hopefully, we can come up something for them soon.

I have one unpainted mini to represent the new LGT as I did not have enough time to prep him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29644515@N07/

Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end 3294033996
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 0:15

Cool pics! And some bright ones of the Last Chancers, too! Good to hear that there's such a lot of interest in the game.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 0:23

Yea, things are good at the moment. We are going to have to have at least one person set out so they can help others with questions as it constant.

It is tough to field questions from on lookers while helping new people play but that is why we have Mordheimer.

Mordheimer was giving us morale support by watching the game and soothe talking the fresh meat....errr....new recuits for the ongoing WAR of the 41st Millenimum. A few of them actually had opportunities to ask a few questions after Mordheimers long answers. LOL (Just messing with you Mordheimer).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 8:17

HOORAY! The last Chance Lads & Lasses were out there kicking some petootie! Looks like the number of 40Kish scenery pieces is growing. VERY COOL STUFF! thumbsup

It's nice to be a part of such a FINE project, even if that "part" is only contributing a few minis. Gives me a warm felling inside...of course that could be last night's Chili from HELL. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009 - 22:15

Yes, the 40k terrain is from hamsterboy (don't ask). The gaming mat is Mordheimers.

Your contribution to the cause is great! The models are the envy of many.

We seem to have an eager volunter making an SQL Army Builder for us. I can't wait till its all done.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 6:40

Congratulations on all the eager new players; it's testamony to the fine job you & Mordheimer did on designing the game. thumbsup
You got a room to rent? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 7:40

LOL... room to rent. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 10:11

Mordheimer wrote:
LOL... room to rent. Awesome!

The garage would do. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009 - 10:55

Deafnala

The housing market it is sooo bad that if you wanted to buy a house now is the time. I have seen homes that are only a few years old 3 bedroom and 2 bath with 2 car garage go for $90,000.

My garage if full but I will see if I can make room in the Attic, but I would need to get you some AC as the Florida summers are killer.

Mordheimer...we could put up some shelfs at 2d10 so deafnala could sleep on.

Thanks for the kind words as both Mordheimer and I have been making great sacrifices to get this far. It has been fun.
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 20:50

maybe a stupid question.. but what IS "Death Squad"? Embarassed

I know kill team.. i know necromunda.. never heard of D.S. before!

Looks like fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 21:53

Death Squad is a skirmish level 40K game that Da bank & Mordheimer have been creating. It's somewhere between Necromunda & Mordheim with a bit of Gorka Morka, but it IS most definitely a unique thingy in & of itself. God but that was vague & confusing Suspect .
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 22:24

It's the 40K skirmish game of the year (when it's released Smile )!!!

The game is based on the Mordheim rules, with elements of GorkaMorka, Space Hulk, Necromunda and whatnot put into it - plus some new rules from Mordheimer and DaBank. At the moment, there are already rules for IG and Ork Squads, Renegades are in development, Space Marine scouts too, and in the end, every race shall be included.

I am the official proof reader, so you can trust me on this Wink

I hope I did not give any wrong information...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 0:09

cool Smile!!!

keep me posted on the progress please Cool
Back to top Go down
Blackjack13
Hero
Hero
Blackjack13

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 1:29

I to have just stumbled across the sheer awesomeness of Death Squads!! Seriously cannae wait for it to be released - I'm having Guard urges and they need a scratchin'!!

As you may have guessed I am VERY impressed with the work, reviews and concepts (al-be-it mainly indirectly and vaguely), I've seen so far and can't wait to be able to play it!!

If you ever want someone else to help out just holla!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 4:32

@Deafnala...you did good.

@Paluke...Death Squads is a true 40K skirmish game that Mordheimer and I started on this last summer. It involves a main foundation of Mordheim core rules, sprinkle in a little Necromunda, add in a dash of Gorka Morka and a pinch of Space Hulk. Presto! Death Squads. The name was taken from Kill Teams.

The rulebook if formated just like a Mordheim rulebook and is over 150 pages long currently.

We have two core Squads complete (G 99%, Orks 85%, Imperial Renegades 75%, Space Marines 50% and Eldar 5%).

@Blackjack13...it is a blast, we just played again tonight. We are working out a few more kinkds. It is 100% playable but needs a few more things.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009 - 4:40

@Blackjack...we are always looking for people to help but the key is what can you bring to the table? Do you have a gaming group who would be playing it weekly? Are you a good editor or designer?
Back to top Go down
Blackjack13
Hero
Hero
Blackjack13

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 4:01

Da Bank wrote:
@Blackjack...we are always looking for people to help but the key is what can you bring to the table? Do you have a gaming group who would be playing it weekly? Are you a good editor or designer?

Gaming Group? What is this 'gaming group' you speak of? LOL I crack myself up... unfortuantely I am alone in my interest of games outside the 'Big 3' of GW. I am also at Southampton which is renowned in this area as being one of teh most competative scenes around, so doubt there'd be much interest either (tried getting Mordheim going = nada Crying or Very sad )

As so far as editing goes, that's a no... and designing...um...that'd be a no too... I might be able to help out with 'concepts' with regards to scenarios/warbands though, as I do have a pretty decent fluff knowledge.

I am a pretty good painter, and avid collector, so, if you guys ever write up the rules in a similar way to (the deity) Tom has with BTB I could contribute to that 'Gallery' section I suppose.

Sorry I can't offer much, if anything, really. As I said above I am more interested in the modelling/painting, along with the social, aspects rather than that of gaming, especailly mechanics. I like the stories behind the 40k 'verse, so tend to focus on that and that which ties into it, than the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 12:53

We could always use a good "fluffer".

Please PM your email address and we can correspond that way.

Let's see what we can get worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end   Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Squad Photos 2 17 2009 and Nala's pretties at the end
Page 1 of 1