Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Alcaeus' scenery projects.

Go down 
+10
_si_
Identity
Josef Bugman
Eliazar
DeafNala
Admin Tom
gilzenaar
Chad
cianty
Alcaeus
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Alcaeus' scenery projects. Empty
PostSubject: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 15:59

Hey guys, here i'm gonna show what I'm busy with on the area of terrain.
Let me first show something I made recently:
Alcaeus' scenery projects. Painted3aa2
Alcaeus' scenery projects. Painted2hf9
Alcaeus' scenery projects. Painted1fv1

Alcaeus' scenery projects. Painted4kx8

Yes, that's right, it's a ruined building made out of sprue Smile here's a pic before it was painted:
Alcaeus' scenery projects. View2aj3

That one took quite a while, and now i'm making another one. I already have a blister on my finger from cutting sprue Razz

Also, why registering on this forum, i had another idea for a scenery piece. I'm reading the book Witch Hunter at the moment, and there are some scenes in Mordheim. Here's a piece of text that describes what i'm gonna make:

Quote :
"A much closer signpost had been placed upon the highest swell of the rubble. A great iron spike, some twelve feet high, perhaps once the support for the bed of a wagon or the hull of a boat, rose from the debris, pointing upwards like an accusing finger. Upon it had been lashed an old carriage wheel, the rich colours of itspaint flaking away in the ill air that filled the city.
Lashed to the wheel was a bundle of sorry and ragged remains, the faded debris of a soldier's livery clinging to his pallid bones. Who he had been or what he had done to deserve such a fate, none could say, nor even if he had been alive or dead before earning his seat high above the rubble. The skeleton had long ago been picked clean by crowsnd ravens, and even the last scraps of meat had been stripepd away by the inch-long ants that now infested great sections of the ruins. A scrap of parchment bearing the last vestiges of a wax seal was the only sign of who the unfortunate victim might have been or what he might have done. The grimy rain had faded away whatever account of his misdeeds had once been recorded there and the wind had torn away nearly all that the rain had spared, leaving the skeleton to endure it ignominious end in anonymity.
The bloated rat leapt across the uneven ubble, hopping from oen mass of stone to the next, and scrabbled up the base of the iron pole, it's curled claws finding an easy purchase on the corroded metal. The rodent perched on the crude wooden sign that some passerby in a moment of morbid humour had affixed to the forgotten gibbet. In dark charcoal letters that rain and fog had yet to devour, the jokester's hand had scrawled: "Welcome to Mordheim"."

My dad has my camera for a while, so i'll see when i can make some pics.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 16:04

Ha ha, cool! I was looking at the pics and wondering what the tower was made of and then scrolled down to the solution. Very cool. Coolest things I have ever seen anyone do with the remains of sprues. I look forward to your next project!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 16:06

Great idea! An really well executed. And very time-consuming! Ouch, that thing must have taken ages!
Back to top Go down
gilzenaar
Champion
Champion
gilzenaar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 16:24

Really nice dude, finally a good use for the (until now)-useless leftovers from the sprues, these look really good. Smile right
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2009 - 16:52

LOL! I went really close to my screen to see what that building was made of Smile I thought "that balsa looks weird..." and them I saw the WIP shot.

Excellent building my friend! Well done.

DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 9:43

Of all the things I've come to hate, waste has got to be the most hated. It IS SO COOL to see something that BEAUTIFUL made from something that most folks regard as trash. WONDERFUL WORK! VERY WELL DONE! cheers

AND the background story is BRILLIANT! GREAT POST! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 9:53

Great Scott! Now I'm kicking myself for all the sprues I've thrown away! Mad
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 9:58

UnderBheit wrote:
Great Scott! Now I'm kicking myself for all the sprues I've thrown away! Mad

Try cutting the sprues you have not yet thrown away and then see again if you want to kick yourself - cutting sprues is such an awful work! (at least it has been for me Suspect )
Back to top Go down
Josef Bugman
Hero
Hero
Josef Bugman

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 21:59

Great idea! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 22:37

Eliazar wrote:
Try cutting the sprues you have not yet thrown away and then see again if you want to kick yourself - cutting sprues is such an awful work! (at least it has been for me Suspect )

I use a large pair of wire clippers to clip through sprues; it's quick and easy. It doesn't make a clean cut, but many of the things I use sprues for don't require one. If a clean cut is required, you can trim the rough one much easier than making a full cut through the sprue.

Hadn't thought to build walls using sprue. It has a unique look; I may just have to try it.
Back to top Go down
_si_
Warrior
Warrior
_si_

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeWed 18 Feb 2009 - 23:38

Excellent stuff - great idea to use the sprues as the main building material. I have used sprues before as broken girders and rubble in futuristic ruins, and I have to second what a few other posters have said - you must have the patience of a saint and a thumb and forefinger of steel to cut up that much!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009 - 4:42

Sprutastic!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009 - 21:12

Great job on the building! Excellent use of sprue, *wanders off contimplating*
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 18:33

That's awesome! Way to finally find a good use for all that extra sprue. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009 - 20:49

Aye, there is hope for all that extra plastic Very Happy

this gives me insentive to create something awsome!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcaeus' scenery projects.   Alcaeus' scenery projects. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alcaeus' scenery projects.
Page 1 of 1