Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wylfredo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Wylfredo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB   Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Icon_minitimeWed 20 Sep 2023 - 13:08

Hi!! We are running a BTB Campaing, and some warband have achieved the Chaos Dragon Hunt map, so the rules are not rlly clear.

That means they can auto choose and force someone to play that scenario or you need to get the D6 result in the Progress Table that makes you decide so can play that scenario?
And what happens when a few players got the map, they play together that scenario?
Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Screen11
Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Screen12
Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Screen13
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB   Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Icon_minitimeWed 20 Sep 2023 - 14:01

Hi Wylfredo, thanks for posting the relevant rules snippets here already. That makes it much easier.

So, the map basically unlocks the new scenario option for that player whenever they get to choose a scenario. That means, once a player gets to choose a scenario (1-2 or 4+ on the progress table) if that player has the map, they may choose that scenario in addition to the common scenarios.

If you have a gaming group with 4+ players and you are running games in parallel, and if there are 2+ games where players get to choose a scenario and they also have the option to choose the dragon hunt, and both want to play that game, then you will have to roll a die to determine which players gets to play the game first. You couldn't be playing the scenario in parallel games.

I would think about allowing the second group to play the scenario afterwards if the first one fails to retrieve the item. If you are strict though, with the number of games being played and all, I would handle it like this:

1. All parallel games, determines the players and scenarios as usual.
2. If two or more players want to choose a special scenario that can/should not be run in parallel (I'd have to look up which ones this would include), then these players roll dice to determine in which order they get to pick the scenarios.
3. Play the games.

That means, if you lose your die roll and cannot play the scenario since others are playing it already. You may need to wait for another chance to pick the scenario later if the artifact was not retrieved.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Wylfredo
Youngblood
Youngblood
Wylfredo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB   Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Icon_minitimeWed 20 Sep 2023 - 14:11

Thanks! Its seems pretty solid for me, but one suggestion about parallel games.

Chaos Dragon Hunt could be played like a multiplayer scenario like some warbands meets at the same place thanks to the mĂșltiple map.

Could be reasonable if 4 warbands play the same match figthing each other while the try to get to the Dragons lair?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB   Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Icon_minitimeWed 20 Sep 2023 - 16:02

Hmm.. this is indeed tricky. The question is how you would select multiple players in the case of multiplayer scenarios. Can a player choose to play e.g. against only 2 specific other warbands and ignore certain other warbands/players? A fully fledged multiplayer-compatible tournament-worthy rules set would be rather complicated ... 🙃

In my previous comment I was only thinking of handling the scenario as if it was a 2-player scenario. So my idea would be: if a player chooses to play this specific scenario, and since it is a special scenario which can handle multiple warbands, all other players should be invited to join the game.

Unfortunately I can immediately think of various "edge cases" that could be brought up... what if the group consists of 10 warbands? That would be too many, so how do you select participants? Should the selecting player be allowed to select the warbands in order to "avoid" certain opponents? At some point you just have to accept the fact, there are no rock-solid rules for handling this and come to a solution. It does sound like an interesting challenge to define this properly, though ... 🤔
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB   Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Dragon Hunt Scenario BTB
Page 1 of 1