Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

MedMos Mordheim Meanderings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

Trading Reputation : 0

MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Empty
PostSubject: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeMon 8 May 2023 - 17:23

Hello all, I decided to get into Mordheim. I already have some miniatures for a Vampire warband, as i played VC in WHFB. But now I bought stuff for converting a few new warbands! I got the Victrix Vikings and a box of Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago crewmen, plus a few bits from my FLGS.

The plan is thus: 1st Pirate themed Marienburger warband
2nd Witch Hunters warband
3rd Viking themed Middenheimers warband

I also need to get started on some terrain. All in due time! I cracked the tools and glue out and quickly bashed out these two guys:
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings 5BVpu2im
They're supposed to be a Champion with two swords and a Youngblood with a counts as Halberd.
Full disclosure: I've never built a Mordheim list, so I'm just starting out with what I felt like building. I should probably try and build an actual list at some point soon...
Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeFri 19 May 2023 - 20:16

I managed to build a little bit more, and base them properly! Start of my crew, ready for primer.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings IlNJllBm
Looking forward to putting some paint on, but I might build a little more before I start painting...

Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeMon 22 May 2023 - 15:16

You are off to a SPLENDID start! The new Pirate Lads & Lass look terrific. Have FUN with it all! What a Face

MedMos likes this post

Back to top Go down
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:05

I was distracted by other projects, but I finally managed to finish my first pirate! A few other are fairly close as well, but this is the first finished model for my Marienburgers. I'm not the cleanest of painters, but she looks good on the table. Wink
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings HPenJwS
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings I2Vi7Iw

Others to follow shortly, I hope...

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jul 2023 - 11:35

NICELY DONE! The skirt is particularly striking...good work with the shading. thumbsup

MedMos likes this post

Back to top Go down
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jul 2023 - 8:52

Thanks, @DeafNala! I finished a few more this morning.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings DIh7DeQmMedMos Mordheim Meanderings J2TxZ38m
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings NbLeVTxmMedMos Mordheim Meanderings Ze9MyhXm
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings 9ijhfUQmMedMos Mordheim Meanderings 5FBygtLm
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings IIYNFLTmMedMos Mordheim Meanderings AsKS0Mkm

And a group shot of my crew so far.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings TXnU5V4m
I reckon that's about a third of the way to a skeleton crew... Back to building!

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jul 2023 - 14:44

The Pirate Lads look SPLENDID. You have a touch of the Barbary Coast in the group. GREAT WORK!! thumbsup

MedMos likes this post

Back to top Go down
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jul 2023 - 14:53

Thanks again, @DeafNala! I'm doing a variety of styles (is the plan, anyway), to make them look like a mottled crew come together under their captain. I'm not well versed in Mordheim (and connected) lore, but hope to become more learned as I progress.
Back to top Go down
MedMos
Hero
Hero
MedMos

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitimeWed 27 Sep 2023 - 18:39

Hello all, long time no post. I got caught up in work and a large hobby project (for me), but more about that in a second.
First, I made a few more pirates for my crew. Here they are primed, and that is as far as they've gone as of yet.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings YGrZCkA

Because that is when I got distracted by a different project, which I thought I'd share as well. I'm on yaktribe, a Necromunda focused forum, and they run competitions. I often enter, but this time I did something more fantasy, hence why I think you might appreciate it here as well. The theme was "Musical interlude", where you pick a song and model something inspired by it. I chose Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin, and set out to make a viking warband on a boat, seeing as I had all them Victrix vikings available. I guess I'll just photo bomb my progress.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings H488XGI
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings 1b9N1jE
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings 9u82mRO
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings OJvMbmO
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings 4JpaBWE
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings OxuhOuA
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings QwX8ilR
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Fcf8qYw
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings EXYiF0z

I managed to finish on time, and here is the finished project.
MedMos Mordheim Meanderings QQ5Umyd
I'm planning to use them for Frostgrave, as a viking themed warband with a shaman-like leader, but more than a fewof them might also see duty in my planned viking-themed Middenheimer warband. I hope you like them!

DeafNala likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MedMos Mordheim Meanderings   MedMos Mordheim Meanderings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MedMos Mordheim Meanderings
Page 1 of 1