Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Empty
PostSubject: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2021 - 20:02

A few days ago, I played my first skirmish in Warheim FS as part of our local campaign. I led the Vampire Strigoi and his entourage into battle, who, among the buildings of the Teufelsberg village, faced the Ostlanders, led by Maciek.
With 500 gold crowns, I decided to recruit a set of heroes into the ranks of the company: Vampire Strigoi, Necromancer (equipped with a crossbow and a spell that allows you to summon K3 Zombies), Ghast and two Dregs (armed with spears and bucklers, and supporters in the form of Skeletons (in the role of standar banner & musician) and Zombies and Ghouls were paired, which gave a total of 11 models.
On the other hand, the Ostlanders, apart from a set of heroes, also consisted of a Hunter and a group of Spear-armed Soldiers, which gave a total of 15 characters and 3 Wolves summoned with the spell.
According to the guidelines of the campaign coordinator, we were the first to play the Skirmish scenario, which is the simplest scenario and consists in breaking out of the opposing teams.
After setting up the terrain and determining the order in which the turns were played, we started the game. During the game, limited by the low speed of the Zombies and the effective dispersion of the charm by the Ostlanders, allowing you to make an additional move, I decided to divide the company into two divisions. The first one composed of a Necromancer, Dregs and three summoned Zombies followed the left side of the hill, while the Strigoi, Ghouls and Skeletons, having a higher speed, moved from the right side of the hill, a slightly longer road, but allowing to attack the cautious Ostlanders from the flank.
Maciek carefully moved his warriors towards the undead, while using the high speed of the summoned Wolves, he sent the animals to the left side of the table and attacked the first of my groups. And although the Necromancer did not manage to shoot any of the charging Wolves with a crossbow, the Dregs, armed with spears and bucklers, not only repulsed the animal attacks, but also quickly took the Wolves out of the game.
At the same time, the Zombie managed to bind several Ostlanders in hand-to-hand combat, and one of the undead was quickly defeated. The necromancer tried to help the fighting Zombies and summoned two more undead buried underground, which he managed halfway through. Unfortunately, staying some distance from the commander, he could not take advantage of the Vampire's leadership qualities.
On the other side of the hill, the Strigoi and the Ghouls boldly began to deal with the Ostlanders. Well-played charges allowed the Vampire to eliminate both the Captain armed with a dueling pistol and the Sergeant wearing heavy armor and wielding a great weapon from the fight. The risk paid off, because the Strigoi Vampire, exposed to the attack of the Spear-armed Soldiers, not only successfully discouraged people from the charge with fear, and those who dared to stand with him wounded and fell to the ground, and effectively regenerated the wounds received. In the end, the ghouls had to come to the rescue of the vampire, because the enemies were so swarming that the Strigoi could not keep up with finishing the stunned enemies.
The decimated people finally surrendered the fields and, led by the two surviving Ostland slave traders, fled the fields.
During the game, we randomized a few random events, because we played on a village table, we randomly selected from the table of events outside the walls, obtaining results indicating a swamp, strong wind and vermin, but the events had virtually no impact on the game.
From the charms cast by the Vampire Strigoi, I successfully managed to use only the iron claws that worked for the 1st round and, combined with the critical injury, which I had quite a lot in this fight, to Maciek's misfortune, allowed me to quickly exclude the heavy Sergeant from the fight.
Unfortunately, also none of the summoned Wolves shared the Loot after being taken out of action!
In the sequence after the skirmish, I drew a wrecked carriage, robbed the enemy Sergeant's inventory, which, after selling the loot, allowed me to recruit two more Ghouls and one Zombie.
Maciek did not get too many golden crowns, but he had quite successful throws on the serious injuries table and, apart from the Captain's injured hand and the robbed Sergeant, he did not suffer any loss of life.
After the end of the skirmish sequence, the number of models in the company increased to 14 characters, the equipment did not change, and the current prestige of the company is 147 points, with the initial 116 points.

[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders NUfiTQ
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders OcnxwH
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders IwZIGe
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders H4D4yI
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders NUYfVD
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders OZxDRT
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders CyW4hF
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders ZLkk50
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders UCDoMd
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Ui2ewN
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders IJjwlL
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders QFBsYA
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders CsGpGs
Back to top Go down
http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2021 - 21:08

OUTSTANDING! That is a SPLENDIDLY documented battle. BEAUTIFUL STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2021 - 10:47

Battle Report: Strigoi vs Dwarven Brewers Company.

On August 12, 2021 in Katowice, at the Inny Wymiar Game Center, I played the second match as part of the Warheim FS - Silesiaheim campaign. As you already know, I am in charge of the Strigoi, which, among the buildings of the Teufelsberg village, encountered the Company of Dwarven Brewers, commanded by the second of the Maciek players in the campaign.

As I wrote in the previous report, I recruited additional Zombies and two Ghouls after the last skirmish. And to all readers concerned about my recent success, I would like to reassure you, the dice are fine and it is as usual again.

In line with Bahior's guidelines from The Dark Oak blog, which moderates the campaign on the Warheim FS Forum, we were the second to play the Ruin scenario, which, to put it simply, consists in acquiring valuables scattered among the ruins.

After placing the mockups, we randomly selected 5 treasure markers, which we also placed on the battlefield. Then we agreed the order of playing turns and started the game.

And although at first it might have seemed that the Dwarf Brewers' Company was doomed to failure due to its slow speed, it soon turned out that luck favors the bearded men, and Maciek kept attacking me with random happenings.

Most of the game consisted of trying to pick up valuables, because it was enough to get 3 out of 5 to win the skirmish. Pretty soon each team managed to pick up 2 markers and the race for the last one started. The race, we played in the rain of fish, a random event, unlike the weather-insensitive Dwarves, effectively slowed down the living heroes of my team. Preventing you from reaching the last of your valuables on time.

In addition, the Brewers were saved at the last minute by another random event, because Maciek randomly selected screaming walls that decided to appear near my Ghast and the Ghouls accompanying him, and because they are not the bravest and most punitive of Strigoj's subordinates, all five quickly became OOA , including Ghast, who even briefly had one of his treasure markers.

And it was this marker dropped by Ghast that turned out to be a scales tongue. And even the Strigoi charge, which rushed at breakneck speed from the other end of the battlefield, even the blows inflicted by the Zombies and the Skeletons did not allow him to win, because the Dwarves with their habits began to defend the obstacle covering the valuables marker and, also with their own custom, even pierced by the iron claws of the Strigoi not so much. they wanted to die.

In the end, the Brewer managed to pick up the 3 marker for his Company, and the game ended with the Dwarves' victory.

The most important throws in the post-skirmish sequence, ie throws on the serious damage table, turned out to be not too bad. Ghast licked his wounds, though OOA! he earned 3 Insanity Points, and out of the 4 Ghouls only one died. Profit from selling loot! allowed me to recruit one Ghoul and for over 40 GC, damned taxes !, to buy two medium armor for the Dregs.

After the second skirmish, all characters gaining experience also advanced to the next levels, and the Necromancer even learned another spell.

After the end of the skirmish sequence, the number of models in the company is 14 characters, and the current prestige of the company is 160 points, with the initial one being 116.

[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders BBtBo9
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders TYxz5k
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders 60w7M9
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders 5aWisu
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Vt7vPX
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders IqD4p1
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders JgwDBg
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders I2jXmD
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders QFGPvh
[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders LFTBTc
Back to top Go down
http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2021 - 12:49

Nice to read and I sure love to see the photos of your table!
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2021 - 13:09

That table is fantastic! Perfect for the wilder fringes of the empire.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug 2021 - 14:00

OUTSTANDING! That is a GLORIOUS battle report. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders   [Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Warheim FS] Strigoi vs Ostlanders
Page 1 of 1