Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Anyone use this Strigoi list?

Go down 
+4
Von Kurst
Goglutin
folketsfiende
gorenut
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Anyone use this Strigoi list? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 6 Feb 2013 - 20:13

Been out for a while and thinking of getting back in. Glad to see this forum still active.

Anyone try the Strigoi list here:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_ZjYwUXpNbXZvSXM/edit?pli=1&docId=0B18J5DU-6cP_X0lVUF90b0NuLW8

Curious on how it plays, if its overpowered, etc.

UPDATE: I'm interested in this list too:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_WWhzRVlKdndXbmM/edit

Seems more balanced since its moreso an amendment to the vanilla Undead list.

Last edited by gorenut on Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 8:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2013 - 14:53

Your link is not working correctly (it leads to an alternate Lizardmen warband, it seems). I have played the Karak Azgal Strigoi warband a little, which seems pretty balanced to me, at least. They've got an edge in the early campaign, but are comparably weaker in the long run.
Hopefully, this link will work: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_UHVaaUhtVk5jRlU/edit
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:40

Lets try this again.. maybe this link will work:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_bmlNaFFISnpJMWc/edit
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 1:12

It seems pretty balanced to me. I never played it tough...

I only have something against the bats. Their 2 Wounds, their flyer ability and Sonic ability make them too cheap for 40 gold. Also, Flyers have always been a troublemaking arguing source in the game.

Also, Echo-location do not permit bats to see through walls... so the sonic ability doesn't make any sense to me. (Google bat Echo-location).

Personnaly, I see two ways to fix the problem.

1 - Give them a single wound and remove the Sonic ability. Keep the 40 GC cost (their flyer ability worth it).

OR

2 - Remove the Sonic ability and increase their cost to 75 GC. Having a two wounds flyers like that should be expensive.

This looks like an interesting warband to play...
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 1:22

I'd probably just place dire wolves in there instead. I already have the models anyways.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 1:26

I also have an itch against the CURE OF THORNS spells... it seems really too powerful.

Just imagine you have 3 character stunned/knocked down and that you're facing High wounds ennemies (Trolls, Ogre...) It just seem pretty unfair to Stun a 3 wound ennemy without a chance for him to escape while you raise up your warriors...
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 1:29

Yea, the Undead lists seem to have trouble balancing their spell casters. The vanilla Necromancer in the original book is kinda lame overall. This one does seem like theres potential for abuse.
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 2:30

Well, the one from the basic rulebook is balanced .. some are powerful but really hard to cast while others are less potent but easy to cast... its a good spell list.

With all the skills and equipment that help a caster to pass his difficulty rolls this make the list interesting... tough not as powerful as the supposed ''lesser'' magic ( Arrow of Arhana and Sword of Rhezebel are monstrous spells) or the magic of the Horned rat (Warpfire)...
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 2:31

Out topic question... Could you check my latest post (about mounted warriors.. I just made it) and tell me your opinion ?

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb 2013 - 4:59

This list seems a bit out there. Taking the witch's spell list and giving it to a hero who doesn't have the witch's limitations is not a good idea. Tried that, it was wack. Add that Thorns spell and YIKE!

The warband may be OK against other warbands from its setting, but let loose against rulebook warbands its broke.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb 2013 - 22:57

I'm thinking of just using the Strigoi vampire in the normal Undead warband list. What do you guys think about that? Seems pretty fair right? Although I do like the Strigoi's list of having more living models. The concept of Strigany traveling around and protecting their dark master has always intrigued me since Vampire Count list had actual bloodlines.. also zombies always seem kinda rubbish in Mordheim, especially due to them not having some EFFECTIVE form of replenishment that doesn't cost GCs (spell is really short range and only revives fallen ones).
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 11:28

If you get lucky Werekin might come on and give you a try of his new Strigany river pirates warband created for Mutiny in Marienburg.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 19:17

Actually ran into this as well. I think I might actually like this better rather than having a whole new list.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb 2013 - 21:12

The Sylvanian one is okay. I played it alot last summer and it was quite fair against Necrarch, orks and Chaos Dwarfs. I played with a merchant theme and did not use the bats. Got quite rich Smile

The list Werekin has made is ace! Don't wanna give any spoilers but if Mutiny in Marienburg is as good as it seems we are definitely in for a treat!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 1:39

Strigany fun to be had by all on the waterways...

In our campaign, geekgirl has finally shelled out for the golem to protect her caravanners! Her animated construct is covered in flotsam but check out the link above as a source for some inspiring necromancy and 'supernatural' clay working.

We have a campaign plot where the Achievements allow for a Strigoi vampire to make surprise appearances in battles. Michelle calls his 'gramp vamp'.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 7:17

Thanks Werekin, will do.

gorenut wrote:
Actually ran into this as well. I think I might actually like this better rather than having a whole new list.

Anyone have any opinions on this Strigoi list? Its moreso an amendment to the original Undead list.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 21:48

All I'm seeing is a blank screen for the document!
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 22:05

It works on my phone at least.

Seems more like a flavour addon for vampires since they get some shiny new skills. The poor necrarch seems to suffer the worst of it and the strigoi is a close second.

is there no love for the ugly vampires?

Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 23:30

Alex wrote:
It works on my phone at least.

Seems more like a flavour addon for vampires since they get some shiny new skills. The poor necrarch seems to suffer the worst of it and the strigoi is a close second.

is there no love for the ugly vampires?

I think the Strigoi one is flavorful. Doesn't even seem too much of a disadvantage. Sure he can't take gear.. but you get to start off with a Ghoul hero which everyone has already acknowledged is a great hero to have. Ghouls themselves are also 5 pts cheaper, but I guess thats kind of balanced out with the Necro and Dregs costing 10 pts more and not being able to hire any mercs. Bloodline powers themselves are quite fluffy and kind of make up for lack of equipment.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 23:32

werekin wrote:
All I'm seeing is a blank screen for the document!

I'll just paste it here (I'll even add my own swords as dividers to make it easier between bloodlines:)):

Von Carstein
Vampires of the von Carstein bloodline are the original aristocracy of the night. These monsters are the
most prevalent Vampires within the borders of the Empire. Most Vampires of this bloodline can be found
in the dark County of Sylvania where it is reputed the Elector Count himself is their ancient and inhuman
leader. Vampires of the von Carstein line are renowned as haughty, foppish even, with expensive tastes and
impeccable manners but they are utterly ruthless predator nonetheless. Von Carsteins occasionally have
dealings with the Vampires of other clans; the Necrarchs whose knowledge in the dark arts they covert and
Blood Dragons whose martial skills they admire. They are deeply suspicious of the sisterhood of Lahmians
and hold the Strigoi with deep contempt and will hunt them down if they are found within the borders of their
lands.

• These use the standard Undead warband in the Mordheim rulebook

oxxxxxxxxx{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Blood Dragon
The Blood Dragon Vampires are reputedly descended from the great warrior of old, Abhorash, Lord of Blood.
Above all Vampires these are by far the most honourable and perhaps the most in touch with their human
past. They are renowned as exceptional warriors and fight with astonishing bravery and chivalry. Blood Dragon
Vampires are rare in the Empire with most of their number hailing from Bretonnia and the near mythical
Blood Keep, said to be located somewhere in the Grey Mountains. Blood Dragons have very little to do with
the Vampires of other clans as they remain disinterested in their political squabblings and power games.

• Martial Prowess: Blood Dragon Vampires start with +2 Weapon Skill.
• Eternally Brave: Blood Dragon Vampires may re-roll the first failed Rout test (if the Vampire is not out of
action).
• Honour: Blood Dragon Vampires may not attempt to break away from combat or Voluntarily Rout (if the
Vampire is not out of action).
• Warrior Code: Blood Dragon Vampires cannot use Magic (even with the Book of the Dead from TC
#11).
• Men-at-arms: Dregs start with +1 Weapon Skill.

Necrarch
The dreaded Necrarchs are twisted and evil and more so than any other Vampires they resemble the dead with
an emaciated, cadaverous appearance. Necrarchs are incomprehensible even to their own Undead brethren and
most seem utterly insane. Their madness is tempered by their undeniable genius and mastery of necromantic
magic. Whereas the Vampires of other bloodlines seek dominion over the realms of men the Necrarchs aspire
to see the end of all living things such is their hatred for all. Necrarchs are by nature loners, and often live deep
underground or in isolated towers where they can practice their foul magics without interruption. Occasionally,
however, they emerge from their dark places in the world to gather new victims, lore and of course Wyrdstone
for their experiments. Necrarch vampires have a barely contained dislike for their kin of the other clans but will
deal with them on occasion when it is to their benefit to do so.

• Poor warrior: Necrarch Vampires start with -2 Weapon Skill, may only be armed with a single-handed
dagger, sword, axe or mace and cannot take Strength Skills.
• Necromantic Lore: The Necrarch starts the game as a Wizard in exactly the same way as the Necromancer.
• Loathes the Living: May not hire any Hired Swords.

Lahmia
Of all Vampires, the Lahmian sisterhood follows the culture and practice of the ancient days most closely. The
Lahmian Bloodline differs from the other Vampire clans in that it is made up of almost exclusively all females.
This sisterhood is renowned for choosing only the most beautiful of mortals to join their ranks. They are led by
the original queen of darkness herself, Neferata, of the Cult of Blood who dwells somewhere in the northern
reaches of the Worlds Edge Mountains in a place called the Silver Pinnacle. Stories of the palace of the Nights
Queen have been told for centuries, and can be found in the ballads of Bretonnia, the writings of the Empire
and the poems of Tilea. The Lahmians compete with the Von Carsteins in their plot to wrestle control of
the world of men although they are far subtler in their methods, preferring to infiltrate the upper echelons
of society than using force of arms. They have a great talent for art and statesmanship and their powerful
personalities hold an irresistible charm for mortals. The Lahmian sisterhood will always attempt to manipulate
Vampires of the other families to their own ends.

• Poor warrior: Lahmian Vampires start with -1 Weapon Skill and cannot wear Heavy armour, and may only
be armed with a single-handed dagger, sword, axe or mace.
• Enchanting Beauty: -1 to any living opponent’s Leadership while in base contact with Vampire (note: this
has no effect against the Undead or Daemons).
• Unnatural Speed: Lahmian Vampires start with +2 to Initiative.

Strigoi
The Vampires of the Strigoi are known as the Cursed Ones and are generally reviled amongst their own
kind. Long ago in this bloodline’s history the father of these Vampires was cursed by the other Vampires and
since then an unending hatred has existed between them. Strigoi Vampires are little more than beasts – huge,
hulking, hate-filled monstrosities. Often these solitary creatures make graveyards and cemeteries their homes
where packs of flesh-eating Ghouls form grotesque courts around them. Most of them have to some degree
lost their minds but they still possess the innate powers of the vampire and can command the living dead. The
Strigoi sit and brood and contemplate a time when they overthrow the world of men and destroy their kin of
the other clans utterly.

• Bestial: Strigoi Vampires start with +1 Attack but cannot use any Items or Equipment.
• Hatred: Strigoi Vampires suffer Hatred of all living things.
• Ghoul King: Strigoi Vampires may hire up to one Ghast at 50 gc (counts as a Ghoul hero that starts with 0
exp.). Ghoul Henchmen cost 5 gc less to hire.
• Reviled: Strigoi Vampires hire Necromancers and Dregs at +10 gc to hire.
• Feared: Strigoi Vampires may not hire any Hired Swords.

Von Carstein Bloodline Powers

Transfix
The Vampire can befuddle the weak-minded with just a stare of his piercing eyes.
Once each turn one enemy in base contact must make a Leadership test against his base Leadership
(cannot use the Leaders). If he fails he cannot attack and all attacks directed against him automatically
hit this turn. Does not affect those immune to psychology, the Undead or Daemons.

Aura of Majesty
The von Carsteins are the most authoritative of Vampires, the best generals among their kind.
The Vampire increases the range to use his Leadership by 6” and may re-roll the first failed Rout Test
(if he has not been taken out of action).

Summon Bats
The Vampire produces a bestial howl that awakens dark creatures and beckons them to his aid.
Once per game the Vampire can summon 1D3 Fell Bats, which are deployed with 6” of the Vampire.
Treat this power like a spell with a casting difficulty of Auto. Follow the special rules for Fell Bats
below.

Call Winds
The anger of a von Carstein is so powerful that even the sky reflects it.
Once per game at the beginning of his Shooting Phase, if he is not in close combat, the Vampire may
attempt to summon a storm. Treat this like a spell, thus the Vampire may not shoot during this phase.
Roll 1D6: on a 1 nothing happens but on a 2-6 he successfully summons a powerful storm that lasts
until the beginning of his next turn. All shooting is at -1 to hit and no model may fly (they must use
their ground movement). The Storm immediately ends if the Vampire takes a Wound, is Knocked Down
or taken Out of Action or if he is engaged in close combat.

Blood Dragon Bloodline Powers

Red Fury
The Vampire enters battle with a savage and unstoppable bloodlust.
The Vampire has +1 Attack (this does not count toward his Maximum).

Blade Master
Superbly trained by some of the best swordsmen throughout history the Vampire can easily turn aside the blows of his
enemies.
The Vampire needs only to tie the roll ‘to hit’ in order to parry (this means he can parry a roll of 6). He
can also re-roll a failed parry (but cannot re-roll a re-roll, nor can he parry more than one attack).

Heart Piercing
Using a combination of strength and speed the Vampire can easily find a gap in his opponent’s defences.
The Vampire may re-roll missed attacks when charging.

Strength of Steel
Such is the Vampire’s martial prowess that he is able to strike at the precise moment when it will cause most damage.
The Vampire has +1 Strength (this does not count toward his maximum) in the turn he charges.

Necrarch Bloodline Powers

Nehekhara’s Noble Blood
The Vampire has created such a stash of necromantic lore over the centuries that he is incredibly learned in the dark
arts.
The Vampire is a powerful Wizard and may choose an additional spell, and all his spells are at a +1 to
cast (which does add with the Sorcery skill).

Unholy Cynosure
The Necrarch can focus his power into a different plane to foresee the future and change the present.
Once per game the Vampire may re-roll one failed spell.

The Awakening
The Vampire can sense the remains of long-dead warriors and awaken them to bolster his unholy ranks.
The Vampire may cast the spell Re-Animation once per turn in addition to any other spell he uses, also
once per game (instead of casting any spells) he may summon D3 Zombies that appear within 6” of
him just as if he cast Re-Animation. The Zombies are lost after the game and do not count toward the
maximum number on the warband.

Master of the Black Arts
So ancient is this Vampire that he is a dark master of the necromantic arts.
The Vampire adds 6” to the range of spells that he casts. This Power only works on spells that have
range.

Lahmia Bloodline Powers:

Beguile
The Lahmian is such an enchanting beauty that her foes find it difficult to raise a weapon against her.
Once each turn one enemy in base contact must make a Leadership test against his base Leadership
(cannot use the Leaders). If he fails he cannot attack the Vampire (but anyone else is fair game). Does
not affect those immune to psychology, the Undead or Daemons.

Transfix
The Vampire is so beautiful that a mortal’s will to fight immediately disappears before her.
(cannot use the Leaders). If he fails he cannot attack and all attacks directed against him automatically
hit this turn. Does not affect those immune to psychology, the Undead or Daemons.

Seduction
How can a mortal resist the lure of a creature that has preyed on the warm blood of men for countless centuries?
On each of the Vampire’s turns one male enemy in base contact must make a Leadership test against
his base Leadership (cannot use the Leaders). If he fails, he immediately becomes controlled by the
Vampire (may move and attack etc.). Any attacks by the Vampire’s warband hit automatically but
control immediately returns to the original player. Make a Leadership test at the beginning of each
turn to see if the warrior regains control. The Vampire can only control one warrior at a time. Does
not affect those immune to psychology, the Undead, Daemons or warriors suffering form Stupidity.

Innocence Lost
These deceptive creatures look so innocent and vulnerable that enemies will lower their defences.
The Vampire always attacks first in close combat (even if standing up from a knocked down result or
attacking enemy armed with spears).

Strigoi Bloodline Powers:

Curse of the Revenant

So strong is the creature’s desire for eternal life that it can survive even the most appalling wounds.
The Vampire has Regeneration ability. For any wound that is not saved the Vampire rolls 1D6, on a 4+
the wound is regenerated (negated). This power is ignored if the attack was caused by fire damage or
Blessed Water (or anything else applicable).

Massive Monstrosity
The Vampire is simply gigantic!
The Vampire has +1 Wound (this does not count toward his maximum).

Iron Sinews
The Vampire is a beast of pure muscular power.
The Vampire has +1 Strength (this does not count toward his maximum).

Infinite Hatred
The Strigoi know no love, shunned by all, they brood in their solitude vowing death upon all they meet.
The Vampire re-rolls all missed attacks (remember that you cannot re-roll a re-roll).

Fell Bats
Also known as Vampire bats, the blood drinking bats of Sylvania grow to monstrous proportions. They are
nightmarish predators of the dark, silent and deadly. They exist solely on the blood of the living, that of men
being their favourite. Scholars of the Old World speculate that perhaps the ancestors of these beasts drank the
blood of a Vampire and thus became cursed.

These can only be obtained through the Bloodline Power Summon Bats.

Fell Bat

M

WS

BS

S

T

W

I

A

Ld

Fell Bats are Undead so all rules that apply to the Undead apply to Fell Bats.
Cause Fear, Immune to Psychology, May not Run, Immune to Poison.
Furthermore the following rules apply to Fell Bats:

Animal: Fell Bats are treated as animals and therefore cannot use, hold, or pick up any Items, Equipment,
Wyrdstone Counters etc.

Fly: Fell Bats fly, which means that they may move 20” in any direction ignoring terrain. They can fly into
or out of buildings and may only charge models they can see, however Fell Bats do not have to check for I
when moving up or down Buildings (however they cannot make a diving charge). Furthermore if the Fell Bats
lose their last wound it plummets to the ground and is easily finished off. Do not roll for injury, they are
automatically taken out of action, when they lose their last wound.

Bound Creature: Fell Bats are bound to the Vampire that called them. This means that if the Fell Bats end
any turn more than 6” away from the Vampire, and are not in close combat, they will leave play (this range
is extended to 12” if the Vampire has the Aura of Majesty Bloodline Power). This also means that if close
combat ends and the Fell Bats are outside this range they immediately leave. Furthermore if the Vampire is
taken out of action then the Fell Bats also leave play.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 23:47

Only thing I dislike about these rules is they seem to be unclear.. but only to folks who are obsessed with rules lawyering.

For example.. it notes that Strigoi may not have any equipment... so if you were to be a Nazi about it.. he'd strike as bare fisted. However, with all the fluff, etc.. my guess is Strigoi counts as having claws which strike as normal with no penalties or bonuses (other than his strength bonus).

The one thing I am confused with though.. it notes you can take a Ghast.. which essentially treats as a Ghoul hero with zero XP. Not sure if this just means take a standard Ghoul as-is except he gains XP as a hero.. or if you start him off doing the bonus roll for "Lad's Got Talent" getting the bonus for his promotion.

What do you guys think as far as balance, fluff, and my rules questions?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Feb 2013 - 23:55

I would say that it is a Ghoul hero but no advancment with it as it states starts with 0xp.

as to the Strigoi and no equipment. I think this is meant to be no weapons or armour as the reading of it means no special equipment ether and I think that was not the intent but if it was I would say makes the Strigoi vampire (and thus warband) vary under powered as you now have a hero that can't get any good equipment (Tarot cards, lucky charm, holy artifact, ext).
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 0:33

So you think maybe special equipment allowed on the Strigoi would make it more balanced? I mean, I totally get no special weapons and armor at all.. but even in the Vampire Count book in Warhammer.. Strigoi were allowed to use magical items. They're not completely mindless animals afterall and even in the fluff many of them wear ancient relics that they greatly treasure.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 5:03

That's my point. The way the rules read is that even a Lucky Charm is out but I don't think that is the intent at all.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 5:05

Pervavita wrote:
That's my point. The way the rules read is that even a Lucky Charm is out but I don't think that is the intent at all.

Lets say the rules are amended or clarified so that the vampire can get items other than weapons or armor, how do you think the list would do as far as balance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone use this Strigoi list?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next