Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.

Go down 
+5
Grimscull
DeafNala
PJB
Codsticker
Tagnator
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 11:33

Well just a small update Smile I've been pretty busy with building some more hills, but next to that I've been working on another building for our table! I just completed building it today and it will be painted soon! Smile Thought it would be nice to share it with you guys, so here it is!

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_14
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_15
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_16

I really wanted to add some of the awkward architecture the Empire tends to have, so that's why I added that small tower next to the building Smile. I just found out that I forgot to make an entrance to it.. I guess I would have been an excellent architect in the Empire, haha... scratch It probably just shows off wealth instead of having a proper function lol!

Well untill next time! Hope to have some more things done soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 13:21

That is a SPLENDID little townhouse. I love the corner turret; re, it gives the ruin character. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 16:39

Wonderful building Tagnator, great texture on the daub walls.
Tagnator wrote:

I really wanted to add some of the awkward architecture the Empire tends to have, so that's why I added that small tower next to the building Smile.... It probably just shows off wealth instead of having a proper function lol!
That is an excellent philosophy when making buildings for Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
robh
Knight
Knight
robh

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2020 - 17:12

Nice one. Small in footprint but big in character, ideal for a Mordheim game.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2020 - 15:46

Thanks everyone Smile Glad you liked it! I just finished painting it and I'm pretty pleased how it turned out. I tried to add some fire damage on it and some more different tones of grey to add a bit of variety into it Smile Just need to base it and put some varnish on it and it will be ready for the table!

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_17
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_18
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 House_19

I want to make one more ruin and then go on with building some not destructed houses, haha Smile Hope you all like it!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2020 - 16:37

That is a gem. Your color choices are BEAUTIFUL. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2020 - 16:48

Good stuff Tagnator.
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2020 - 20:48

Thats a nice one. U getting close to a small village!!!
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2020 - 11:09

Thank you guys! Smile Glad you like it! Currently basing it and then I will continue with some other work soon!
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2020 - 11:40

Hey all! I finished another Hill today and tried to blend in some green turf with the brown sand. I think it looks nice, as it makes the hill a little less bland.

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Hill_310

I think I will be going for this look from now on! Smile Off to build some more hills and add some trees, as the Grand Barony of Hochland is described as a 'Dense forested land', haha!
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2020 - 12:35

Nice!!!! Like ur hills. Maybe i should also give a try to some hills.

Maybe its time for a pic of all terrain u done by now?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2020 - 14:20

The hills look TERRIFIC...very games worthy. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2020 - 16:19

I like the blended edges Tagnator; it looks very natural but still easy to place minis on.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2020 - 22:22

Thanks everybody, I'm glad you all like it Smile ! During the past few days I've been busy with building some forest terrain to add to the collection Smile

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_10
The forest pieces togheter.
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_11
A close up of some of the basing.
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_12
A close up of one of the pieces.

I'm quite happy how they turned out, especially the basing! The MDF didn't warp alot so that was great Smile ! Not really sure about the trees tho... Might spray paint them in another green colour as I'm not really fond of the mint green Flock look yet.. They're actually the cheap Ziterdes trees but they've changed the flocking from what it used to be. 2 years ago they had a more Olive / Army green tint without the different tones of green in them, so I was actually expecting that when I ordered them a while ago...

Also as requested, a picture of all the terrain togheter so far! Smile I don't have a proper board yet so I had to place them on the couch to make it all fit in a picture, haha!

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Terrai11

Will be building some more scatter pieces soon! I have to find some storage room tho scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2020 - 22:38

That is a SPLENDID looking array of gaming terrain. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2020 - 14:37

Glad you like it Deafnala Smile Took some work, but it's cool to see everything coming togheter!

I tried painting the trees today and I'm really happy how they turned out! I used an 'Deep Olive Green' spray can from Amsterdam Talens and I love the way the trees look now!

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_13
The painted test piece in 'Deep Olive Green'.
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_14
A comparison: On the left the newly painted tree and on the right how they used to be.

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Trees_15
A close up of the flocking how it used to be, as you might see, the bristles are showing quite a bit here and there and there are different tones of green flocking.

I wasn't that happy with the trees how they were, as the bristles were showing trough and I didn't like the colour overall. So now I have to spray paint the rest of them lol! But then I will have trees I like, which is pretty nice afterall Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2020 - 15:04

The trees look good. You have greater contrast & a more pleasant color now that you have painted them. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2020 - 16:20

That's a nice looking northern village. It could be useful in all sorts of settings not just Mordheim. The new colour of the trees is a big improvement.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2020 - 16:29

Thanks guys! Smile I'm happy to hear you guys also think the trees are better this way! I was really having doubts yesterday if I liked them or not how they were. I mean they're really cheap, it's like 11,- euros for 10 trees so I couldn't be too critic about it.. yet I didn't really like them how they were. I might look into making my own trees some day tho, but this speeds things up for now so we can start after all the lockdowns are over Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr 2020 - 17:39

Ooh, a damn fine line up of scenery there. Hochland will soon be realised!

The trees look good, especially with that bit of paint fitting them more to the tone of the other terrain. Given how fiddly trees can be to make, I wouldn't be shy about using pre-made ones, especially when they look that good based up. Oh, & remember you don't need too many trees to fill a board -- even when it's 'dense forest', a few trees make a board look very busy! The pines you're using are probably actually the best thing for gaming boards; narrow at the top, wide at the bottom, provide cover & fill a board but easy to reach past to handle models.

Anyway, great work all over!
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr 2020 - 17:49

Thanks Rhydderch! Smile These insights do help alot! I guess for now they will be enough then and play some games first to try and see if more are needed! Thanks for the tips, appreciate it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:19

There I am again with some more (small) pieces of terrain for our board! Made some fields and some piles of logs as scatter pieces Smile I have to apologize, the photo's aren't that great, having some problems with the lightning at the moment, but I wanted to share them with you all Smile

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Fields10
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Fields12
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Logs_110
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Logs_210
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Logs_310
Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Logs_410

Well that's it for now Smile I will be building some more soon, especially the smaller pieces!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2020 - 14:33

The fields & log piles are SPLENDID LOOKING additions to your board. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2020 - 16:31

The snail is a nice touch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 May 2020 - 15:09

Thats some nice Progress!!!!!!

I really like the Flieds and the Snail(!!!) I guess i gonna steal this idea. Thanks for sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.   Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building the Grand Barony of Hochland - Terrain log by Tag.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next