Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

hochland bandits

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
zettel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zettel
Warrior
Warrior
zettel

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2009 - 18:25

Hi,

I know the Nemessis crown warbands are considered to be as balanced as it gets with non official warbands, but now one of our players wants to start a bandit warband and some of my frieds asked me to get in some oppinons about the power level of this warband...

Can anyone here help me, please??
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 0:42

My group played a Nemesis Crown campaign last year. The only Nemesis warband that was used was the Bandits.

They are a human band so they have all the weaknesses one expects from humans. They do have a wide variety of specialized warriors and rules. The warband itself is balanced as far as I could tell. It hung in there in a campaign with Skaven, Undead, Reiklanders, Witch Hunters and Marienburgers.

js
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 1:00

zettel wrote:
I know the Nemessis crown warbands are considered to be as balanced as it gets with non official warbands
I wouldn't go as far as saying that. I'd consider the BTB and Lustria (just to name a couple) as more balanced.

Anyways, the bandits list seems fairly reasonable. They seems considerably stronger than a human mercenaries warband early on, but with a max warband size of 12, they'd probably be comparable later in a campaign.

Pros (compared to human mercs):
S4 henchmen
AMAZING fodder unit (best of any warband I've seen)
Good revenue income abilities.
Huckster Convincing Manner skill * (discussed below).

Cons:
Max warband 12
Only S3 ranged weapons available

Ok, the Convincing Manner skill is quite absurd. This is the one thing which stands out as being ridiculous. The model basically gives fear to himself and all friendlies within a 12" radius. That should be the entire warband in most games. This skill, as written, should be dropped, rewritten to have an entirely different effect, or at the very least, seriously reworked. I'd suggest making it so that he can nominate one enemy individual within 12" who will fear all models (regardless of if he causes fear himself) for one round.

As a side note, I cannot find the descriptions for the bandit skill list. A friend of mine wanted to play the warband, but after much searching, we could never find the skill list. As far as I know, it was never completed. If you do have the skill descriptions, please send them my way!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 6:58

I just read through the Hotchland Bandit list yesterday, and i really like its style. Although i agree that the Huckster skill is ridiculous!! It needs to be toned down drastically to one model like Identity suggests otherwise it makes your whole warband cause fear!

I propose: Convincing Manner - In order for a HUMAN model to charge the Huckster they must first pass a leadership test, otherwise they must charge another model or remain stationary. In addition the huckster may disengage from combat without being attacked if the opponent fails a leadership test.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 13:44

Identity wrote:
As a side note, I cannot find the descriptions for the bandit skill list. A friend of mine wanted to play the warband, but after much searching, we could never find the skill list. As far as I know, it was never completed. If you do have the skill descriptions, please send them my way!

Yes, unfortunately the skills were forgotten in the original release, but they were added in the re-release.

Go to the Nemesis Crown website. You can download the supplement from there, both as a full download and the individual sections (like warbands etc).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Master
Veteran
Veteran
Master

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 17:18

Looters also seem like a quite awesome choice for 25-30 gold crowns (equipped with a club and a sling they come at 30gc). As they give a lot of income due to dead warriors from others bands, especially later on.

Gutterscum seem like the ultimate 12gc sling armed warrior, although they would rarely be used with a maximum size of 12.

The duellist is also a quite capable hero, as he can get any weapon he is quite good when combined with the looters.

The huckster is just stupid, he should only be able to talk to one guy at a time. It could be: target warrior within 6" must pass a leadership test in order to charge next turn.
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009 - 23:49

cianty wrote:
Go to the Nemesis Crown website. You can download the supplement from there, both as a full download and the individual sections (like warbands etc).
Thanks for the tip cianty! You seem to know everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 0:32

Identity wrote:
cianty wrote:
Thanks for the tip cianty! You seem to know everything Very Happy

You're welcome! I wish I did know.. In this case, well, I made the site so I should know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitimeThu 26 Mar 2009 - 3:31

Hmm good points on the looter ability, i didn't see it as overpowered considering the warband size and lack of any heavy hitters.

But now that i think about it the bandit warband might end up with way too much good gear. I think the increased blackpowder prices they suffer from could feasibly be extended to every item across the board to make up for all the extra income and looted gear.

That would create an interesting dynamic: stuff is too expensive, so wait till you can loot it! Or pay oremium prices and fence what you can steal...

Another solution i'm full of ideas at tyej moment! Very Happy ) is to create rules for everywarband to loot and have certain models like bandit looters give substantial bonuses.

example: (lifted from smething i read recently but can't recall). For every model killed at the end of each game roll a dice:

1-3: Lost for good
4: Trophy (Warband containing model who killed the model)5: To the winners go the spoils
6: For honor! (the warband owning the dead model keeps it's belongings)
For each Looter in your warband you may add +1 to this dice roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hochland bandits Empty
PostSubject: Re: hochland bandits   hochland bandits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hochland bandits
Page 1 of 1