Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hochland Long Rifle and question about height

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Trading Reputation : 0

Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Empty
PostSubject: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 22:45

Probably dense on both counts but...

1) Is a Hochland Long Rifle known as a Hunting Rifle or are they two different things? The base rules talk about the HLR under the blackpowder section, but I can only see a "Hunting Rifle" in the mercs equipment list and in the Trading price list (200 gp).

2) Does having a model one inch off the ground only let you pick any target from enemies at your height or lower? For example if I have gone one inch up some steps but I can see four enemies on rooftops of four storey buildings, can I still choose my target or I have to shoot at nearest?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 2:20

Hi Darkfury,

1) Yes the Hochland Long Rifle and the Hunting Rifle are the same weapon.

2) I don't really know. For some reason I am thinking that you need to be at least 2 inches off the ground but I don't know whether that is stated anywhere or is just my imagination.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 2:24

You have to be 2 inches high above ground level.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 3:49

Note, however, that the HLR has the following rule:

Pick target: A model armed with a Hochland long rifle can target any enemy model in sight, not just the closest one.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 5:53

Good point, mweaver. The HLR / HR can pick a target even when the shooter is on the same level as the target.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 22:32

Thanks for the help.

That's sorted #1.

Sorry with regards to #2, I realise the HLR can pick targets regardless, but if I am 2 inches above ground and armed with a bow for example, can I pick targets on a roof top or only targets the same height or lower than me?

Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 6:08

We've always played that a warrior cannot pick a target (HLR excepted) if there is an enemy on the same level which can be shot. So if the warrior is on the ground then it can only shoot at enemy warriors on the ground if there are enemy warriors able to be shot. If a warrior is on the second floor in a building and there are other enemy warriors on the second floor of the same building that can be shot then then the warrior has to shoot that those warriors in the same building.

On the other hand, if the warrior is on the ground and there is no enemy warrior that can be shot then he can shoot at anyone. Likewise, if there is a warrior on the second floor of a building and no enemy warriors are on the second floor of the same building then the warrior can shoot at anyone above or below or even on the same level in a different building (unless there is a bridge linking the second floors of both buildings in which case the warrior has to shoot at the enemy on the same level in the other building).
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 12:02

Thanks for that, most of that is as per the rules I.e. shooting at stuff that is soon able to attack you (makes good sense too!). I just wasn't sure if my model was 2 inches off the ground (armed with a bow)with nothing else at this height, that I could pick targets in an exposed room opposite at 4 inches height for example.

Sounds like the way you play that's possible, I just wasn't sure if it was house ruled or set in stone somewhere.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010 - 13:31

We play as RationalLemming describes.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 13:20

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010 - 23:41

Another way is,
You must shoot at the closest model on your own level (unless in cover etc.)
OR
you can shoot at any model on a diferent level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hochland Long Rifle and question about height   Hochland Long Rifle and question about height Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hochland Long Rifle and question about height
Page 1 of 1