Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim Table Time Crunch

Go down 
+8
Aulenback
Von Kurst
Harrocks
Rhydderch
Grimscull
Codsticker
DeafNala
mariner2011
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

Trading Reputation : 0

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2019 - 19:30

Sorry for the 'lack of updates', not that it's been long - I've been painting my tail off and DMing my homebrew Dungeons and Dragons campaign.

The first test set of ruins are done! As some may see, I drew inspiration from the autumn foliage directly from Teomar Pius' blog.

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr73
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr75
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr74
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr76

I feel that there still isn't enough wreckage and debris that'd be fitting for a truly ruined Mordheim, but I wanted to keep the playability of the surface in mind as well.

I've finished with the Sword and Helm, and the entire Cooper's guild (waiting on some barrels from the internet atm, as I ran out of time to cast more barrels myself). I've some very poor photos of them, but I'll take more today to do them justice.

Quote :
You can try contacting Firedragon Games- they offer casting services in both metal and resin
Thanks, Kod. I reached out to them, but unfortunately they said that they can't re-cast other company's IP...but oh well. I eventually went with SmoothOn and SmoothCast's products, and got my casts made (though I lost quite a bit of money fudging around!).
Back to top Go down
https://tooly501.tumblr.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2019 - 14:01

LOOKIN' GOOD! There is nothing like a nicely painted terrain piece. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
The best bet with additional clutter id to make some removable debris.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2019 - 16:42

Great to see progress mariner2011.
mariner2011 wrote:

I feel that there still isn't enough wreckage and debris that'd be fitting for a truly ruined Mordheim, but I wanted to keep the playability of the surface in mind as well.
That is always a challenge with terrain especially in games like Mordheim. I agree with DN though- little bits and pieces of scatter terrain really help create that destroyed look.
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2019 - 17:18

'there goes the neighbourhodd' ... clown

looking good.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2019 - 17:39

Good idea guys. I'll probably get those bips and bops of scatter finished this weekend. I made 4 rubble piles that can go out on the streets already, but they're a bit too big for the ruins.

Last night I finished up the last two sets of ruins and the Klausner house. I'd finished up the Cooper's guild already and the Sword and Helm (thankfully...my poor wife. Our dinner table has been a warzone this last week!).

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr77
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr79
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr78
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr81
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr82
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr80
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr84
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr85
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr83
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr86
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr87
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr88
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr89

Above are the two additional sets of ruins, the Cooper's Guildhouse and the Sword and Helm.

Below is the adjoining Cooper's Guild Warehouse and the Klausner home:

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr90
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr91
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr92

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr93
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr94
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr95
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr96
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr97

I've more barrels arriving tomorrow that I'll add to the Cooper's guild and warehouse, and some things here and there to add from Thomarillion at a later date. The metallic and gold details I painted up last night as well, just didn't get pictures.

I do apologize about the picture quality...iPhone 5's really aren't an iPhone X, I'll say that. You can also tell I really started making slopping mistakes with drybrushing, which also killed me as I was trying to finish all of this for our game tonight. This weekend I'll get the sewer board done finally I think, though.

Tonight is our first game on the new board with all of the terrain! I'll post pictures of our painted warbands in a separate section and thread. I'm pretty excited, except that some of the TT world houses are just primed black...which really irks me. But, I ran out of time. Oh well!
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 16:33

Your pictures look great. You've got a good collection of buildings there- I look forward to pix of the game.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 17:09

LOOKIN' GOOD! That is quite an array of SPLENDIDLY painted pieces. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 17:40

Thanks gang! I took some pictures of the set up and some of the game, but don't have the game ones handy. We played Hunt for Wyrdstone - I was crushing the Witch Hunters all game, but my Adept got taken out at the last second, and the cowardly skaven routed! The Witch Hunters grabbed two shards to my 0, and definitely came out on top on injury rolls. I lost ANOTHER verminkin! Thankfully they're cheap.
My adept got a hand injury...added to his broken leg, this poor guy's just getting worse and worse. Gonna have to arm him with a sling I guess!

...though I forgot to use his brace of pistols in the first round of combat.........GAH!

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr99
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl107

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr98
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr98
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl100
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl105
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl103
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl104
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumbl106

I'll take more and better pictures tonight and/or tomorrow during our next few games.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 18:08

As nice looking as each building is individually, as a group the effect is stunning. I, for one, am looking forward to the action photos. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 19:12

OH BABY!

Great table! I am also eagerly awaiting the action photos! bounce No pressure...
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 20:39

yep, brilliant table.
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 16:17

Unfortunately, the pictures I took of our battle were all blurry and sporadic so I won't post them - I apologize! it wouldn't give a good feel for the board or how the game went. I will tomorrow night at our next meet up though!

In the meantime, this past weekend I made the bones of the sewer table. There's a skaven nest gnawed into the side, the wrecked sewer entrance and the cellar of the Sword and Helm...which will lead to a smuggler's dock.

Details still need to be fleshed out, some washes added and highlighting as well as the smuggler's dock created and gargoyles. Overall pleased with it, seeing as it took about a day to make in such a short time frame.

I may paint the top of it black however...what do y'all think?

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer110
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer210
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer310
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer410
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer510
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer610
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Sewer710
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 17:16

That is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I was about to do a sewer board for friend Mack when I move down to Texas; I never did start on it. Yours looks TERRIFIC, definite potential there. Have FUN finishing it off! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 17:41

DeafNala wrote:
That is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I was about to do a sewer board for friend Mack when I move down to Texas; I never did start on it. Yours looks TERRIFIC, definite potential there. Have FUN finishing it off!  thumbsup

Thanks bud! You really should give it a shot. It doesn't take nearly as much time as creating buildings, and it's very simple to do. You get a lot out of very little work put into it. The whole board, with painting (minus drying time) probably took a total of 4ish hours.

There is also the very interesting Wyrm's Egg scenario in Border Town Burning where they show how to make modular 1'x1' mining cave tiles that look very, very easy to do! Well worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Harrocks
Warlord
Warlord
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 18:16

oh my, that's just brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Aulenback
Hero
Hero
Aulenback

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 20:00

I particularly like the braces -- the wooden supports for the "slumping wall":

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Tumblr83

Very nice, and an idea well worth stealing whole cloth!
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:37

Thanks for the kind comments, y'all!

Tonight we'll be playing the last two scenarios for our campaign to wrap up. Only 4 games is all too brief for a campaign, and I've spent so much time building the board for it...but all in all it's been great fun.

Here's the link to the two scenarios we'll be playing, with a culminating battle in the sewers - whomever wins this one takes the cake:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t9190-scenarios-for-my-campaign#138450
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 20:43

Howdy gang!

Here's the link to the rough battle report. The Black Cloaks are now 0-3...RATS!

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t9191-the-dead-do-not-sleep#138459
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 13:02

Oh, man, those boards are just spectacular... & it's particularly impressive that you've got them done in so little time!

Chiming in (a little late...) on the issue of rubble, I'd say you don't need all that much to give the right impression of density. The same sort of thing happens with forest boards -- you don't need to build up a proper canopy of trees, just scatter enough to look busy!
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 17:17

Rhydderch wrote:
The same sort of thing happens with forest boards -- you don't need to build up a proper canopy of trees, just scatter enough to look busy!
I'd agree with that. I have made tried to make little stands of trees to look like forests and they become decorative and hard to play around. I have made the same mistake with a couple of my Mordheim buildings.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 19:52

Codsticker wrote:
Rhydderch wrote:
The same sort of thing happens with forest boards -- you don't need to build up a proper canopy of trees, just scatter enough to look busy!
I'd agree with that. I have made tried to make little stands of trees to look like forests and they become decorative and hard to play around. I have made the same mistake with a couple of my Mordheim buildings.

Amen to that! I have some stands of trees that are really just something to avoid...
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2021 - 18:52

Rhydderch wrote:
Oh, man, those boards are just spectacular... & it's particularly impressive that you've got them done in so little time!

Chiming in (a little late...) on the issue of rubble, I'd say you don't need all that much to give the right impression of density. The same sort of thing happens with forest boards -- you don't need to build up a proper canopy of trees, just scatter enough to look busy!

Those are all really good points! Thank y'all for the input!

Not to necromantically dredge the thread from the grave, but on a related note my wife and I started a dumb podcast for our friends to listen to (board/tabletop games + true crime). As a result, one of the games she will be playing/reviewing is Mordheim!

To prepare for this, I've started making a new 3'x3' table for smaller-scale Mordheim (if there really is such a thing), so that the games can go just that much faster.

I learned, the hard way, that carving every flipping flagstone and coble is not only time-consuming, but HURTS!

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pic_110
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pic_210
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pic_310

Outline, board made from scraps laying around the garage

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pic_410
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pic_510
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Apr 2021 - 19:14

Cool progress and really looking forward to the end results! Smile
Back to top Go down
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2021 - 18:44

Board is finally done! I repurposed some old buildings and added more debris, some toning down of the colors with washes to fit in with the new ruins.

mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2011
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2012
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2010
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2014
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2015
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2013
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2016
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2017
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2019
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2020
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2021
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2023
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2024
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2022
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2025
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2027
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2026
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2028
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2030
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2029
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2032
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2033
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2031
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2035
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2036
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2034
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2037
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2038
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2039
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2041
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2042
mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Pxl_2040

Sorry about all of the Mordheim-porn, it's just been a busy last few weeks and have not been able to post at all Sad
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2021 - 19:34

OUTSTANDING WORK! The board & the buildings are BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations on all the finished pieces!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Table Time Crunch   mordheim - Mordheim Table Time Crunch - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Table Time Crunch
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next