Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Scenarios for my Campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

Trading Reputation : 0

Scenarios for my Campaign Empty
PostSubject: Scenarios for my Campaign   Scenarios for my Campaign Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:34

Hey gang,

Tonight we'll be playing our last two scenarios of our campaign based off of my board. Below you'll find the poorly written scenarios:

The Dead do not Sleep!
Scattered neighborhoods of Mordheim are the many collections of private mausoleums of the wealthy. In the Quayside where the Guilds make their home, the prosperous Cooper’s Guild had one such site dedicated to their former Guild Masters. What most did not know was that Master von Rechter dabbled in more than the art of barrel-making…
In this scenario, the warbands will be striving to plunder the tombs of the Cooper’s Guild and find the Necronomicon, the prize of von Rechter himself.
Terrain
Place in turn buildings; in the center, place a graveyard with at least THREE small mausoleum buildings, at least 6” apart from each other. These represent the objectives of the mission. Place a fence around the buildings to represent the edges of the cemetary.
Special Rules
Ghouls:
Whenever a member of any warband comes within 12” of the edge of the cemetery, a ghoul will appear. Ghouls will always run towards the closest enemy, regardless of warband, and will charge if able to. Ghouls will be moved by the opposing player. There can not be more than 5 crypt ghouls present at any one time.
Any time a hero comes into contact with one of the three mausoleums, roll a D6; on a 4+, it’s the Tomb of von Rechtor, and the character gains a Necronomicon (+1 to spell casting, gains a second spell). WH get a Holy Tome as they bless the curse away (+1 spell casting).
On a 1,2, or 3 it is a treasure trove; roll on the table below to see what the hero finds. NOTE: Wyrdstone gets dropped if a hero gets knocked down!
If the first two mausoleums yield normal treasure finds, then the third is automatically von Recthor’s tomb.  
Warbands
Both players roll a D6 to see who deploys first. Whoever rolls highest deploys first within 8” of a table edge of their choice, then the opposing player does so on the opposite table edge. Whoever deployed first goes first.
Ending the Game
The game ends when one side routes, or all of the treasures are brought safely to a table edge.
Experience
+1 Survives. If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle they gain +1 Experience.
+1 Winning Leader. The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.
+1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action.
+2 For Finding a treasure. If a Hero finds a treasure he earns +2 Experience
ITEMS            D6 ROLL REQUIRED TO FIND
3D6 gc                               Automatic
D3 pieces of wyrdstone           5+
Sword of +1 Strength              4+
D3 gems worth 10 gc each     5+
Back to top Go down
https://tooly501.tumblr.com/
mariner2011
Captain
Captain
mariner2011

PostSubject: Re: Scenarios for my Campaign   Scenarios for my Campaign Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2019 - 16:35

Sewer Rats!
Occasionally the ground collapses above a sewer tunnel creating an entrance to the lower parts of the ruins, tempting many a warband into dangerous adventure. Even more seldom does it rupture, exposing a skaven lair…
Time to put on your exterminator boots!
Terrain
2’x4’ placed, with ruins of both the Sword and Helm on one corner, and the sewer entrance on the other corner.
Special Rules
The Watcher in the Water:
Whenever a member of any warband comes within 1” of the water edge in the sewer or remains in that vicinity, a tentacle may appear. Roll a D6; on a 5+ a tentacle appears. Roll a D6 and the scatter die. The tentacle will always move towards the closest target. There can never be more than 5 tentacles present at one time.
M  WS  BS  S  T  I  A  W  LD
4     3      0    3  3  3  1    1   7

The Darkness:
Each warrior can only see DOUBLE THEIR INITIATIVE. If carrying a torch (3gc ea.), they can see FOUR times their Initiative. Skaven see TRIPLE their Initiative on their own.

Any model carrying a lantern or torch may be more easily spotted, however – Any model may target them if they have normal line of sight, but suffer a -1 penalty.
Hounds:
Hounds must make a leadership if there is no hero within 6” of them IN THE SEWERS. If they fail, they flee until they recover.
Slippery When Wet:
Due to the slippery and grimy nature of the walkways, any warrior attempting to walk must roll a D6; on a 1, they get knocked down! If they wish to run, they get knocked down on a 1,2 or 3 instead! (Yes, skaven too!).
Wooden Planks:
Should a warrior cross a wooden plank, take an Initiative test. On a fail, the wooden plank is rotten and snaps in half! The warrior is placed in the center of where the plank was in the sludge. Remove the plank. The warrior suffers no damage.
However, should a warrior fall in, a tentacle immediately sprouts next to him! Place a tentacle (if any available) next to the warrior. Combat will take place at the next turn (warrior’s or Watcher’s turn, whichever is next).
Sludge:
Sludge is resolved at half movement; climbing out bears no Initiative test for climbing, but if a warrior exits the sludge, his movement ends. He can still shoot or cast spells, however.
Warbands
Set up both warbands at least 14” apart in the middle, and no closer than 12” to either entrance.

Ending the Game
The game ends when either one side routes, or the Attacking Warband has his leader within the Skaven Lair and no skaven are present.
Experience
+1 Survives. If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle they gain +1 Experience.
+1 Winning Leader. The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.
+1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action.
+3 For being inside the Lair at end of game. If a Hero is present inside the lair at end of game, he gets +3 XP. Additionally, should NO SKAVEN BE PRESENT, the attacking warband gets to roll on the following table to see what loot he finds:
ITEMS            D6 ROLL REQUIRED TO FIND
5D6 gc                               Automatic
D6 pieces of wyrdstone           5+
D3 pieces of wyrdstone           4+
Warplock Pistol                       4+
Warpstone Medallion              5+
Mordheim Map         4+
Back to top Go down
https://tooly501.tumblr.com/
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Scenarios for my Campaign   Scenarios for my Campaign Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 13:46

Those are both cool, characterful scenarios (which I may be stealing/cannibalising in future), & sound pretty fun to play.

Though for 'Sewer Rats!' you could do with writing in a clear definition of the Skaven Lair, & the deployment condition, for the benefit of your loyal readers...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Scenarios for my Campaign   Scenarios for my Campaign Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 19:41

These are nice ideas.

The Watcher does need a lot of explanation before it could be played though. (At least by me, I tend to be pretty dense...)  Embarassed

Having read the battle report for The Dead..., I expect that a visual explanation of your scenario will answer lots of questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scenarios for my Campaign   Scenarios for my Campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scenarios for my Campaign
Page 1 of 1