Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

Trading Reputation : 0

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2016 - 18:52

How about some undead? Ok, here is my vampire, necromancer (tried some object source lighting for first time), dire wolves, and some dregs (one kit bashed and the other two from Reaper).
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Vamp1_zps1j6nd7zg[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Vamp2_zpswqhreflq[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Necro1_zpsqs3eiolm[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Necro2_zpsstk2ooa3[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dire1_zps1btq8fvl[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dire2_zpsb5yrzckt[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dreg1_zpsaczdbzzm[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dreg2_zps4ownfupw[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dreg3_zpszdpjuhaq[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dreg4_zpspoclktml[/img]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2016 - 20:05

Nice looking deadites!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2016 - 1:07

LOOKIN' GOOD & mostly DEAD! You did some SPLENDID brushwork & your color selection is OUTSTANDING. The Dregs are especially cool. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2016 - 7:55

Great to see some more unusual minis and the paintjob is just fine imo. Nice warband!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2016 - 16:35

Thanks for the compliments everyone, they are well appreciated. I'm planning to try my hand at building some scenery/terrain soon when time permits. Looking at so many talented works on this forum has got the creative juices flowing. Now if I can only get around to doing some actual gaming...Oh well, I'm still having fun and isn't that the whole point?
Back to top Go down
carturello
Hero
Hero
carturello

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2016 - 14:47

Beauty variants! Some of this are very good idea!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 6:42

Thanks carturello. There are so many great companies out there making minis that with a little imagination and possibly some conversions you can make up just about any warband with the possible exception of the Sisters of Sigmar (I would like to be corrected on that assumption). Life got in the way of painting recently so I haven’t posted in a while but I just started building some scenery which I will be posting soon as a WIP. By the way, carturello, its late August now, shouldn’t you be starting up where you left off with your Averlander warband painting?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 14:07

On the Sisters, Reaper makes some splendid looking warrior nuns, although they don't carry those silly looking hammers.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 14:17

There are the nuns from warband miniatures, though after their kickstarter they went through some trouble:
https://www.facebook.com/warbandMiniatures
You could also still use some 40k Sororitas with a little conversion skills. And there are female ragtag-fighters in the Bruegelburg range /Mad Gret, metal melitia)
http://www.lead-adventure.com/index.php?cPath=22
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2016 - 17:45

I think that when I first began searching for Sisters I didn’t have conversions in mind at the time since I’ve only started the painting part of the hobby about a year ago. I looked through both of your suggestions with a slightly different perspective and there they were without (mostly) the GW’s oversexed, chainmail bikini style. Is that a main reason for their lack of popularity as a warband? Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m going to start some collecting and converting.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Oct 2016 - 0:32

Sisters aren't popular?

Never really thought about it. Our players from back in the day nearly all had one Sisters warband in progress or painted... well OK it was like three or four guys out of ten or twenty, but still they seemed more popular than mercs...

Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2017 - 17:17

Had a brief hiatus from painting and visiting the forum. I've got some catching up to do. Here is a slayer I recently finished.
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dwarf%20Slayer2_zpswjbzswce[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dwarf%20Slayer1_zps0o2wwpsh[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dwarf%20Slayer4_zpselpnehyg[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dwarf%20Slayer3_zpsjjmbih1w[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Dwarf%20Slayer5_zpsn8tnhvoj[/img]
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2017 - 17:49

Did a minor conversion to my vamp by adding a sword in hand, followed by a minor touch-up.
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Vamp1Conversion_zpsheebvohp[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Vamp2Conversion_zps562r1pze[/img]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2017 - 18:11

COOL STUFF! Both the Slayer & the Vampire are BEAUTIFULLY painted creations. I love the dead rat hanging on the Slayers back. TERRIFIC WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 7:10

Slapped some paint on one of my Skaven slingers.
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Slinger1_zpsudm62ozu[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Slinger2_zpsjmrnf7va[/img][img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Slinger3_zpstae3lt1p[/img]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 13:09

The Rat Guy painted up in FINE form, AND the base looks SPLENDID. EXCELLENT WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 19:59

I appreciate the comments Al. Looking through your work helps keep me inspired to keep painting (and wanting to build scenery). Now if I can just get off my lazy chair and look for that foam board...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:41

I have a problem with inertia myself. Once I get going everything flows. The longer I keep at it the more fun it becomes. It's some where between a snowball effect & lunacy. clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 1:02

Nice work on your recent models thumbsup thumbsup

The skaven are especially nice.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Feb 2017 - 11:12

You are showing some nice models here, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2017 - 4:16

Thanks gentlemen, your comments are well appreciated. I have a couple more skaven coming up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2