Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

Trading Reputation : 0

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Empty
PostSubject: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 18:21

I finally figured out how to post pics (hopefully). Well I think it only fitting to start posting with the miniature that sort of symbolizes my inspiration to begin painting these various denizens who dwell within the City of the Damned. So here is The dwarf slayer which is not mine and not painted by me, nor with any previous painting experience whatsoever. Confused? If you have the time you could read my introduction and find out ( I wouldn’t). Just enjoy the pics and those that follow with an open eye for constructive criticism and/or compliments. Painting and photographing miniatures is very new to me so any helpful hints are welcome.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1-2_zpsyzdxwbj7GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-2-1_zpspowo9qtv
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 19:12

This mini was painted by me in honor of the last pic which was painted by my friend (once again don't bother reading my introduction to figure it out, you'll be sorry you did) He is a dwarf noble by the name of Dwinbar Rognisson, leader of my Dwarf Treasure Hunters warband. I'm still toying with various lighting and camera options since the minis still seem to look better than in the photos. Enjoy. Comments and criticism welcomed.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1_zpsdsgxv163
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1-1_zps82v9dpzj
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-4_zpsgyrkthkp
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-3-1_zpsirvpat2v
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-3_zpshjuuo6ee
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-2_zps0sewbxhh

Coming soon... dwarf clansman, Hergar, the Hero.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun 2016 - 20:43

CONGRATULATIONS on figuring out the posting. Taking photos is or can be another enjoyable part of painting miniature. While the second Vertically Challenged one is a better piece, both are SPLENDIDLY painted & based. GREAT WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 3:05

Good looking Dwarfs sir. I think I posted links to photos for the first couple of years, you are doing great.
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 20:04

Thanks for the compliments. It took a while to figure the whole Photobucket middleman gimmick to post pics. Thanks Deafnala for the tips. Well, I know my last post said that my dwarf clansman Hergar the Hero would be next but he's still a WIP. Been having some issues trying to get gold armor to look right. Oh well... In the mean time I will begin posting some of the witch hunter warband I'm working on so to start here is witch hunter captain Mortmore Mahler.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1-2_zpshomplsj7
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-3_zpsyj4clvej
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-3-1_zpsnadxbojx
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1_zpsomg993en
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1-1_zpsfyhoyuju
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2016 - 21:59

Next up is warrior priest Barnabas Bernhardt. Still playing around with camera settings. Comments, criticisms, suggestions welcomed.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1_zpsl1sgxq7z
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-2_zpsdk6fazap
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-3_zpsboeaz539
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Attachment-1-1_zpsdny4dmco
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 0:04

The Witch Hunter & Holy Guy look TERRIFIC...GREAT brushwork & basing. OUTSTANDING WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 12:12

The minis look just fine to me. Maybe some more shadows on the skintones, but other than that... Who is the manufacturer of your WH-Captain's mini?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 16:40

More nice looking models thumbsup

Good to see that Captain painted up. I keep intending to paint mine. I have good intentions.
@Grimscull--I got mine as a gift. It was a convention freebee is all I know.
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 18:08

Thanks for the compliments and advice. Skin tones and metals, especially gold, have been a bit of a struggle for me to get the way I'd like, but I'm working on it. Grimscull, the mini is a convention model called Inquisitor-Captain Xander Thule and is available from Gorgon Studios.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2016 - 16:26

Thanks for the answers you two!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 17:18

Next up is witch hunter Abram Duskwalker, which is the actual name of the mini from Reaper (how creative of me) and two of the three war hounds from the original Mordheim casting that I (just now) named "Pirate" and "Old Blue" (hadn't named them until I started typing this, once again showing my obvious creativity in naming).
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Abram1_zps5wnfcaxn[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Abram3_zpscgktbh1m[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Abram2_zpsfl6bnclt[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Warhounds1_zpsfh9680bn[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Warhounds2_zps0q1roomu[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Warhounds3_zps2gcbugin[/img]

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 17:35

The Old Lady Burner & his two NASTY Pups look TERRIFIC. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 17:49

Thanks DeafNala, especially with the name assist. Perhaps he should be more appropriately named Christian "Old Lady Burner" so as not to offend anyone over at Reaper?
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 21:15

My original plan was to finish painting one war band at a time in a continuous post, but with all of theses cool minis of various war bands staring at me and with a touch of OCD (who doesn’t in this hobby?) my original plan failed. I will finish them just not in any specific order. So with that said here goes the next clump of minis from my Possessed warband. First is the Chaos Magister which I attempted to paint in a similar fashion to the GW model.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis <a href=GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Chaos%20Magister1_zps8jmoic7a" />
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis <a href=GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Chaos%20Magister2_zps4plovq0i" />
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis <a href=GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Chaos%20Magister3_zps5xxuigc6" />
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 21:21

I was inspired by all of the wonderful conversions I’ve seen on this forum so I gave it a crack by making a mutant Possessed model using green stuff to make the tentacle arm which turned out to be more of an octopus-for-arm conversion.
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Mutant1a_zps8b0wtsxg[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Mutant1b_zpsei7lfjur[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Mutant1c_zpsnoxu18s3[/img]
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 21:27

Next is a beastman for my Possessed warband. Comments and criticisms always welcomed (I’m trying to get better at this).
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Beastman1b_zpsditzm6on[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Beastman1a_zpsetmliqvg[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Beastman1c_zpsphqlq6bj[/img]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 21:41

If you are painting for commission or for a demanding game that you enjoy more than painting, then following a plan in The Way. If you are painting for enjoyment & aren't having fun, you're wasting your time. The variety of minis you've done up are time well spent. Each is quite striking in their own way. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup

On the "Old Lady Burner" thing, only G.W. would be offended me thinks. The crew at Reaper are less easily offended with the possible exception of Reaper Bryan.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2016 - 22:32

Good advice, Deafnala, I agree, I'm definitely having fun painting whether or not I come across a gaming group of Mordheim players. I enjoy toying with different painting techniques while trying to find my own "groove/style". Thanks for the advice.

I think GW would only be offended because they didn't trademark it first.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2016 - 9:21

Nice models all around. About the naming thing: many like to give their Empire-minis german sounding names. Duskwalker would be "Abenddämmerungsschreiter" though, which is kind of a tongue-twister even for german natives. Walker would just be "Schreiter". I also know of people going for either Heinrich Kramer or Jacob Sprenger, the authors of the legendary book "Hexenhammer" (Witchhammer/ malleus maleficarum).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum
Come to think of it, just Abram Witchhammer or Abram Hexenhammer would probably do as well, according to his weaponry and line of work.

Last edited by Grimscull on Sat 9 Jul 2016 - 16:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carturello
Hero
Hero
carturello

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2016 - 11:44

These are nice pieces, now and always cheers for the Warband!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2016 - 16:35

Abram Hexenhammer it is. I like that. Thanks Grimscull. I'll have to check out the link as well. Also thanks for the compliments guys.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2016 - 16:53

Glad to be of service Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2016 - 18:38

So here is a dwarf clansman to be added to my Treasure Hunters
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Haegar1_zpsmnjlnd2q[/img]
[img]GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Haegar2_zpsghkncqie[/img]
Back to top Go down
GameDoc
Veteran
Veteran
GameDoc

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2016 - 18:42

Next up is a clan Pestilens model that I will use as my skaven sorcerer.
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis <a href=GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis EshinSorc1_zpsvfjeg5ug" />
GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis <a href=GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis EshinSorc2_zpsvevrli5j" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis   GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GameDoc's Growing Gallery of Minis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next