Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners

Go down 
+28
Ezekiel
overburn
WarbossKurgan
Mr. Fish
werekin
Mike
catferret
Ashton
SerialMoM
Count Lucius
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Gatlag Stonetooth
Theorox
Lord Xi
Morghot
cianty
NoisyAssassin
Von Kurst
folketsfiende
floedebolle
DeafNala
drakkol
Karak Norn Clansman
Gobbo Freak
Grimscull
mweaver
Quase
Admin Tom
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:48

Great stuff. Enjoyed looking through the entries this morning. What a deserved winner, just, wow! Cannot believe Skavenblight did not place (you have been robbed!) and I can only assume that some of the judges must have drank a bit too much sherry this Xmas to have overlooked her splendid entry!

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Mr. Fish

Mr. Fish

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:03

Congratulations to everyone! Great job!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 13:08

Wow - I'm so pleased to have got an Honorable Mention in a competition of such a high standard. The winners are all Golden Demon winning quality!!

cheers cheers cheers

I've posted my WIP here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
overburn

overburn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 20:20

Congrats to everyone. I think this was quite a tough competition.
@Quase: Regarding the Spiderwebs: These are not my invention. There is a Tutorial on the 5th-Dimesion Blog. They posted a Tutorial-Video to watch how they do it.

In short you use "Uhu Flinke Flasche" (Paperglue) and too Toothsticks to create the webbing and then you apply it with the Toothsticks.
Was my first attempt to create these also.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015 - 21:44

Oh wow! those are some brilliant looking models! deserve winners all! congratulations
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:44

Congratulations all! I was blown away with the 1st place! Superb paint job!
Back to top Go down
Quase
Elder
Elder
Quase

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:32

Thanks for the referral overburn!

Now to find a fig where I can try this technique
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:07

A little late, but thanks to judges for honorable mention!
First 3 places are amazing and it's really nice to look at them.
But other honorable mentions are also great. Hard to pick the best Smile

werekin wrote:
Cannot believe Skavenblight did not place (you have been robbed!)
Oh thank you Embarassed But there are only 3 places for winners and I believe it was hard for judges anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 15:39

How many entries were there? I have been very impressed with all of the miniatures entered that have posted their entry, but I know we are missing a few. Count Lucius I'm looking at you.

Great efforts by all involved.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 15:50

Von Kurst wrote:
How many entries were there?  I have been very impressed with all of the miniatures entered that have posted their entry, but I know we are missing a few.  Count Lucius I'm looking at you.

There were a total of 26 entries; each one WONDERFUL in its own way.

Von Kurst wrote:

Everyone really out did themselves with their entries. VERY WELL DONE all around!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
opaque
Knight
Knight
opaque

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 16:14

Hi everyone,

all entries i´ve seen are wonderful in it´s own way. The winners are full of painting Skill espacially the first place. I will never be able to paint like this. Awesome skincolor, cool light effects.
WarbossKurgan did a very good job by converting his "Johan the Knife"
But i like Quase entry too. Liked the miniature for long time and he painted and based it in a beatiful way.

My congratulation to all the winners and the judges too.(looking at my entry i did your job a little easier. But ultimately it is the Olympic idea that counts - the most important thing is taking part
- more than victory.)

26 Entries, please show them all together because i believe there are more greatness to show, even if they not at this high level. But i´m looking forward for more Inspiration. Plaese, please, please show all, please.
Back to top Go down
Count Lucius
Champion
Champion
Count Lucius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 16:55

Von Kurst wrote:
How many entries were there?  I have been very impressed with all of the miniatures entered that have posted their entry, but I know we are missing a few.  Count Lucius I'm looking at you.

Ask and ye shall receive Von Kurst! Here is the link to my blog with the pictures of my mini:

Count Lucius/Chetcula's Rat Ogre!
Back to top Go down
http://countchetcula.blogspot.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 17:23

opaque wrote:
26 Entries, please show them all together because i believe there are more greatness to show, even if they not at this high level. But i´m looking forward for more Inspiration. Please, please, please show all, please.

Putting them all in a single post would be up to Tom...he's the Guy with the photos. HOWEVER, any of the entrants can start a thread, either individually or as a joint thing, with all their LOVELY photos.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Echo-Rider
Hero
Hero
Echo-Rider

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015 - 10:32

I am going to be that guy and ask...Will there be another GT?  I would love to enter, it seems like a great deal of fun!

I have seen some truly inspiring models! So I will be painting again this evening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greencloaks.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2015 - 14:30

Echo-Rider wrote:
I am going to be that guy and ask...Will there be another GT?  I would love to enter, it seems like a great deal of fun!  

I have seen some truly inspiring models!  So I will be painting again this evening.

There most definitely will be another Golden Tom...we're even considering making it an annual event. We are making changes to the Beasty, but hopefully there will be some announcements over the Summer.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr 2017 - 11:30

DeafNala wrote:

There most definitely will be another Golden Tom...we're even considering making it an annual event. We are making changes to the Beasty, but hopefully there will be some announcements over the Summer.  What a Face
So... is there going to be something new, maybe around christmas? I'm asking because (I might be wrong but) I feel there has been a little more life in the forum a year or maybe even a few months ago. There are still some regulars who stop by to show pics of their latest minis or games and a handful of people who reply, but there definitely were more discussions around in the past. Reading through this thread supports my feelings, there are quite a few users with hundreds or even more than a thousand posts that commented on this in 2014 but couldn't be seen for some time now.
I don't know if it should be EXACTLY like in 2014 (haven't heard anything from the first and second place ever since) and maybe people have other ideas or don't even feel the need to change anything, but I'd like to offer my help (even if it's just funds for the prizes).
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr 2017 - 13:42

It doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. It was worked on for months & just died off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners   GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOLDEN TOM 2014 - Winners
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2