Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Unsealing the city

Go down 
+2
The Yak
Coppermind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2014 - 11:54

Hey folks! To give some insights in our Sealed City warbands, I am going to post some of my work in progress models for this setting.

Beginning with the future leader of my Brood of Ghurash - the Broodmother Krrashka:

Unsealing the city Broodmother1c
Unsealing the city Broodmother1b
Unsealing the city Broodmother1a

Arms and head aren't glued or even done yet - just a quick test, how the pose is going to look like. But first I need to finish sculpting on the torso. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sealedcity.blogspot.com/
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2014 - 12:54

That is one filthy beast!

Excellent conversion, She gives me the creeps, so its thumbs up from me!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeWed 5 Nov 2014 - 13:27

She is LOVELY with a warm, enchanting smile; AND what big teeth you have, Mommy. Your creation is an inspired idea. The completed piece should be jaw dropping...or have an adverse effect to ones digestive system. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeThu 6 Nov 2014 - 19:52

Wow sweet mother of... ugly fishy things? That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeSun 9 Nov 2014 - 18:33

Interesting, always nice to see some "out there" conversions.

Claw hand has too many fingers (compared to the other) which is something that bugs me (bit of OCD here).

I've never been a fan of saggy breasted monsters.

Also not a fan of those heads, maily because I think it would be darn hard for the creature to eat anything with that mouth!

Still don't be put off by me, its only my opinion, please keep up the good work, I love your clockwork guys and I'm sure these conversions will be just as brilliantly excecuted Smile.
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014 - 7:49

Love the conversion and I am looking forward to your Sealed City setting. The Cthulhu-esque feel of the City is very intriguing.

I imagine the troll mutations jaw and the Kharibdyss beastie the bit comes from was inspired by the helicoprion shark fossils. I could see any Warhammer universe troll only needing to get its meal into its gut for digestion, and not worrying about chewing properly. Laughing
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014 - 9:28

Mike wrote:
Love the conversion and I am looking forward to your Sealed City setting. The Cthulhu-esque feel of the City is very intriguing.

I imagine the troll mutations jaw and the Kharibdyss beastie the bit comes from was inspired by the helicoprion shark fossils. I could see any Warhammer universe troll only needing to get its meal into its gut for digestion, and not worrying about chewing properly. Laughing

In which case it woulden't need teeth at all.... Razz

I know i'm applying too much logic to a fantasy setting.

I simply cannot fathom how on earth those teeth / jaws could even be used!

The helicoprion had one row of teeth and it was internal to the mouth not external and rotated when the mouth was shut, much like having the tip of a chainsaw buit into the middle of your lower jaw.
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014 - 10:06

Seems that her general look hits the intended spot. Very Happy

Thank you for the criticism, maxxev, in constructive manner this is always appreciated. Smile

The fingers were an issue for myself at first, as I wanted to match the number of them on all limbs. The treeman's claw just looked too cool not to use, but I will test how it would look like when I cut the fingers down by one.

The breasts were inspired by Forge World's Troll Hag and while the normal (male) trolls seem to have already sagging A cups, a female one would look out of place with perfectly shaped ones.

I have to admit, that you're right on the jaws, from a realistic perspective the anatomy doesn't make much sense, but I liked the head so much that I bought a whole Hydra kit to get one of these (absolutely no chance to get these from a bitz store in Europe).

At last the Brood is rules- and fluffwise heavily tied to mutations, which allows me to some degree to give preference to the looks rather than realism.
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014 - 10:17

Just a thought but could you not have found some dark elf players and asked for the heads from any hydras they may have purchased (totaly understand if you can't find any dark elf players, not many fantasy players around these parts).

Might even be worth asking you local GW (if you have one) as presumably they will have built a hydra at some point.. perhaps

Anyway, am looking forward to whats next.

If the entire warband on 40mm bases?
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2014 - 10:55

We have some Dark Elf players (and a living whfb community), but they either already had a ton of metal hydras or aren't interested in sharing the new kit due to bad rules. But I will utilise the Kharibdyss's small heads for the other heroes.

All heroes are large targets with the 40mm base, the henchmen stand on smaller bases.

Edit: Quick conversion in Photoshop
Unsealing the city Broodm10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unsealing the city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsealing the city   Unsealing the city Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unsealing the city
Page 1 of 1