Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Supplement] The Sealed City

Go down 
+9
Alrik
maxxev
Odin Morgrimmsson
floedebolle
davinewrath
cuchulain23
cianty
RationalLemming
Coppermind
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

[Supplement] The Sealed City Empty
PostSubject: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:02

THE SEALED CITY
Supplement

[Supplement] The Sealed City TSC_Logo_Shiny_black_72

We launched our upcoming supplement's website today - to find out more visit the blog.

All updates will be posted here as well as on the blog itself and the thread shall give you a platform for comments, criticism and questions. Smile

Last edited by Coppermind on Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 7:11; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sealedcity.blogspot.com/
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:25

I see that I have some reading to do this weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2014 - 22:31

Rules-wise there is currently only the Clockworkers preview. The Brood comes next week probably.

So not that much to read yet, but more to come. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2014 - 19:56

It sure is looking promising already! Shame I live so far away from you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
cuchulain23
Champion
Champion
cuchulain23

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep 2014 - 6:22

I am highly intrigued by your setting. The clockworks are a neat idea.
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2014 - 9:25

Currently working on the supplement's layout and three previews incoming this week - one Hired Sword, one scenario and another warband. Smile

The preview for the Brood of Ghurash got postponed due to some changes in the setting's mutations.

@cianty
Unfortunately we're on the wrong ends of the country. But Lake Constance is a popular holiday destination, so...^^
Back to top Go down
davinewrath
Champion
Champion
davinewrath

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2014 - 15:39

This looks like it's going to be awesome!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeMon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:36

Wow, like it, and cant wait to read more of your fabulous setting, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Odin Morgrimmsson
Hero
Hero
Odin Morgrimmsson

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2014 - 22:05

Intriguing! Can't wait to read more.
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2014 - 22:18

Glad you like it so far. Smile

To start tomorrow into a weekend without Mordheim, the promised previews are released - right now. cheers

Have a look: More-more previews cyclops

Last edited by Coppermind on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2014 - 20:48

Looks interesting, liking the sound of the not-troll facion too.
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2015 - 10:35

Anything happening with this project still?
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeWed 4 Mar 2015 - 21:01

The project is still alive and consumes huge chunks of our (unfortunately at the moment very limited) hobby time - to prove that, I just posted a new update on the blog with mutations and another warband. Wink
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeSun 17 Apr 2016 - 11:58

Hi, just wondering if the project still lives please?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeWed 4 May 2016 - 0:02

That is not dead...

The work on the setting progresses very slowly and since the last update several of us switched jobs, moved away or even dared to start a family. Very Happy

But with a handy borrowed steel whip from some unpleasent Sisters in the city, I managed to get the grunts to work harder and bring you today's update with another three pdfs, which you can find in the blog's download section. Wink
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeWed 4 May 2016 - 9:25

Thank you for the response and the continued work on this Smile.
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2016 - 18:19

As promised some weeks ago, we put up a roadmap for the supplement. Nothing too fancy but it hopefully gives you a better overview of the setting's current state and progress. cheers
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 11:51

Wow! I finally downloaded the preview files and you are doing an excellent job. I am eagerly awaiting this project to release more content.  cheers

Some thoughts/comments...

I like the extra clarity that you've put into some of the rules that you've taken from other places and adapted for The Sealed City. I can see that you are making a lot of effort to make the rules clear and easy to understand.

I really like the concept of the Clockworkers warband. I could definitely see myself playing that warband in the future.

Mutation Surgery Chart from Stygian Mutations Preview Article
Do you intend this chart to always be 'safe'? The other charts contain an element of risk that the surgeon might not be up to the task and makes a mistake. Perhaps for the mutations that are not head/mind related the chart should be something like this...
2-3 Someone fetch a priest...
4-6 Sorry lad. Done my best.
7-8 No Luck.
9-10 I got it off but it was messy. (Mutation removed but warrior must miss next battle.)
11-12 Shallaya be praised! It came off clean! (Mutation removed with no adverse effect.)

Accelerated Evolution from The Brood of Ghurash Preview Article
Quote :
Each time a Brood hero rolls for an advance, he may consume any number of moonstones and roll a D6 on the following chart and add the spent amount of moonstones to the result
Is this able to be done in addition to the normal advance or is it chosen INSTEAD of the normal advance. If it must be chosen instead of the normal advance then the following wording would be more clear.
Quote :
Each time a Brood hero is eligible for an advance instead of rolling for an advance, he may...

Chain of Command from House Guard Preview Article
Quote :
If your warband’s leader is taken out of action, immediately determine a new temporary leader as if your leader got killed permanently. The new leader is in charge until the end of the game or the model is taken out of action, in which case you repeat this process.
I suggest adding the following to make it very clear the intent of the rule (underline is new text).
Quote :
The new leader is in charge and temporarily gains "Leader" ability until the...
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 22:27

RationalLemming wrote:
Wow! I finally downloaded the preview files and you are doing an excellent job. I am eagerly awaiting this project to release more content.  cheers

Some thoughts/comments...

I like the extra clarity that you've put into some of the rules that you've taken from other places and adapted for The Sealed City. I can see that you are making a lot of effort to make the rules clear and easy to understand.
I'm glad the content is to your liking. Comments and thoughts are always highly appreciated as they help us a lot ("outsiders" so often see problems which are obscured to "insiders"). Smile
The clarification crusade is probably my hobbyhorse - organising too many Warhammer 40k tournaments combined with a shady trading card past does those things to an innocent Mordheim player. Very Happy

RationalLemming wrote:
I really like the concept of the Clockworkers warband. I could definitely see myself playing that warband in the future.
They are also my favourites with a tiny advance ahead of the trolls. Perhaps material for the finished supplement's gallery? Wink

RationalLemming wrote:
Mutation Surgery Chart from Stygian Mutations Preview Article
Do you intend this chart to always be 'safe'? The other charts contain an element of risk that the surgeon might not be up to the task and makes a mistake. Perhaps for the mutations that are not head/mind related the chart should be something like this...
2-3 Someone fetch a priest...
4-6 Sorry lad. Done my best.
7-8 No Luck.
9-10 I got it off but it was messy. (Mutation removed but warrior must miss next battle.)
11-12 Shallaya be praised! It came off clean! (Mutation removed with no adverse effect.)
Truth be told, we initially thought of the limb loss most "treatments" provide as penalty enough. But with our new equipment (i.e. clockwork prosthesis) the graveness of lost limbs got seriously diminished in our tests. Thus a chart like your example would probably be better suited to represent backyard butchery Mordheim surgery.

RationalLemming wrote:
Accelerated Evolution from The Brood of Ghurash Preview Article
Quote :
Each time a Brood hero rolls for an advance, he may consume any number of moonstones and roll a D6 on the following chart and add the spent amount of moonstones to the result
Is this able to be done in addition to the normal advance or is it chosen INSTEAD of the normal advance. If it must be chosen instead of the normal advance then the following wording would be more clear.
Quote :
Each time a Brood hero is eligible for an advance instead of rolling for an advance, he may...
The evolutionary benefits are meant to be in addition to the regular advance result. While writing the warband the comparision was mostly done via the BTB Maneaters as only tested large traget warband. While the ogres learn slowly, they can speed up their progress with eating things and people. The trolls instead should have to stick with the slow curve, but receive a significant (but also somewhat costly) power spike on each level-up/evolution (Great, now I have to think of trollish pokemon...^^°).
That being said - should a clarification be included, that the trolls get their evolutions additionally to the advance roll?

RationalLemming wrote:
Chain of Command from House Guard Preview Article
Quote :
If your warband’s leader is taken out of action, immediately determine a new temporary leader as if your leader got killed permanently. The new leader is in charge until the end of the game or the model is taken out of action, in which case you repeat this process.
I suggest adding the following to make it very clear the intent of the rule (underline is new text).
Quote :
The new leader is in charge and temporarily gains "Leader" ability until the...
This is indeed the rule's designated purpose - changed, exported and already uploaded. Wink
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jun 2016 - 13:14

For the troll advance maybe one word "also" would be sufficient.

Quote :
Each time a Brood hero rolls for an advance, he may also consume any number of moonstones and roll a D6 on the following chart adding the amount of consumed moonstones to the result...
Back to top Go down
Alrik
Youngblood
Youngblood
Alrik

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2016 - 20:29

i managed to hype my local mordheimers for your supplement and were planing a campain using your setting. If you're intrested in feedback, check your PMs Wink
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov 2017 - 6:52

A small teaser for our upcoming new content. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov 2017 - 7:39

Great news! Smile
Back to top Go down
Coppermind
Captain
Captain
Coppermind

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 30 Nov 2017 - 13:14

A close call to meet the deadline, but we managed to get the updates for The Sealed City done in time.  Very Happy
Have fun with the new stuff and leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions. Idea
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitimeThu 30 Nov 2017 - 16:43

Oooh! There's some exciting stuff in there! I'll admit I'm not currently using that campaign setting, but the extra rules & possibilities are still super cool & I might steal them for use elsewhere.

Great work all round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] The Sealed City   [Supplement] The Sealed City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Supplement] The Sealed City
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next