Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Klawful
Youngblood
Youngblood
Klawful

Trading Reputation : 0

Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Empty
PostSubject: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 14:17

Hi there, I'm a LONG-time Mordheim fan and player (From launch), and I seek your advice.

Under the Restless Dead warband listing, it says the following about the Liche weapons and Armor:
"Liches may not carry any non-magical weapons and do not suffer any penalties for this".

As far as I'm aware, there are VERY few magical weapons in Mordheim, so what exactly does it mean by this?

What weapons can he actually equip?

I don't see any under the Border Town Burning rules except perhaps the "Broadsword of Damnation" which is INCREDIBLY rare.

Thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 14:45

One of the possibilities for a magic weapon in Mordheim (from what I've heard of) is to acquire a Tome of Magic (200+D6x25 gc, Rare 12). With this tome you can generate an extra spell from the Lesser Magic list. The spell you need is "Sword of Rezhebel", it gives the Liche a (magic) sword with +1 Attack, +2 Strength and +2 Weapon Skill.

However, since it's a spell it will require you to take a leadership test every turn to maintain the weapon.

It can get quite expensive (and not to mention difficult!) though, but it's probably worth it!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 19:18

Klawful wrote:
Under the Restless Dead warband listing, it says the following about the Liche weapons and Armor:
"Liches may not carry any non-magical weapons and do not suffer any penalties for this".

As far as I'm aware, there are VERY few magical weapons in Mordheim, so what exactly does it mean by this?

What weapons can he actually equip?

I don't see any under the Border Town Burning rules except perhaps the "Broadsword of Damnation" which is INCREDIBLY rare.

Magical items are rare, yes, so usually a Liche will just fight barehanded (or perhaps closer to bareboned, depending on his condition), but should he be so lucky to come across a magical weapon, he may use that. The Count of Ventimiglia’s Misericordia would be another example, if you use the warband in the Mordheim setting. Don't think there's much else in it.

And yes, I agree with the Sword of Rezhebel.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 22:36

It can also wield the Broadsword of Damnation from BTB. Magic Weapons are very, very rare as stated so it will probably always fight unarmed but that is OK as it suffers no penalty for this even if it also gets no bonuses.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeWed 3 Sep 2014 - 23:38

Athame from 'Wizards Mansion Scenario'
Maybe even trade from other players I.E Hell blades (Khorne Pirates)
Dwarf Rune Axes from Runesmith
Skaven warpstone equipment at a stretch
Blessed weapons from a warband with a priest.
Getting Captures is a good way to either get or extorting the enemy into giving you these.
Back to top Go down
Klawful
Youngblood
Youngblood
Klawful

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2014 - 1:05

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"   Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help?! Restless Dead - Liche "Magical Weapons"
Page 1 of 1