Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lure of Chaos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Lure of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Lure of Chaos   Lure of Chaos Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb 2014 - 0:23

Not the first time I ask about this spell, but more questions has arisen during our game today!

This is the spell, as we all know it:
Quote :
Lure of Chaos
The Chaos Mage calls upon the taint of chaos which exists in the inner soul of all living beings. The spell has a range of 12" and must be cast on the closest enemy model. Roll a D6 and add the Chaos Mage’s Leadership to the score. Then roll a D6 and add the target’s Leadership to the score. If the Chaos Mage beats his opponent’s score he gains control of the model until the model passes a Leadership test in his own recovery phase. The model may not commit suicide, but can attack models on his own side, and will not fight warriors from the Chaos Mage’s warband. If he was engaged in hand-to-hand combat with any warriors of the Chaos Mage’s warband, they will immediately move 1" apart.

I have two questions:

1. If a Troll is controlled, will you then have to roll for stupidity, or is it controlled completely? This applies to general psychology as well - will you have to charge if frenzied, etc.
2. If something is controlled and it is the closest target for enemy shooters, will you then have to shoot it?

Our conclusion was yes to the first question and no to the second ^_^
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Lure of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos   Lure of Chaos Icon_minitimeFri 7 Feb 2014 - 2:37

2a. Do shooters in the Chaos Mage warband need to shoot the controlled warrior?
2b. Do shooters in the original warband need to shoot the controlled warrior?

3. If a goblin is controlled (why would a Chaos Mage bother?) then would they suffer from Animosity?

For me I agree with and and would say "yes" to 1 and "no" to 2a and 2b. I would say "yes" to 3 also (sorry for answering my own question but I thought that I would add it as a scenario for completeness).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim

Lure of Chaos
Page 1 of 1