Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Lure of Chaos - leadership

Go down 
+3
Mortimer
Meister Ostalgie
Thorwald
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorwald
Warrior
Warrior
Thorwald

Trading Reputation : 0

Lure of Chaos - leadership Empty
PostSubject: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 13:04

Can the affected model test on the leadership of it's leader (within 6") to see if it's still affected by Lure of Chaos? or must it always use it's own leadership?
Back to top Go down
Meister Ostalgie
Champion
Champion
Meister Ostalgie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 23:47

From the Official FAQ:
Quote:
Q:If a model casts the Lure of Chaos spell, can either the caster or the target use their Leader’s Leadership if he’s within 6” (because of the Leader special rule)”?
A: No. The Leader special rule will only help with Leadership tests, and this isn’t one.
The question is... more specific: "Say a model is under the influence of the Lure of Chaos in this round. In the next round, in the recovery phase, it may roll 2D6 to see if it can overcome the Lure of Chaos. May it use its Leader's Leadership if it is within 6" of the Leader?

Quote:
Lure of Chaos
The Chaos Mage calls upon the taint of chaos which exists in the inner soul of all living beings. The spell has a range of 12" and must be cast on the closest enemy model. Roll a D6 and add the Chaos Mage’s Leadership to the score. Then roll a D6 and add the target’s Leadership to the score. If the Chaos Mage beats his opponent’s score he gains control of the model until the model passes a Leadership test in his own recovery phase. The model may not commit suicide, but can attack models on his own side, and will not fight warriors from the Chaos Mage’s warband. If he was engaged in hand-to-hand combat with any warriors of the Chaos Mage’s warband, they will immediately move 1" apart.
I think it can, because the it has to pass a Leadership test, meaning it may do so helped by the 6" Leadership Rule.
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Warlord
Warlord
Mortimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 2:22

It is abit ambiguous, so I can only offer my opinion ... I'd say no, as I think it represents the individuals own willpower to overcome the spell, something the Leader can't really convey his own into him with just yelling orders (I suppose you could argue he tries to yell some memorable moments or the like to snap the victim out of it, but that seems abit to ... Saturday morning cartoon for my taste).

Just my 2c
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 18:12

I think the leader will try to help the warrior come to his senses, not in the way of shouting orders, but more like "Get yourself together lad!!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 19:14

Gobbo Freak wrote:
I think the leader will try to help the warrior come to his senses, not in the way of shouting orders, but more like "Get yourself together lad!!"

Yeah, and maybe even the mere sight of the leader actually affects his will as the spell actually affects your loyalty too. And where does the models original lyalotie lie, well, at the leader, so I would definately count the Leader rule as being able to affect the Ld test.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 3:34

Since the first test is not a leadership test the leader may not help. The second and subsequent tests are leadership tests, so the leader may lend help if able.

I feel this spell is only really good for taking over animals, or skaven outside of the leader' control, since they get 2 chances to resist before you can use the model. I let loose a heavy sigh the first time i rolled it up...

One tactic to is to charge into an enemy already in combat with one of your warriors, who also happens to be in base-to-base with one of his warriors, and then cast it. If it works, you can get at least one round of combat in your close combat phase against the previous ally of the controlled model before it can take a leadership test to resist at the start of it's turn.

Phew! That was difficult to explain!
Back to top Go down
Meister Ostalgie
Champion
Champion
Meister Ostalgie

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 12:00

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
Phew! That was difficult to explain!
Too bad the person in our group playing Possessed never visits this forum.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 12:43

Last night, I managed to cast this spell succesfully on my opponents' possessed (who was slaughtering some of my guys) and charged him into an enemy model! Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_cheers

Now my question is: if a mind controlled guy puts someone out-of-action, who will get the XP? The controlled or the controlling model?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 16:20

The Possessed, he caused the wound.
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 11:50

+1 Xp, Per enemy model OOA. For the possessed, it's not his enemy, only for that moment....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lure of Chaos - leadership   Lure of Chaos - leadership Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lure of Chaos - leadership
Page 1 of 1