Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Empty
PostSubject: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013 - 23:40

Unfortunately, I have been able to get less Mordheim games going than I'd hoped too. And I think it mostly has to do with my lack of appropriate terrain. There's nothing wrong with using boxes and other stuff as proxies for terrain but it certainly takes away something when not using real terrain. As my terrain building progress is very slow I was thinking of trying to get some friends to try a couple Empire in Flames scenarios instead. Do they require less terrain? As I have more trees than houses that would certainly fit my current terrain stash better. Or is there some other setting you'd recommend for some Mordheim beginners that haven't got a complete city to bring to the table?
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013 - 23:53

EiF seams to fit your terrain situation better at the moment. Few buildings and lots of trees works well.
You could even hunt down on the Mordhimer website for some other scenarios that require less buildings.
Back to top Go down
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013 - 0:43

Ok, cool. I have tons of unassembled trees too, but these are much faster to assemble and base than buildings Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013 - 1:58

Yes, the Terrain is different. I go with tree stands, farm fields, hills and large rocks, wagons, stales, livestock, and of the Angry Town's Folk. Think more of a town or village, than a ruined city.

You don't actually have to make each tree. Just a flat patch and declare it as a tree section. That way you can still use the tree rules and still be able to move you troops freely though it without knocking over the real trees.

Also, ponds and swamp sections slow movement just as a ruined building would. Also, you could declare it has thick tall grass and reeds around it. It also would block line of sight.

Intact buildings are easier to make that ruins. Go on the internet and look for pictures of doors and windows. Print them out and glue that to your boxes. If you live in the USA, you can go to the Post Office and get boxes for free. Simple paint, and printed doors, windows, and such; and a town is born quickly.

Here's a link for Hirstarts.com. (I love this site) On this page, you'll see some printable doors and wood planks. That window ones are kind of fancy for a town, but may be be useful. http://www.hirstarts.com/plans/plans.html
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013 - 16:01

Back to top Go down
qazbnm
Champion
Champion
qazbnm

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Apr 2013 - 21:42

Shadowphx wrote:
You don't actually have to make each tree. Just a flat patch and declare it as a tree section. That way you can still use the tree rules and still be able to move you troops freely though it without knocking over the real trees.
That's how my current trees are based. Unfortunately they are glued to the "forest bases" which isn't as dynamic as individually based trees. I still have a whole box of Woodland Scenic trees so the next I make will be individually based but will have slots in separate forest section so I get the best of both worlds Smile

Shadowphx wrote:

Intact buildings are easier to make that ruins. Go on the internet and look for pictures of doors and windows. Print them out and glue that to your boxes. If you live in the USA, you can go to the Post Office and get boxes for free. Simple paint, and printed doors, windows, and such; and a town is born quickly.
l
Thanks, but I have made some paper buildings using the free samples from http://davesgames.net/ and they look really good. But I don't want to make too many as knowing how lazy I am that would be the ultimate death of my diy-housing project Embarassed . I have two wip buildings atm, hopefully I will be able to finish them soon.

Von Kurst: Thanks for the links, it was actually your campaign reports that got me thinking of playing EiF instead of regular Mordheim. Love your fluff!
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Apr 2013 - 0:12

For the individual trees being attached to a woodland base you could instead of slots that would still semi lock you into design you could magnetize your woodland bases and your trees so you have even more freedom and if you stand them up as individuals they won't tip as easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?   mordheim - Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire in flames, less terrain than Mordheim?
Page 1 of 1