Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Spell questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Spell questions Empty
PostSubject: Spell questions   Spell questions Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013 - 1:59

During a game this past weekend with my skaven friend, we had a couple of situations arise when using magic that neither one of us were sure about:

1 - If a wizard has a flight spell and wants to use it to get OUT of combat, does the model or models that he was in base contact with get a free attack? (i.e. would it in effect be similar to panic and run away where the enemies get 1 free swing at the panicking model before it flees) or can he simply just leave as it happens before hth. I could see either way, because he can fly into combat (and counts as charging) so why couldnt he sieze the initiative and fly out before the other guy can get a chance to swing?

2 - if you have an item or effect that allows re roll of one dice throughout the game or during the turn and you want to use it on a failed spell difficulty roll, does it apply to just one of the dice out of the 2d6, or do you re-roll both?

All opinions appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Spell questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell questions   Spell questions Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013 - 3:48

1. We had this come up years ago. One of the lads argued that withdrawing from combat is only possible through the optional fleeing rules as the rules specifically say that you may not leave combat. We follwed his interpretation for as long as he was part of the group, but I don't remember it being asked about since (like 7 or 8 years). I expect it might be one of those things that people just decide on the fly.

2. I don't see any grounds for re-rolling 2 dice with an item that only allows ONE die to be re-rolled.
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Spell questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell questions   Spell questions Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2013 - 11:57

I agree with Von Kurst's 1.
Quote :
I could see either way, because he can fly into combat (and counts as charging) so why couldnt he sieze the initiative and fly out before the other guy can get a chance to swing?
If models are base to base, they count as engaged. If they are engaged:
Quote :
Note that warriors cannot choose to leave a fight voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spell questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell questions   Spell questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spell questions
Page 1 of 1