Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 10:26

VAMPIRE - Catho Rovanov - Dagger, Sword

NECROMANCER - Ethaniel Bonepicker - Sword

DREGG - Gorit - Dagger, Club

DREGG - Baug - Dagger, Axe

DREGG - Varug - Spear

3x Ghouls

4x Zombies

1x Dire Wolf

Being undead, the Dire wolf group will be easy to enlarge after a game or two, as they earn no Xp and you cant powergame them thusly. Same goes for Zombies. If I want to have more ghouls, I could always make another group, but at least 3 seems likely to have in a group. It all depends on what rules we will be using, but as no one in our group is prone to powergaming, I think we do it by the normal rules.

I used Svenns wonderful warband roster creator for this one. Names are taken from the wonderful "Vampire Name Generator" and "Evil Name Generator" (form www.seventhsanctum.com) for the heroes, with some editing by myself.
Back to top Go down
Keylan
Champion
Champion
Keylan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 2:19

Hi everybody,

i just think about the lineup of my new skaven warband, already set the unit choises but feel unable to get happy with equipment.

Adept
Blackskaven
Blackskaven
Eshinsorc.
Nightrunner
Nightrunner

RatOrge

so i got 65gold for weapons and equipment.

i donnt need to equip 2 cc weapons each as we play with -1 to hit on dual wield, and improved cc-armor +1 on shield and buckler.

so far i thought about throwingstars on adapt and sling on all other guys for a total of 25gold

Single swords on runners and adept for 30 and last 10 gold for bucklers on the blackys.

Poor guys for sure but they need money to feed the big baby^^

Iam not realy happy with those equipment choises as it doesnt seem fluffy but its realy hard to equip 6 heros with 65 gold usefull and fluffy at once, so maybe some of u could give me advices?

Oh and no i wont remove the big baby i want to play Ratorge and 6 heros.

Thx a lot

Keylan
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 21:03

For your skaven i would drop the throwing knives and give everyone slings. Then give swords to the assasin, sorcerer and a black skaven. You could give your other black skaven a flail and then give the night runners each a club. I would try to get at least 5 giant rats as fodder before anything else.

And of course protect that rat ogre. I have played against many a skaven band who had saved up for one of these guys only to have them die within a few games. The first time anyone bought one in my group it didnt even make it into combat as my reiklander crossbowmen shot it to bits with a few lucky rolls. He seems tough, but he has a 33% chance of being gone if he goes down, do not forget that.
Back to top Go down
Keylan
Champion
Champion
Keylan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 23:38

5 giant rats (75 gold)

Flail?

my mayor concept ist the ogre and heros, there is no money for such giant rats, and for me a flail doesnt fit skavens, neither for efficancy (already got STR4 on the heros able to use flails) nor fluffwise. I would prefer spears, flails only fits to plague rat priests not to eshin assasins.

I know going only for 7 models with skaven is very unusual, but as i want to start a new gaming group ill try tom encourage all players to play on a way they like fluffwise and prevent power gaming. Going for skaven with 18 models all rats eqiuped with dagger and sling wount be mutch fun for most other players as u might know how powerfull those gangs are especialy in the first games, and as people dont know how to improve some of the simpler warbands with hired swords or clever henchman and weapon choises.

So i just wanted a usefull and fluffy 65 gold equipment for my 6 heros (with is already an advantage about all other warbands in the basic rulebook). Unfortunatly fluffy equipent for assasin and Black skavens isnt cheap, and nightrunners could realy use swors as low WS units realy benefit from parry.
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 23:49

my point about the rats was for after a game or two. you simply cant afford good 'fluffy' equipment to go with a rat ogre, so starting with pretty basic stuff is a lot safer
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 8:51

Keylan: I like the way you think. I would never use a flail for my skaven either (frankly, I dunno why it is even in the skaven equipment list to begin with), and spear is only befitting some clanrats I imagine.

Throwing stars, by the way, are GREAT if you get knife fighter skill. Combined with speed skills, your warrior can run around the battlefield faster than anyone (sprint, 18 or 15"), climb anywhere (Scale Sheer Surfaces), throwing knives and shurkines at everyone. Slings are only good at half distance, and if you move first to position yourself that way, you still get -1 to hit. Besides, Slings are S3, while shurikens are S as user.

Also, I have had several Skaven warbands that has managed without both Giant rats and a rat ogre. Seeing as they dont get Xp, the longer you play with a warband, the more expendable they get. I do like to throw in a handful of giant rats and a rat ogre for fluff reasons though, as I seriously like clan moulder Smile
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 1:21

There is no fluff or anti-fluff regarding Skaven + flails. Simple fact is they are just available to them to use as they are in WHFB. I can understand if you think they are less likely to be used by Clan Eshin rats than, say, Clan Moulder or something...I can see it being perfectly normal and not out of character for a brick of clan rats from most clans (or especially Stormvermin from any clan) to be throwing flails around and smashing some skulls in.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 16:43

sartori wrote:
There is no fluff or anti-fluff regarding Skaven + flails. Simple fact is they are just available to them to use as they are in WHFB. I can understand if you think they are less likely to be used by Clan Eshin rats than, say, Clan Moulder or something...I can see it being perfectly normal and not out of character for a brick of clan rats from most clans (or especially Stormvermin from any clan) to be throwing flails around and smashing some skulls in.

The fluff-discussion was intended for Skaven from clan Eshin. The other clans, especially Pestilens (with their giant flails of disease, also known as Plague Cencers) seem perfectly fluffy alongside a rusty flail.
Back to top Go down
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Elder
Elder
Katsuhiko JiNNai

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan 2010 - 15:41

After I read the rulebook, I'm considering to starting this marauders of chaos warband (Norse):

Ancient Khemri Cult of Harakhthe the Great God Hawk, Master of the Change.

NeRiGaL al-JiNN abd Harakhthe al Arabia, Chieftain w/hammer and sword= 108gc
Isis, Seer w/Mark of the Eagle, w/free dagger and hammer= 48gc
He'rur, Champion= w/free dagger and sword= 55gc
Tiamat, Champion= w/free dagger and steel whip= 60gc
Condemned= 55gc
Marauder w/free dagger and hammer= 38gc
4 Warhounds= 60gc

TOT= 500gc
Models= 12
Back to top Go down
http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.it/
Drongol
Youngblood
Youngblood
Drongol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan 2010 - 19:12

So, it's been a while since I've played Mordheim and I decided to give it another whirl. My little brother's been running a campaign for a while, and the missus has decided she'll play too, perhaps.

I'm planning on running an admittedly "off" Dwarf band using the rather exceptional Black Scorpion Dwarf Pirates. She'll be using a Night Goblin warband off Mordheimer.

Here's the Dwarf warband. Yes, it uses swords. And lots of black powder. I know.

Dwarf Noble: 110 gcs
-Pistol and Sword

Dwarf Engineer: 85 gcs
-Handgun

Troll Slayer: 65 gcs
-Axe, Sword

Troll Slayer: 60 gcs
-Sword

Thunderer: 65 gcs
-Pistol

Thunderer: 65 gcs
-Sword, Pistol

Clansman: 50 gcs
-Sword

Plans are to buy more pistols ASAP.

Night Goblins, using the rules on Mordheimer and spamming short bows. Squigs are, unfortunately, required--chicks dig squigs.

Big Boss: 53 gcs
-Club, Short Bow

Shaman: 58 gcs
-Club, Short Bow

Boss: 40 gcs
-Sword, Short Bow

Boss: 33 gcs
-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

Night Goblin: 23 gcs
-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

-Club, Short Bow

5 Cave Squigs: 75 gcs

Fanatic: 60 gcs
-Ball and Chain, Mad Cap Mushrooms

Any comments would be appreciated, although please note that I don't want to do a ton of converting on the Dwarf pirates.
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan 2010 - 21:16

Katsuhiko, your norse warband is fine, although you have too many warhounds and not enough marauders for my taste - but then i like to maximize my chances to get hero number six. The warhounds are at their best in the early games, so you should do fine. Your weapon choices are servicable, lots of hammers is pretty standard.
But i don´t get one thing: Why a Khemri Cult? I can´t see the connection....
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan 2010 - 21:24

Drongol, if you don´t want to convert but want to play "what you see is what you get" with your dwarf pirates there is not a lot we can say about it without knowing your available models.
The night goblins seem pretty maxed out - and with 17 models seem to be pretty strong for a starting warband. They will both outshoot and swarm your 7 dwarves in close combat - i fear you will not win very often even though your stats are better beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_wink .
Back to top Go down
Drongol
Youngblood
Youngblood
Drongol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan 2010 - 21:39

Horatius wrote:
Drongol, if you don´t want to convert but want to play "what you see is what you get" with your dwarf pirates there is not a lot we can say about it without knowing your available models.

Oh, I completely understand on that regard. There's a bit of converting I'm willing to do, however, I suppose that what I was trying to imply was that I fully intend on sticking with swords and pistols as primary weapons. I'm trying to figure out if I can't get the Engineer a brace of pistols instead of the handgun, since frankly it's not particularly useful, but I'm still awaiting the models.

Horatius wrote:
The night goblins seem pretty maxed out - and with 17 models seem to be pretty strong for a starting warband. They will both outshoot and swarm your 7 dwarves in close combat - i fear you will not win very often even though your stats are better beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_wink .

You are absolutely correct, and I'd like to point out that this is largely intentional. When playing against one's wife, it is best to play to lose. Wink

That said, I'm leaning towards removing the clubs from the Henchmen, who likely won't be charging anything, in favor of giving the Big Boss a great weapon. No particular reason why, aside from the fact that I'm using the Skull Pass boss for the model and he's got a great big moonstick thingy.
Back to top Go down
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Elder
Elder
Katsuhiko JiNNai

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010 - 12:12

Horatius wrote:
Katsuhiko, your norse warband is fine, although you have too many warhounds and not enough marauders for my taste - but then i like to maximize my chances to get hero number six. The warhounds are at their best in the early games, so you should do fine. Your weapon choices are servicable, lots of hammers is pretty standard.
But i don´t get one thing: Why a Khemri Cult? I can´t see the connection....

I'm not still sure about the Background of this warband, but an ancient
Tzeentch/Eagle cult from Khemri could give some idea... An ancient
Khemri sorcerer of Tzeentch reborn in modern times could create a
warband for his enigmatic objectives... or could be a secret and ancient cult on Arabia, than still use Khemri style with an high priest (or priestess)...

In fact I will use some arabian miniatures for the troops and egyptian (not undead) miniatures for the heroes... my warhounds are lions and hyenas.
Back to top Go down
http://therealmofjinnai.blogspot.it/
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 15:04

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice for my starting Carnival of Chaos.
I have prepared two lists...

LIST 1 - 497 gc
83 - Carnival Master - Sword and Mace
75 - Brute - Two handed weapon
75 - Tainted one - Sword, Bloated Foulness
60 - Tainted one - Sword, Cloud of Flies

28 - Bretheren - Mace
28 - Bretheren - Mace
28 - Bretheren - Mace
45 - 3 Nurgling

List 2 - 497gc
83 - Carnival Master - Sword and Mace
75 - Tainted one - Sword, Bloated Foulness
60 - Tainted one - Sword, Cloud of Flies

38 - Bretheren - Mace and Short bow
15 - Nurgling

Basically I guess the question is, is it worth having more nurglings (who I envisioned just getting in the way of charges onto my carnival master and tainted ones by 'intercepting') or to have some shooting in the warband?

Any advice etc is welcome

Hwd
Back to top Go down
Heart
Warrior
Warrior
Heart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 15:52

My Mob: Gargutz Koppkloppaz

Heros

Boss: Gargut Armbrecha -Helm
-Bow
-Dagger
-Club

Shaman: Krom Sohn des Gork -Dagger
-Club

Big'un: Warar Nasenbrecher -Dagger
-Club

Big'un: Skarcag Koppkaua -Dagger
-Club

Henchmen

Orcboyz (5): Da Boyz -Daggers
-Clubs

Goblins (2): Da Treibaz -Squig Prodders
-Daggers
-Short Bows

Squigs (2): Da Mampfaz

Orcboy (1): Da Irre (Da loon) Dagger x2

GC: 499

I know "Da Loon" could have a club and dagger instead of just two daggers, but i wanted him to be a real psychotiv charakter.
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 16:22

@Heart: I'm afraid the club is not a valid weapon for an Orc... It's not on their equipment list. You could house-rule it of course : )
Back to top Go down
Heart
Warrior
Warrior
Heart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 16:33

Well the officiall errata (downloadable at gw's homepage) says: Page 9, Orc Equipment Lists
"Add a club at 3gc to the list of hand-to-hand combat weapons available to the Orcs."

referring to page 9 of Mortheim Annual 2002, of course
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 18:31

Heart wrote:
Well the officiall errata (downloadable at gw's homepage) says: Page 9, Orc Equipment Lists
"Add a club at 3gc to the list of hand-to-hand combat weapons available to the Orcs."

referring to page 9 of Mortheim Annual 2002, of course

OK, my bad... beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_rolleyes
My sincere apologies!
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 18:59

hwd, i would go with your first list. The nurglings are there to screen your other models from ranged attacks - they will die quite often but are cheap enough to be easily affordable. And if the enemy charges them cloud of flies makes them hard to hit. Just line up your brutes for a countercharge and have fun beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_wink .
The bows are a good idea too, just not for a starting warband. After your first battle you get shortbows for five gc instead of ten (the price everyone else is paying). So wait a bit and then buy them for some supporting fire.

Heart, your orcs are fine. The warband is pretty maxed out, lots of tough orcs with minimum equipment and some gobbos and squigs for fun. Depending on your opponents you might even want to take less models, 14 is pretty strong for a starting warband. Unless you get really unlucky with your animosity die rolls most opponents will struggle against such a large warband. It all depends on what your gaming group is like, if everyone maxes out their warbands that is fine.
Back to top Go down
Heart
Warrior
Warrior
Heart

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010 - 19:30

@Jadex: Your Insolence shall be forgiven beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_lol

@Horatius: Depends, this is a list i want to use in a campaign, which is played only be wargame veterans, i'm pretty sure they know what i am going to do, and i think i know what they are going to do, but, its a game after all, and i want to have some fun, and i hope my victims... errr i mean fellow gamers will have some fun too beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 20:01

Hey guys,

I'm planning to start a Skaven warband. I wanted something else that the ordinary Clan Eshin warband, so I did some research. I found this Clan Mors list on Strike To Stun.
So basically, this is just the list from the Mordheim rulebook with some exceptions;
- All Heroes have movement 5, they aren't Ninja's y'know! Razz
- The Claw Leader has a special skill which allows him to add +1 to his dice score to see who sets up first
- They have access to Skaven Slaves (I don't like these at all, which is why I didn't include them!)
- The rest is basically the same

I chose this list for fluff and conversion reasons, and because I haven't seen anyone do a Clan Mors warband before. Smile

So enough babbling for now, here's the list!

Skaven Clan Mors warband

HEROES

Claw Leader [70gc]
/ Sword, free dagger.

Stormvermin [55gc]
/ Flail, free dagger.

Stormvermin [55gc]
/ Flail, free dagger.

Mors Sorcerer [55gc]
/ Halberd, free dagger.

Young Claw [25gc]
/ Club, sling, free dagger.

Young Claw [25gc]
/ Club, sling, free dagger.

HENCHMEN

3 Clan Rats [75gc]
/ Clubs, slings, free daggers.

3 Clan Rats [75gc]
/ Clubs, slings, free daggers.

2 Clan Rats [56gc]
/ Spears, shields, free daggers.

TOTAL: [491gc]
TOTAL MODELS: 14

What do you guys think? C&C is highly appreciated! Smile

Last edited by Pfreck on Fri 5 Feb 2010 - 18:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 21:04

Looks good and swarmy....you could afford 4 more slings tho
Back to top Go down
Exodite
Warrior
Warrior
Exodite

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Beastmen Raiders list 1.0   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb 2010 - 5:01

It's been a long time since I last played Mordheim (over 5 years) but
with a campaign recently started at the local store I'm looking to get
started as soon as possible. While I'm not firm on a warband choice yet
I am currently leaning towards the Beastmen Raiders; the new models are
amazing and I'm looking forward to the conversions to give them the
appropriate gear. My main concerns are the lack of ranged firepower and
that playing a melee centered army in a campaign that's already
underway might leave me too vulnerable to be able to reasonably
compete. Any suggestions on list changes, general beastmen tactics, and
surviving as an new warband in an experienced campaign would be
appreciated!

Heroes: 5
65 + 6 x 1 Chieftan (Hammer x2)
45 + 6 x 1 Shaman (Hammer x2, undetermined spell)
45 + 6 x 2 Beastigor (Hammer x2)
80 + 6 x 1 Centigor (Hammer x2)
Total: 310

Henchmen: 8
35 + 3 x 3 Gor (Hammer, Dagger)
15 + 0 x 5 Warhound
Total: 189
Combined Total: 499
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb 2010 - 21:08

Dmig wrote:
Looks good and swarmy....you could afford 4 more slings tho
Thanks for the reply Dmig,

Yeah I know, but I wanna try to keep it down with the slings.. I thought 8 of them should be enough, but not too many to have complaining opponents.. Wink

What is your opinion about the Skavenslaves? I think the idea is nice, but it would look a little weird to have different races into a Skaven warband.. It doesn't really float my boat. But of course the Skavenslaves could also be weaker Skaven from different clans.. Hmm might try that out..

I'll post some alternative lists soon. Smile

@ Exodite: I don't really have any experience playing Beastmen, nor I have playing other warbands.. I really need to play more.. Razz But I think Matt or other forum members would be pleased to help you with your list!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   beastmen - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next