Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Empty
PostSubject: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 17:54

When I determine the XP pool for replacing/adding new Ogre Henchmen, do I count the current XP level as 5 or do I count it in each increment of .5 (as the Ogres earn half the XP as everyone else).

For example, my Ogre Henchmen have 5 XP. It took 10XP to get there. Would I determine the cost(in gold crowns) for the XP using 5 or 10?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:06

I find Ostland Ogre "slow witted" rule a bit confusing so add my own question. What's the way of calculating xp after battle (and getting advances):
a) If ogre get's 4xp I mark two boxes on his card.
b) If ogre get's 4xp I mark four boxes on his card but first "advance box" is lost?
What is correct?
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 23:43

The way that I understand it is that those 4 xp points count for .5 xp each. So it would be 2 XP. That makes it twice as difficult to level them up.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 18:35

Gaining exp for all the slow wited models I consider it +.5 so I mark the boxes with a "/" for the 1st and then make it an "X" for the 2nd. thus takes twice as long to advance.

I have no idea on adding to the experianced group though.
I would treat it as "each filled box" thus after 10 exp that translates into 5 exp I would treat that the same as 5 Exp like normal warriors.
Back to top Go down
Arli
Veteran
Veteran
Arli

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 22:16

That is how I would play it as well.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 0:27

+1 if I can ever get an ogre henchman to live...

\I couldn't figure out how one would have the opportunity to add ogres, but I forgot there are ogre warbands, doh!

Still it doesn't seem that hard to adapt. It costs 2 gc per experience right? So if an ogre earns .5 exp that should cost 1 gc when you add another ogre to the group.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 1:21

I was the same as you, VK. I was only thinking of the Osterlanders which can get a single Ogre henchman. It finally clicked that there are Ogre warbands like the Ogre Maneaters from BTB. Laughing

I agree with how Pervavita has explained it. That is simple and easy to apply without having to remember special rules specific to Ogres and other dim witted henchmen. VK, your explicit clarification of 1 gc for 0.5 xp makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen   Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiring/replacing Ogre Henchmen
Page 1 of 1