Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP

Go down 
+8
Stronzo
Bolbotos
floedebolle
folketsfiende
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Spectre76
skipspence
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012 - 0:44

You're becoming prolific...or addicted; take your pick. Both the Charming Little Nurgling & the Big Nasty look GREAT. You're work is getting progressively better. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

Don't sweat the hasty job; you can always go back & neaten him/it up...we work in a very forgiving medium. What a Face
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012 - 1:55

Thanks, this guy was a bit of an experiment to try and get used to the green stuff. Was a lot of fun and often the bits I though would be easiest proved the hardest Very Happy

but here he is completed:

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0292ey
By skipspence at 2012-08-11

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0294gge
By skipspence at 2012-08-11

I'll take a better picture tomorrow when the sun is up and one of the whole troupe.

Skip
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012 - 12:06

VERY COOL in a twisted sort of way. He reminds me of the Sack Head Killers fro West Wind I did awhile ago. The basing & brushwork are GREAT...the flail is especially nice. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012 - 12:22

Thanks! I would love to see those sack head killers models, have you got somewhere with pictures uploaded? if not, throw one into this thread for me to have a look at, if you would be so kind Very Happy.

Started work on a plague bearer, as usual he is currently drowning in a wash, so perfect time for a photo hehe. Not going to have time to finish him before we get our game on this afternoon, but will suffice should I get enough gold to buy a plague bearer or my second Tainted one.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0297wx

and thanks for the support, certainly adds to the motivation to paint!

Skip
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2012 - 13:05

He has a certain disgusting charm about him. VERY NICE WORK! thumbsup

You can see the Sack Heads & Pumpkin F(r)iends here...towards the bottom of the page:

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4674p375-maudeheim-environs-updated-08-02-12

clown
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 12:03

Well had an almighty gaming sessions yesterday, the troupe got utterly smashed apart! Facing off against a brutal Beastmen warband that had more the same amount of chaos hounds as I had members. in three games I don't think my friend got a single hero in melee combat as his hounds just ripped everything apart.

Here are some pictures of my Warband in their current state of completion. I was amazed to see that my Nurgling on the bouncing ball, despite being taken out of combat in three games, refused to die! just suffering from a very punctured bouncy ball, need to model some plasters onto the ball I think, one for each time he's been taken out of action and survived.

Brave nurglings facing off the chaos hound hunting pack!
Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 20120812141858
By skipspence at 2012-08-13

and some Troupe Poses
Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 20120812171816

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 20120812171857

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 20120812171915
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 12:35

Your Troupe of Rogues looks TERRIFIC in action..there is something about placing minis in their natural surroundings that enhances both the minis & the terrain. VERY COOL LOOKING! thumbsup

Once your Amigo gets some paint on his War Hounds they'll start losing...it's the nature on mini mayhem. Suspect
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:39

Yeah, Hopefully! I took a gamble with a minimum size warband while he went for the super cheap super fast route, scary!

My friend, Pidge has a lovely painted Possessed warband! I keep telling him to post them up. He will sometime I'm sure! Not sure when he'll get around to painting the Beastmen, I think the sisters of Sigmar he's planning will come first, he's just waiting for some more models to arrive Smile

We have quite a nice collection of warbands between us now (Middenheimer, Reiklanders, Undead, Skaven, Beastmen, Carnival of Chaos, Possessed, Sisters of Sigmar). Plenty to keep us busy painting, which is important.

Here's a sneak peak at his possessed, hoping it will encourage him to post Very Happy

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Cotswold2012062100415

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:06

That is a VERY COOL mini...at least when painted as nicely as that one. I would imagine under less harsh lighting he/it looks even better. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Do encourage your friend to post photos; there is nothing quite as motivating as positive feedback from your peers. What a Face
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:20

Been thinking about what to do for my second tainted one. I'm going to get the Bretonnian jester.

But I have forming in my mind an idea of a mini.

If you can imagine a Punch & Judy show tent.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Punch_&_judy_hut

With a slug like tail coming out underneath it to the back, Like Jabba the Hutt or Alice in wonder land Caterpillar tail. The whole Puppet tent bulging in the middle from the size of the creature hiding in side and a monstrous face hiding in the shadow at the back of the window with two little hands up with puppets on each hand.

I've not fully worked out what to make this from or the materials yet. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated Smile

Skip
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:36

I like that idea. If you think about it, Punch & Judy are pretty scary looking puppets with a certain similarity to the Chaos Carney Folk...minus the boils & rot. AND their style of humor is based an violence. Sounds like a perfect match...of course, I might have to steal the concept now. clown
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:46

Go for it! Would love to see your interpretation of the idea. Time to get thinking myself.

tum de tum
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 12:11

Well I finished the plague bearer last night but thought I'd wait for the sun (or what passes for sunshine here in England Very Happy) to take a photo.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0307ol
By skipspence at 2012-08-14

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0311fj
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 13:10

Despite looking like a Poster Boy for a Leper Colony, he still looks like a snappy dresser...that's a pretty plucky attitude. The brushwork & basing are up to your high standards. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 14:28

Just finished my Nurgling playing in the troupes supply of juggling balls.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0313eg

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0314fm

Just need to neaten up his base now and then he's good to go join his buddies.

Skip
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 14:46

That's GREAT! You're developing a real flair for capturing the lighter side of Nurgle Guys...adding charm & humor to The Plague ain't easy. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Bolbotos
Veteran
Veteran
Bolbotos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:19

lol
cool idea and good realisation
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012 - 16:04

Just finished another Brethren.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0321qy

Ordered a Plague cart which I'm eagerly looking forward to painting, not so sure I'm looking forward to putting it together though!

Skip
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 1:48

And my Final Brethren. Saving the duplicate Brethren I got in the box for a Conversion for a Lads Got Talent Brethren.

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Img0327qi

So I think that is all the Carnival I have to paint done until the cart arrives and I'm ready to do my conversion Smile

Skip
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 1:52

Both of your new Brethren are VERY COOL,,,the last one exceptionally so. The colors you chose for the Troupe fit the background perfectly. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 9:01

Aaw, the juggling ball nurgling is terrific. What a playful little fellow - you kind of want to give him a hug, but I guess it's a good idea to get the hazmat suit on first...
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012 - 11:31

Give him a hug! I need another Plague Bearer for my warband, so you contracting Nurgle Rot seems like a good way to go Very Happy

@Deaf Thanks, the henchmen are very interesting models to paint, which is something you don't get to say about henchmen very often! The colour scheme is pretty much stolen from the GW models but muted a little. I particularly like the caterpillars/maggots that cling to the last ones body. Took me a long time t work out what they were though.

Skip
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 8:33

skipspence wrote:
Give him a hug! I need another Plague Bearer for my warband, so you contracting Nurgle Rot seems like a good way to go Very Happy
Not sure I would make a good plaguebearer, would probably go out of action and die first game, after being taken out by a crossbow while wandering around cluelessly...
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 11:13

Cool, disturping yet funny looking crew Very Happy I really like seeing different takes on CoC warbands Smile I like the way you lean in the direction of the original look, as seen on the GW page, and yet gives it your own repulsive twist Smile

As for the brethren Lad, (who tends to end up being a really cool hero in my experience) you might want to consider giving him a crossbow and access to shooting skills to go with it Wink I have had loads of success with the extra fire power to cover my charge Smile
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012 - 12:19

That would be quite a useful hero, though I was thinking of going for academic/speed, Thought I'd try and make him into the troupes magician. Which would also help out a lot with Wyrdstone hunting and looking for rare items rather than use the much harder to gain level ups from my Carnival Master.

But a trick shot show would also be most welcome within the carnival Very Happy The brethren models are very nice, with the exception of their pose being identical .

I loved the Red/Yellow combination, it have a strong Jovial feel to it. One thing I did not like on the GW look, was that all the cloth looked like they used it for dinner napkins and just wiped their mouths on them and did not really look really dirty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP   Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skip Carnival of Chaos WIP
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next