Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hired sword choices for beastmen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NA2KGT
Youngblood
Youngblood
NA2KGT

Trading Reputation : 0

Hired sword choices for beastmen Empty
PostSubject: Hired sword choices for beastmen   Hired sword choices for beastmen Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:12

I have a compiled list of hired swords and some say "may only be hired by Humans etc" or "Skaven only"

I was wondering how you guys go about hired swords for Beastmen. My team plays Beastmen as "chaotic of Chaos followers, as such I get stuff like Witch, Warlock, etc. My question is thoughts on the Dark Elf Apprentice Assassin. We use the official and unofficial warbands and very little house rules and try to stick to the core book as much as possible, but we do have a dark elf player sometimes so I vouched for my Beastmen hiring a DE assassin. Thoughts, comments, grumbles?

Noone in my group has outwardly shot the idea down I just wanted a second opinion Smile

Thanks!
_Hank
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hired sword choices for beastmen   Hired sword choices for beastmen Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:36

in my group we made up these 3 for the beastmen:

Gough Horn Manhunter. Same stats and rules as a pitfighter from the core book exept for +1 Movement and -1 Initiative.

Woodland Ogre. Exactly the same rules and stats as the ogre bodyguard, except it can only be hired by beastmen

Ungor Scout. a halfling scout but with -1 initiative, - 2 leadership and +1 toughness and +1 movement.

Pics here
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hired sword choices for beastmen   Hired sword choices for beastmen Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012 - 17:16

We allow the Beasts to hire the same general list you cite: warlock, witch, etc.

I wasn't aware the Dark Elf wasn't on the list. To us he is so Beasts can hire him.

We also added the made for chaos hired swords the Cursed Hillman and the Chaos Emissary. They are expensive but not over or under powered for the price.
Back to top Go down
NA2KGT
Youngblood
Youngblood
NA2KGT

PostSubject: Re: Hired sword choices for beastmen   Hired sword choices for beastmen Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:54

Thanks for the quick responses! Smile I'll bring it up to the group tomorrow night! My DE assassin is gunna be sneaky sneaky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hired sword choices for beastmen   Hired sword choices for beastmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hired sword choices for beastmen
Page 1 of 1