Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...

Go down 
+3
Von Kurst
AlexBware
Lanyssa Ryssyll
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

[Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Empty
PostSubject: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009 - 15:45

I've some trouble with the equipement of the pit fighter, I remembered some confusion when Matt's Krackatoar was sold to the pit during the Boring Meetup, and the same happened last week with a teammate, we don't know exactly how to use this hired sword because :
- he carries a morning star, +1S during the first round of battle, two-handed weapon.
- he carries a spiked gauntlet, which count as a buckler and a melee weapon (like the sword I imagine).
I wanna be sure about what I've supposed about that :
- he can fight with the morning star only, and not parry/have another attack.
- he can fight with the spiked gauntlet, and parry, but not have another attack.
So he has to choose between the parry and +1S on the first round, is it right?
And after this round, he must choose logically to use the spiked gauntlet...

I find it a little bit strange, what about your opinion? Am I right? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AlexBware
Captain
Captain
AlexBware

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009 - 17:01

The morningstar is a singlehanded weapon - so he can attack with both Very Happy - or he might be able to, since the weapon only allows shields to be used in the other hand.
However - the spiked gauntlet is a special weapon/buckler, so I would rule as an exception to the normal rule for morningstars (as heroes can't learn to use it)...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009 - 17:11

One of those pesky rules thingys alright. The Morningstar is a single hand weapon but it has that fiddly rule Difficult to use. This rule allows a shield but not an additional hand weapon.

My evil group allows the Pit Fighter to use both with all their abilities because he comes with them. The Pit Fighter could definitely parry with the gauntlet no matter what. I see it as one of those 'oh dear' moments Tomas most have had so often once the rules were published.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009 - 17:31

This is a one off situation that can not be applied to other warbands. The PF is allowed to use both.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009 - 17:45

Okay, that's what I feared !
So, a pit fighter using his 2 weapons has +1A, +1S for the attack with morgenstern, and can parry? affraid

cheers my new hired sword, come on !!!

PS: thanks a lot dudes ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 18:32

Is the extra attack included in the profile? I hate that they do that cause I'm never sure if just how many attacks henchmen and DP models actually get because it doesn't seem consistent!
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 18:36

Quote :
Is the extra attack included in the profile?

no, so green pit fighter is:

2 attacks with morning star
1 attack with sword (gauntlet)
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 18:59

hero wrote:

I think just Possessed, Ghouls and Rat Ogre are in that case, because they are "unarmed" Smile
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 20:06

There's a fairly exhaustive discussion of this issue 5 threads below this one.
Edit: found here: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/the-pitfighter-spiked-gauntlet-t1646.htm

Lanyssa Ryssyll wrote:
hero wrote:
I think just Possessed, Ghouls and Rat Ogre are in that case, because they are "unarmed" Smile
I know Veskit has the annoying "extra attack included in profile" business going on. I'm not sure if any others do. It is a really obnoxious inconsistency in the way information is presented.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...   [Hired sword] About the pit-fighter... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Hired sword] About the pit-fighter...
Page 1 of 1