Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
loche451
Youngblood
Youngblood
loche451

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Empty
PostSubject: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 18:21

Greetings. Thanks for setting this forum up, it is terrific. I found this forum after viewing Cianty's wargaming ship resource in 2009. In 2010 I started building up my wargaming army. This year has been all about scenery. This forum has been the best help, although I have found a few useful things elsewhere like terragenesis and Lead Adventurers forum, this is the only one I am registering at though.

When I was in highschool, fantasy roleplay was one of my most favorite things. Now that my business is stable and I have less stress and more money, I started getting back into the roleplay environment. About 12 months ago I was lucky enough to find a small group of like minded roleplayers and have been back in the saddle, as it were, since then.

We are playing Warhammer Fantasy 1st ed and may soon adopt some of the rules from 2 ed, but we are going through Doomstones with myself as the GM. I am on GM/sabbatical right now getting terrain ready for 3rd Doomstones 'Deathrock'.

I wont win any awards from painting minis or doing terrain, they are more along the lines of functional role-playing aids and I am not above using the plastic DnD minis for some elementals for ex.

As it stands, my roleplay arsenal consists of about 30 paper buildings, 7 ships, and got to be al teast 500 minis- geared for role play and not fanatasy battle. I am about 80% finished with a Coaching Inn straight from the warhammer fantasy rule book. It is modular and collapse able being made with pins and magnets. Over 5 foot long!! Those coaching inns are huge!

Cianty got me started with the ships. I did quite a few paper buildings before just hunkering down and making playable ones. I expect Ill have quite a few things to photo and post ....and all I can say is that it is largely because of the boring forum that I have having a great time modeling.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 19:43

I am the biggest fan of WFRP 1e on the planet. 2e was the biggest entertainment let-down of my life, by a long-shot, followed by Star Wars ep. 1-3 and Halo 2. It simply can't be beat. It's a perfect game.

So, naturally, I found my way to Mordheim, too. It's sort of the combat aspect of WFRP that made me like it; generally, my players and I prefer mystery and intrigue to combat, but if you want combat, then Mordheim's perfect: It's like controlling a party of PCs!

Welcome to the forums, and nice to have you here.

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 20:57

I actually like 2e myself. But did not scale in power well. You own a business in Sac? Can i ask what? I grew up in the Napa area and have a lot of friends in and around sac now.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 23:18

It certainly seems like you're enjoying your return to gaming. SO...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet Oh-So-Cool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY! cheers
Back to top Go down
loche451
Youngblood
Youngblood
loche451

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011 - 0:55

BalrogTheBuff wrote:
I actually like 2e myself. But did not scale in power well. You own a business in Sac? Can i ask what? I grew up in the Napa area and have a lot of friends in and around sac now.

Yeah- Im an independant financial planner. Used to teach classes all through northern CA through the Dept of Real Estate. Its how I built my book of business.

We were thinking about 2ed wfrp mostly for some of the combat rules but as a group havent hit an accord as of yet. I have most of the 2ed books- makes for good source materials.

Ill check out the mordheim rules as well, will have some pertinence Im sure. See, Deathrock has a battle sequence in the end that can handle some 200-500 orky types in a siege. Now all I reallyhave to worry about is what is directly in front of the PCs but still might be fun to have a handle on group type rules. Im cutting my teeth in the modeling because I think it would be super cool to have the Aerie built out for some of the combat.

Yes- definitely enjoying the RPing, nice to finally be able to do it again.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011 - 0:20

Welcome to Tom's, loche451!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA   Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longtime lurker - New Member - from CA
Page 1 of 1