Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Exploration

Go down 
+2
folketsfiende
Grimtoof
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimtoof
Hero
Hero
Grimtoof

Trading Reputation : 0

exploration - Exploration Empty
PostSubject: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 7:44

It says roll 1 d6 for each hero who SURVIVES the battle. Does this mean goes through a game without being taken out of action? Or does it mean if the hero does not roll a 1 and then a 1-5 when taken out of action, he can search?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 10:03

Only those not taken ooa can search, which also goes for rare item searches. See p93 of the pdf-rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Grimtoof
Hero
Hero
Grimtoof

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 17:04

urgh another thing that favours ranged warbands, just great. -_-
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 19:07

Really? I think i usually played as long as their injuries do not make them miss a battle (or miss out on living) they can search for rare items etc. They cannot do exploration though.

Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 20:59

BalrogTheBuff wrote:
Really? I think i usually played as long as their injuries do not make them miss a battle (or miss out on living) they can search for rare items etc. They cannot do exploration though.

P103 of the rulebook:
"Warriors taken out of action during the last battle may not look for rare items."
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 22:46

affraid I wonder if I actually have played that way or not...
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 2:30

If you are having a lot of problems with ranged warbands dominating, you may not be playing with enough terrain.

Of course, if you are allowing the various shadow elf/wood elf warbands, they do tend to be overpowered (not necessarily because of their range). Lots of terrain helps balance ranged and melee advantages.

Another thing that often makes ranged warbands seem to powerful is actually a mistake, where people apply the melee rules for striking knocked down and stunned targets to ranged attacks. Those rule do NOT apply to ranged attacks - so, for example, if you fire a crossbow at a stunned opponent your chances of taking him out of action are exactly the same as if he was on his feet running about - you have to roll to hit, roll to wound, and then roll a 5 or 6 on the injury table to take him out.

Sorry - I am not answering your original question (others have), but responding to your comment in your second post.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 5:28

@BalrogTheBuff... I think that my gaming group played for a long way that all surviving heroes (e.g. available to fight another battle) could add a dice to the exploration until we discovered that we were wrong. Income suddenly became a lot harder to come by!!!

@mweaver... Grimtoof has already started a thread with a good discussion around the power of ranged attacks and Grimtoof has confirmed that his group isn't making that mistake. It was worth you mentioning though as it is a VERY common mistake (even my gaming group made that mistake for many years!! Embarassed ).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 23:10

Grimtoof wrote:
urgh another thing that favours ranged warbands, just great. -_-

this
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jul 2011 - 5:59

Sorry - had been away for awhile and did not notice that thread before posting on this one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exploration   exploration - Exploration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploration
Page 1 of 1