Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Battle Reports

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 2:47

I was doing a quick look through here, but I was not sure of the best way to do a battle report here. So I figured I'd ask and if I need correction, then I would like to get it done first before I started something.

1. What is the appropriate designation for battle reports vs. fluff.
2. Is there a formatting preference?
3. How detailed do bat-reps need to be? I tend to get pretty involved in games and only take a few pics and a run down of what has happened, with a write up of the post battle sequence.
4. Anything else I should know? I know each forum has a bit different way of doing it, so I figured I'd ask and do it right rather then do it wrong and well...do it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 3:33

I would be surprised to learn that there is a preferred way of doing things here. A cursory look through almost any thread will show a variety of styles, graphic presentation and detail. Messing with the color of the text is not encouraged especially if it makes the text illegible. Avoid using red text because that is the color of the mods.

I use italic text for the body of the report and plain text for explanations of post game outcomes.

If photos are included you will get points. If they aren't people will still look at what you have written. You can include any detail you like. I like insight into how others play the game so I like to read turn by turn reports. But I tend to write narrative reports about games, because I love the stories that a campaign can inspire.

Generally if a person just wants to write a story (fluff) about thier characters or warband they indicate that in the thread's title, but sometimes they don't.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 15:16

There is one DEFINITE, ABSOLUTE TABOO; i.e., DO NOT use alternate/strange colored font...it makes reading annoying/impossible! To a lesser degree try to avoid using profanity as much as possible. Other than that you are free to express yourself however you'd like. What a Face

As my Esteemed Fellow Forumite, Von Kurst, mentioned photos GREATLY enhance both pure fictional works, aka fluff, & Battle Reports; i.e., actual games. Brief reports with or without photos are fine; early morning is a fine time to stare a photos without all that reading...cuts down on lip movement. You will, however, find a greater response to either in proportion to your efforts in narration & photography.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 19:28

What Von Kurst said.

And yeah.. he he... no red font for you. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 22:37

Uhhh, cianty showing off ;D
Back to top Go down
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul 2011 - 0:39

Thank you for the responses. I'll probably do something tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Reports   Battle Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Reports
Page 1 of 1