Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

2 Mordheim battle reports

Go down 
+3
Earthcrosser599
dwi
pancreasboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pancreasboy
Champion
Champion
pancreasboy

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

2 Mordheim battle reports Empty
PostSubject: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 3:41

Well 2 games of Mordheim were run last Saturday.

1st game was with Michael and his stumpy dwarves, whilst the second was with David and his speedy gonzales skaven, whilst I was playing the carnival for both games.

First game saw the dwarves and carnival bump into each other after discovering that they had been camping near each other overnight. But some sneaky thieves had stolen all their weapons during their slumber and the warbands had no alternative but either have a fist fight or quickly search the nearby buildings for their stolen items.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05777

On the cart's side of the river the Carnival pretty much found their equipment post haste, whilst the dwarves without the comfort of their crossbows, snailed their way towards the watermill.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05779

By the end of the game, the dwarves were holding their own with their fists and even though a cart ran through the middle of a ferocious melee (which did more damage to the Carnivale lol), they decided to call it quits when their fists grew too bloody and bruised.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05781

But once again the cart brought amusement to the table going out of control through the river and straight into a nearby tower.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05783

Second game found the Carnival in cahoots with Nicodemus as he had discovered he had dropped his lucky wan whilst bathing in the River Stir. Problem was the local Skaven clan had caught wiff of his odor and had joined in for the race for this rare prize.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05785

Once again the cart (fully laden with heroes and Nicodemus) went for a drive by ram straight through a Vermikin on the bridge, but the little bugga survived even though he took a hit.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05787

Meanwhile the Skaven and their insane speed, got to Nicodemus's wand first (a black skaven dressed as Superman).

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05788

Realising they had misjudged the Skaven's speed the Carnival's cart applied the lash and gave chase. Unfortunately the cart lost control again and went horse first into the nearby watertower, and everyone on board decided to make a hasty exit whilst on the move, this embarrsingly left the Carnival Master and Nicodemus face first on the pavement.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05789

Cackling to themselves the Skaven protected SuperRat's retreat off the board and picked off some of the Carnival's stragglers.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05792

With one last ditch effort Nicodemus tried to shoot down SuperRat whilst the rest of the Carnival tried in desperation to rout the rats.

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05793

Unfortunately the Skaven went Black Fury and ripped the Carnival into pieces before exiting the board with their new 100gc wand!!!

2 Mordheim battle reports DSC05795

And following the Carnival's record pitiful hero casualty history they lost 2 heroes (totaling around 120gc) whilst only finding 50gc Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.phpbbserver.com/wyrdstoneshards
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 5:39

I wanted too do a CC Warband but I just don'd have the kind of mony for this sort of thing.I mean the best Icould hope for is geting the Carnival Master and two Nergilngs for 20 bucks on Ebay!!!Mad

But on topic the battle reports are gerate but if I was playing the Dwarfs I would have found my weapons!Very Happy

Oh and keep this up I want too here more,and my new tought of the day is:
What dose it mean too win anyway are we all no't winners in are way?
Back to top Go down
Earthcrosser599
Hero
Hero
Earthcrosser599

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 6:33

That McDonalds sign on the cart made my day. Hopefully you'll get better results for gold in your next game.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 15:49

Go SuperRat! A very funny report, lots of slapstick and silly antics.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 16:35

The Golden Arches ARE a VERY in character thing for the followers of Nurgle, AND could that Caped Rodent be, in reality, none other than MIGHTY MOUSE?!
COOL BATTLE REPORT! The Terrain has a certain SteamPunkiness to it that I, for one, LOVE! Keep'em Coming! Karate
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009 - 18:50

That's a pretty cool table you got there. I like the windmill piece. The terrain looks a little too spread apart for my personal tastes though. Smile

Question: I noticed a snack bowl next to the table. What was in it? :-P
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
pancreasboy
Champion
Champion
pancreasboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 0:49

lol Svenn (it was Salt and Vinegar chips, not my favourite btw)

Yeah I have a superhero theme, for my skaven (eg my leader is Ratman, 2 Black Skaven are SuperRat and Spawn, Night Runners are Robin and SpiderRat and then others I have are Green Lantern [holding a green lantern Very Happy], the Flash [who got run over by the cart], Danger Mouse, IronRat, Thor, Captain America, and the rat ogre is The Hulk, etc, blah, blah, blah...

And yeah my maccas nurgle has heap of slogans like "Would you like flies with that?", "Chew and Spew", "Good time, great flakes", etc, etc

and by request from the Skaven player we had the sparse terrain (he's from Warhammer so I don't think he's used to so much terrain on the board), but yeah I'm making it a steampunk theme to fit in with all games (ie even scifi games, but especially Warmachine).
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 1:47

@PB...you guys got some new terrain?

Did I see the the plague cart driving over a fence??? I am guessing it is a 4 x4?
Back to top Go down
pancreasboy
Champion
Champion
pancreasboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 2:03

hey Bank,

good to hear from u again.

Nah no fence raming, it prefers solid buildings Smile

and yeah new terrain, next will be a electrical research station (telsor style), and a train station (more for Warmachine). Then I'll do the train and a few ships.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitimeFri 1 May 2009 - 2:07

Nice terrain.

Hope all is going well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Mordheim battle reports   2 Mordheim battle reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 Mordheim battle reports
Page 1 of 1