Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

How to make steel whips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
siredge
Captain
Captain
siredge

Trading Reputation : 0

How to make steel whips Empty
PostSubject: How to make steel whips   How to make steel whips Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 16:33

HI all

I just recently acquired a Sisters of Sigmar warband and I was wondering how some of you converted the models to have steel whips. I am just looking for some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: How to make steel whips   How to make steel whips Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 17:42

I simply glued together parts of Chaos flails or flagellant chains and added an appropriate tip (a chaos star in my case at is was for a marauder beastmaster). I recently got a BitzBox bargain bag which contained amidst all the rubish (it was the first an only one I'll buy, I think) some kind of lizardman standard top which looks like it could make for a cool alternative steel whip.
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: How to make steel whips   How to make steel whips Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 18:20

When I made a fallen sister hired sword, I used a thickish piece of wire and then tightly coiled a thin wire around it, and topped the thing off with a spike. Here's the result:

How to make steel whips Sister10

It's a cheap, easy way to make them, although they don't look so much like the segmented/spikey steel whips we're used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make steel whips   How to make steel whips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make steel whips
Page 1 of 1