Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Co possesed tactic help!

Go down 
+5
Zero2Hero-DK
jerryrich77
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
Evilmarmot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

Trading Reputation : 0

Co possesed tactic help! Empty
PostSubject: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011 - 17:47

Hello everyone.
I've started a cult of the possesed warband and i did found it easy to beat my big brothers orcs before he got 6 goblin archers. So i want some help agains him.
heres my warband!
Magister-1 Toughness +LD +WS
Possesed Clooven hoofs +1Iniative
possesed tentacle +1A
HENCHMEN!
Berra=Ogre 2Axes +1WS +1Initive
3 Bretherns with Short bows and axes +1WS
Thats my warband +56 gold crowns. What should i spend them on against my bros orcs?
His list!
Boss L armour sheild 2 battleaxes helmet crossbow Skill Scale sheer surfaces.
Shaman 2 battleaxes light armour. Skillresistent imune fear. Macig "fold ya"
Big'un2 battle axes light armour no extra stats.
Big'un +1A +1WS Double handed weapon l armour sheild.
2X Orc boy 2battleaxes +Iniative
4goblins Shortbow +1Str
2Goblin with shortbows.
So i want some help how i should deploy them Etc!
Thx in advance!
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011 - 18:33

You need man power.

2 Brethren with club and Dagger as cannon fodder and screen should work fine.

You also would have 9 models and would test after 3 casualties.

A beastman with club and dagger would also be ok.

But i liket he brethren variant more.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:00

You also need HEROES! Heroes=income in this game. Income=victory. Buy your self a cheap mutant. After the next game buy another one or save up for a more expensive one. Either way you will have closed the income gap. 4 orc heroes to 3 Possessed heroes.

I know this may not win you games right away but it will change the post game for you immediately.
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011 - 19:34

I agree with moore heroes... But my first impression of the mutants where bad... Why? Cause he died in my first Game!?!
I'll try the Brethern club dude then! ;D
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011 - 21:24

von Kurst is right with the heroes

throw the ogre on the front and let him fight for his money. If you loose him it is not that bad because you spare the 30 gc. You don't need him anyhow.Your Possessed are evil enough in close combat.

A mutant with extra arm or scorpion tail is good, but needs some money. More than 56 gc.

Don't loose any of your heroes!

Good luck

Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 21:16

Yeah in my last game my magister died.... My possesed with tenacle got 2 moore wounds and the otherone lost a movement.... But im restarting my warband and so does my bro!
Any help on what i should buy/Take? man power? Only heroes? What do you think!
Help me out!
// Evil marmot//
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011 - 22:12

As many heroes asossible.

Mutants with extra arm or better scorpian tails are good as close combat too.

The rest should be brethren with clubs or short bows.

You may star with 7 or 8 man.

Flee if you have lost two.

Possessed need some games to get started.

Yoe need enough cannon fodder and may be some sprinter or scal sheer surface possessed.
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 11:34

Hmmm as possible.... Then i guess Magister with sword then? Possesed with scorpion tail?
possesed with a .... Well....
Brethern clubs and some s bows.
5 heroes if i can afford or i buy them later?
I'll guess i will spamm bretherns then! Smile
//Evilmarmot//
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 20:02

If you guys are just playing each other, you can experiment more with your warband choices to see what works for you. If you were playing with a larger group of players then it would be important to maximize hero choices at all costs. But with just the 2 of you the campaign aspect of the game isn't as important.

Usually in a campaign I don't care about winning or losing a specific game, its surviving, building and making a story. But whenever there are just 2 players I have to adjust my play style to keep it fun.
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 20:23

Well we are actually 3 and growing we have 2 dudes saying "Sooner or later" So i take that as an yes! Very Happy
And playing serious it's not the deal!
Just winning sometimes is fun as i did in the begining but he's warband just grow so big i starting to think its something wrong cause i allways get moore goldcrowns than him but he still gets like millions of stuff when i get like 2 bretherns...
EDIT: My other friend is starting a warband so then were 6! Very Happy
EDIT2: Fixed spelling mistakes!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 21:27

For income you need heroes to survive the game, that's just how the game is written. So start with as many heroes as you can.

I don't play possessed very often but one thing I've been thinking about trying is to start woth 4 heroes--magister, possessed and 2 mutants. The possessed and the mutants have 1 cheap mutation apiece. Add a couple of Beastmen, again as many as I can afford. The plan is to save for a Super Possessed and to get a Beastman LGT.

Along the way I try to keep the 4 heroes alive and maybe beat up a weak human or halfling warband along the way. But the eye is always on the long term goal of buying a mean possessed (say 250 gc). So I'd have to run more than I'd like, but it would be in the service of the Great Goal of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
jerryrich77
Hero
Hero
jerryrich77

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 15:05

I think im the oddball as far as a possessed warband goes. mine is:

Magister
bow, club (club optional)

Possessed
(nekkid)

Possessed
(nekkid)

mutant
scorpion tail, 2 club

mutant
tentacle, club

2 beast men
2 club ea.

now my thought is that possessed are pretty darn good nekkid, fear, 2 attacks and 2 wounds if i remember correctly (even if its one wound they are still beasts in combat). kinda an ogers stats that doesnt need to pay an upkeep or have weapons bought. once you get some skill upgrades and state upgrades they are GREAT! at the beginning just dont throw them at the big nasties w/o some assistance..... this is where the beastmen come in. my 2 possessed start paired up w/ the beasts. the beasts talk alittle ahead and off to the side to intercept or get charged so my possessed can clean up and get xp. the 2 mutants run together and the magister tries to find a high spot to plink from (lets face it, until you get some upgrades, magic is alittle risky). after your games, if you dont get knocked out this gives you 5 heros to search with. I also buy a 3rd beastman then depending on how my opponents are playing i either buy bretheren w/ bows or darksouls.

so really you can get some good loot if you tone down the possessed, they really are good just plain. If you are lucky you may be able to convince your group to house rule that possessed can buy mutations later in the game (mabye at an increased price or some kind of dificulty test first like buying rare equipment, this is what mine has done)
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 17:58

Thx guys for all the replies! Very Happy
So this is my new warband that kicked ass at the first game! it was a 3 guy game it was my bros orcs and my friedn borrowed some dwarfs!
So this is it
Magister sword L armour sheild
Possesed Scorpion tail (Dead)
Possesed tenacle
Brethern great weapon helmet. This guy was my MWP and he did 2lvl ups and he got an xtra toughness and he become a hero.
then we have 3 bretherns with 1 axe each +1Movement I will sell 1 axe to buy a 2H weapon then i have 57 points left that i problably buy a mutant for!
I guess ive updated you for this day and if someone actually cares i'll keep this thread alive and maybe in the future when i know something give you advices! Very Happy

Last edited by Evilmarmot on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:14

Okey guys so i did a terrible mistake! You cannot shoot magic if you wear armour and as i did not know abaout this my brother was nice enough to give me full price for selling the light armour and sheild from my magister! thx bro:)
So i have abaout 97 gold crowns i think when i'll sell the axe of the brether! so ill buy a 2hw for him to replace the axe.
2 cheap mutants if affordeble for better income.
So i will have 5 heroes then ill buy a new possesed when i can afford problaby without mutation and i'll buy one later.
I am going to moore bretherns with 2HW's cause my brethern with the 2HW did butcher 4 dudes a orc boss 2boys and a shaman! witch i find very good i mean a regular 40GC guy was my mwp over the possesed!
Thats my plan for now maybe i'll buy some beastmen when i have any good modell for them problaly buy them After i finnish a full mechanised blood angels army!
Srry for my very crappy english i am kinda tired waking up early guys!
//Evilmarmot//
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:17

Oh yeah havent mentioned abaout the ogre i got him by rolling three 6:es after my first game! Very Happy
So i decided to keep him and he did do good! Very Happy
Edit:spelling mistakes fixxed!;D
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul 2011 - 6:42

Boy! Folks say our games are bloody!

Sounds like you guys had some fun. I'd get a mutant or 2 to increase the income, since you have 97 gc. Is the 97 before or after you pay off the ogre?
Back to top Go down
Evilmarmot
Warrior
Warrior
Evilmarmot

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jul 2011 - 21:48

Yeah the ogre was in my last warband that i removed or whatever you call it!
But i bought a mutant xtra arm 2 clubs for knocking down stuff a sword for perry! He never got to attack cause he got stunned twice then he got out of action! but witha full recovery so i think he did a good job being a sheild. Smile
My magister cot a xtra skill dont know what i should take....
My brether hero can choose 2 skill list som i'm guessing any good fighting list i mean thats why i have him!
my possesed with tenacle got an extra iniative
Bretherns got extra weapon skill so theyre movement 5 WS4 and i never bought the 2HW cause i could not afford the mutant that way but i will buy a 2HW right now i have 77 GC to spend after selling the axe i have 80 or 79 i dont know if you round up or down please tell me!
after buying a 2HWi'll have 65Gc's left so i can buy a cheap mutant for better income problably the 20gc 4+ward against magic (Forgot the name) and a sword to perry...
I dont know what i need. i think i need better fighters so bretherns with 2HW's maybe! Very Happy
Im confused....xDD
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011 - 14:56

Hey, Just caught on the great thread here, it sounds very interesting!

I couldn't help but notice your fascination with 2hw for the brethren.. how do you make this work? I've always had a hell of a time arming my henchmen with 2hw, especially mercenaries, and since brethren has the same stats as an ordinary human, I was confused...

How do you use them without getting your but kicked? I could only imagine that the possessed was a too big mouthful for most opponents, but who WON'T see a s5 hit is an immediate threat in combat?

I my self would have pounded the high Strength fellows first in combat, but that's just because I'm fearing all high strength hits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
DDR.Piter

DDR.Piter

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 8:27

@Zero2Hero-DK, sorry for the negative vote - I was just trying out this forum!

As for the thread itself, and the 2-handed-weapon, I've just got them for my heroes, once they got the "Strongman" skill, so they won't hit last. Haven't tried them, though.
Otherwise, give 2hw to henchmen, when you have so little of them, indeed seems risky to me.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018 - 9:10

Since this thread is from 2011 and Zero2Hero visited here last in 2015, I think he wouldn't be much disappointed Wink

One more fun thing a noticed:
DDR.Piter wrote:
I was just trying out this forum!
Your signature:
“Do or do not. There is no try.”
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018 - 20:12

LOL! I was just reading through this entire thread getting ready to add my new Possessed warband tactics, never noticing it was 2011. I'll hold off then, until a new thread for request comes up.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2018 - 9:54

Haha, I was about to do the same.

But I'll agree with "get heros"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Co possesed tactic help!   Co possesed tactic help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Co possesed tactic help!
Page 1 of 1