Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skywatcher
Warrior
Warrior
skywatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Empty
PostSubject: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011 - 1:32

I am beginning to put together my second Mordheim warband. My first is Lizardmen, which I do enjoy playing. Now I am starting the Carnival of Chaos (CoC). I was attracted to them for the modeling potential, theme and strength of the warband. Although I think I will choose not to use the Nurgle Rot.

My warband will consist of:
(1) Carnival Master
(2) Brutes
(2) Tainted Ones (one with Bloated Foulness, the other with Cloud of Flies)
(3) Brethren
(2) Nurglings

I suppose that I will add more henchmen as gold is earned.

I am interested in getting everyone's ideas on general tactics/weapon suggestions using this warband. I also found that CoC can use a few Hired Swords, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://oppositionforce.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011 - 1:48

Welcome back to the forum!

For Hired Swords there is this discussion--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5111-carnival-of-chaos-ans-hired-swords
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011 - 2:25

I'm playing CoC now, and found that the plague bearers are a good buy in the start, as while they don't get experience they start with good stats, better take advantage of that as soon as possible. I took bows on a couple of henchmen and have increased my shooting henchman contingence after a few games.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
Warrior
Warrior
skywatcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011 - 21:42

mrtn wrote:
I'm playing CoC now, and found that the plague bearers are a good buy in the start, as while they don't get experience they start with good stats, better take advantage of that as soon as possible. I took bows on a couple of henchmen and have increased my shooting henchman contingence after a few games.

That is a good point regarding the Plague Bearers. It sounds like a good idea to work them into the list. What are your thoughts on Nurglings? Are they worth having as arrow collecting fodder?
Back to top Go down
http://oppositionforce.blogspot.com/
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011 - 23:54

I don't really know. I have been using them as that, and they have been shot a few times, so I suppose that's good. On the other hand they are only T2, so it's very easy to shoot them and take them out with one shot. This way your opponent can force you to start taking rout tests quite easily.
I only have two nurglings in the warband, and I don't think I'll get too many more, I'd probably prefer human cultists if I get more warband members. However, there are instances when having cheap warband members can be a good thing, so I'll probably always keep at least one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband   Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactics for Carnival of Chaos warband
Page 1 of 1