Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

dark - Descent: Journeys in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Descent: Journeys in the Dark   dark - Descent: Journeys in the Dark Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 20:51

So, it's technically a board game... but it's caught my interest. Anyone ever heard of or played this?

Here's a link: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=5

It reminds me a lot of the old Hero Quest. For up to 5 players. 1 player is the evil overlord (aka GM/DM) and the others are the players. It has modular board pieces that you piece together based on the quest write up. There's all kinds of spells and skills and things that your heroes can learn.

It looks like it could be a lot of fun. What REALLY caught my eye is the fact that it has some newer expansions that add an advanced campaign mode where not only the players, but the overlord also, play through multiple quests with an over map, and they all increase in power.

And the best part is it has support for building not only your own heroes from scratch, but your own quests as well. It's missing the painting and terrain creation that we all love, but it looks like it could be fun to play anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

dark - Descent: Journeys in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Descent: Journeys in the Dark   dark - Descent: Journeys in the Dark Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 21:46

It's YET ANOTHER game that I paint for but have never played. The Guy I paint D&D stuff for plays/LOVES it. The minis designed for the game are of less than average quality, but you can always substitute better minis if you enjoy the game. dark - Descent: Journeys in the Dark Fresse
Back to top Go down

Descent: Journeys in the Dark
Page 1 of 1