Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dragon Ogres

Go down 
+3
cianty
RationalLemming
Bloodedsoul
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodedsoul

Bloodedsoul

Trading Reputation : 0

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 4:40

Is there a warban based off dragon ogres? I know there is a few for ogres, but what about these brutes? If not what format is used when posting an experimental list that I'd like advise on?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 5:57

There is no warband for dragon ogres. Some things are just too big for the small scale of Mordheim. There are rules for dragon ogres in the Bestiary from the Border Town Burning suppliment (http://bordertownburning.de.vu/) but they act as random monsters.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 10:44

Neither is there a warband for Giants or Dragons... Seriously... Rolling Eyes

Some things should not be squeezed into the Mordheim warband framework. Unless you really want to play with two models that is.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 11:29

cianty wrote:

Well, actually Asp made a dragon warband during one of the endless debates about elves in Mordheim Wink

On topic, if you like Dragon Ogres, then just use one as "counts as" large monster. As cianty said, they're just way to large for a skirmish game. I can't see a bunch of human mercenaries standing a chance against a couple of dragon ogres.
Back to top Go down
Bloodedsoul

Bloodedsoul

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 13:44

hmmmm thanks for the input, guess I'll scrap that idea
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 14:10

Eliazar wrote:
cianty wrote:

Well, actually Asp made a dragon warband during one of the endless debates about elves in Mordheim Wink

Anyone can come up with anything and call it a warband. I'm only counting serious works here. Smile

Bloodedsoul, despite my initial negative reply, do have a bunch of painted Dragon Ogres at hand? Is that why you want to put them to use? The latest Warhammer armybook removed them from the army list thus making the models redundant if I remember correctly, which is a fricking shame.

In BTB, the appearance of the Dragon Ogres is a tribute to those cool classic GW creatures (just like the less well-knowed Temple Dogs and Ymir). If you do have dragon ogre models, have a look at the "Man Hunt" scenario of the BTB supplement - it's a great way to make good use of these monstrous figures. They fit the role of the monsters in that scenario just perfect. It simply makes no sense to play these creatures by yourself in form of a warband but they are perfect models for (random) non-player creatures.
Back to top Go down
Bloodedsoul

Bloodedsoul

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 18:04

I just realy like the models, and the idea behind them, I didn't think they were any bigger than a normal ogre(well shaggoths are, but I wasn't thinking of useing them). Didn't think of it from a lore stand point, but judgeing from reactions, the guys that I play with would prolly feel the same so I guess it's best I got a general feel for the idea before I went any farther than coming up with stats, thanks again!
Edit:
I went hunting for Asp's dragon warband that was mentioned, I can't find it, thought it might be interesting to read(our club has allowed every warband we have found so far with tweaks to make them slightly more fair, no one but one undead player who got realy lucky stat increases has ever dominated a campaign)
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 19:48

Really? LOL. Where can I find it?
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 21:27

cianty wrote:
Bloodedsoul, despite my initial negative reply, do have a bunch of painted Dragon Ogres at hand? Is that why you want to put them to use? The latest Warhammer armybook removed them from the army list thus making the models redundant if I remember correctly, which is a fricking shame.

Dragon Ogres are still available as a Special Unit choice in the Warriors of Chaos army book. $22.50 a model on GW's site or thereabouts.

I could just imagine the reaction from my friends were I to plop a Dragon Ogre warband on the table. They're pretty open to trying new things in Mordheim, but I would probably get lynched!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 21:57

sartori wrote:
Dragon Ogres are still available as a Special Unit choice in the Warriors of Chaos army book. $22.50 a model on GW's site or thereabouts.

Ah, ok! Thanks for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 23:37

It's a lot of fun to just fight with one Dragon Ogre against a whole warband (or two to make it even!). Any more than that and it would be total carnage.

In BTB there is a Man Hunt scenario which allows you to use these beasts in game in the relative safety of a fixed multi-player scenario. Once a Dragon Ogre starts leaping off of mountain ledges things can still get a bit messy!!

I love the whole wandering monster thing. Who doesn't dream of battling against a Giant or a Hydra with their gallant Heroes!!

If things start looking bad then it is time for a swift voluntary rout! Dragon Ogres Icon_eek

NPC's for the win, oh yeh.

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Dragon Ogres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ogres   Dragon Ogres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ogres
Page 1 of 1