Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dragon Age (one or two)

Go down 
+2
Rory1
BalrogTheBuff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Dragon Age (one or two) Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011 - 21:38

Anyone played them? I finished the first one as a Sword and Board warrior. Enjoyed that a lot.
Playing the second one now as a Mage. It is fun, but a very different game. The scale is a more personal level. Everything revolves around the main character, rather than the group of main characters.

I like how the different weapon types all play noticeably different. SHield and one handed weapon is super tough, greatsword hits more than one enemy at a swing, dual weapons is really fast and powerful vs. a single target, archery is just awesome, and mages can do a lot of weak but accurate hits quickly at range.
Back to top Go down
Rory1
Youngblood
Youngblood
Rory1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011 - 3:11

Aggh, DA2 kill me now. Story was lame, combat was epic. Most of the game was just a grind through kirkwall for me.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011 - 13:36

Gotta love a computer game that inspires something like This Smile

I'm playing the second one right now. Since I'm old and grumpy I have my reservations, but overall it's a nice piece of entertainment.

Edit: Regarding the link, he did post the how-to update. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
RikLok
Warrior
Warrior
RikLok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 22:49

Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://warhamstersociety.blogspot.com/
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 17:53

I just got finished with the journey into the deep roads so moving along. I can't help think that a Dragon Age setting could be fun for a skirmish game. Only three classes of heroes (Maybe some exceptions like Shale or having a Mabari), but nothing wrong with that. Each player would have maybe just one hero to start and it would be a very heavy story based game. Maybe even a Coop campaign!

Skills like Taunt would be an interesting skill to use. All enemies within charge range must charge the character, and any in the melee must attack him/her as well, moving to base contact if needed.

Very cinematic game with larger than life heroes starting with 3 wounds each and powerful monsters but weak fodder enemies mixed in.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 22:09

Balrog, you do know there's already a Dragon Age tabletop roleplaying game out right? Check it out Here.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 23:08

I own it! Well, two copies actually due to a mistake in the ordering process...
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 19:18

Just got my copy of DA2 Bioware signature edition today - can't wait to go home and play.
Back to top Go down
geekgirl
Champion
Champion
geekgirl

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 16:30

Never played Dragon Age... but think it looks cool.. is it online like WoW? Or is it similar to Diablo? I love Diablo Smile
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 11:43

They're purely singleplayer games.. nothing online about them beyond the ability to (buy and) download additional content. I can't say they share all that many similarities with Diablo, beyond "pseudo-medieval fantasy" and the fact that you occasionally kill dudes and take their stuff. There's a lot more social interaction in the Dragon Age games, and you've got companions that'll react to your moral decisions.
Back to top Go down
geekgirl
Champion
Champion
geekgirl

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 20:31

Oh! Sounds interesting.. I'll have to check it out at some point. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 18:11

Similar to the other Bioware games like Knights of the Old Republic or Mass Effect, but the dragon age series uses a combat system closer to Baldurs Gate or Planescape: Torment (which is an awesome game, but very dark)
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 18:22

Finished the DEEP ROAD segment, and actually wound up heading back for something.

All-in-all, really enjoying it, but geez: I guess I am spoiled by WoW, because this game is loading screen hell! I honestly wonder, when they say, "Over 60 hours of gameplay," if that includes loading screens or not.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age (one or two)   Dragon Age (one or two) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age (one or two)
Page 1 of 1