Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707

Go down 
+17
mrtn
sianpää
jackanory
VituGhazi
HornedRat
werekin
Kapitan_Hak
Mo!
drakkol
widgren
Bean965
HarryMason
Skavenblight
Captain Bernhardt
DeafNala
vampirekhaine
folketsfiende
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Empty
PostSubject: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 9:23

I never quite liked the goat/horse/farmyard thingy beastmen minis. Especially not when they thrashed my poor lizardmen to pieces the first games of Mordheim I played! But when I saw the Alchemy Khaliman republic minis, I began thinking of some fluff about catlike beastmen dwelling in the jungles of the Kingdoms of Ind. The minis are not cheap, but the sculpting is really good, and the posing and flavour is beyond great. All of the warband is not finished yet (still got the bestigors, the shaman and the chieftain to take care of), but this is the beginning...

"Gors" (Jitender (Victorious conqueror) & Sanjay (The triumphant)) (Radha (Success) & Sharma (Protector)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begormalefr
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begormaleba
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begorfemfr
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begorfemba

"Ungors" (yes, I know that they've got bows, and that beastmen are not allowed to, but I'll sort that out with the unlucky people in my group) (Anil (Of the wind)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beungorfr
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beungorba

"Centigor" (a wonderful Reaper mini - which I have not done justice...) (Hari (remover of evil)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Becentfr
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Becentba

"Minotaur" (once again Reaper) (Narendra (The powerful)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beminofr
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beminoba

"Beasthound" (Reaper!) (Rajiv (the striped)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Behoundfrfolketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Behoundba

So, more to come, but I hope you like these ones. I think they're smashing, even though I painted them!

Last edited by folketsfiende on Thu 7 Jul 2011 - 13:54; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 12:20

Nice! It's good to see a new twist on the beastmen rules Very Happy

I have seen these mini's before, they are truly nice sculpts! Job well done on painting too.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 13:21

COOL STUFF! I've been eying the Alkemy Cat Folk for awhile; AND MysteriousInd has a TREMENDOUS appeal if, for no other reason, then it isn't burdened with preexisting GW fluff. The minis painted up nicely &, again, a nice mix of different mini makers. WELL DONE! folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 544694
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 13:59

nice warband!
If you want to avoid the bow wielding ungors discussion you could use your male cats to represent gors and the females as ungors
(i'm sorry ladies, I don't mean to be diminutive towards women but the female cats look more slender and less muscular than the male cats - they could work as ungors)
nice choice of minis and nice colours! well done!
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 15:36

Holy s...! folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_eek
That's a crazy warband...! I'd never think that it's possible, I didn't even know that there are such crazy minis... well, I don't know what to say. Maybe about the paintjob - I like it. I think it's the best warband of yours. Very well painted.

I'd only do something about the bases.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 8:33

Skavenblight wrote:
I'd only do something about the bases.
Absolutely! I usually wait to fix the bases of my minis until I have about thirty of them to take care of. Basing is boring, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
HarryMason
Knight
Knight
HarryMason

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 11:04

Kick ass! Seriously, very nice flavour here. Just how big are the minotaur and centigor? Would be nice with a comparison pic. And yes, basing is boooooring. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 11:11

HarryMason wrote:
Kick ass! Seriously, very nice flavour here. Just how big are the minotaur and centigor? Would be nice with a comparison pic. And yes, basing is boooooring. Very Happy

Thank you sir! (and thanks to the rest of you nice people who've been so kind to me...)

Size comparison pics will come when the entire warband is finished! In the meantime: the rhinofellow is about the height of a normal centigor, but of course a lot bulkier. The lionman is slightly less than twice the height of the gors, so he makes an impressive minotaurlike mini.
Back to top Go down
Bean965
Hero
Hero
Bean965

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 19:29

Love the concept! I also don't care for the traditional Beastman Gors, and am using a reptilian creature concept for the Beastmen in my Possessed warband.
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 20:52

cool band of guys'n'gals!

the painting is great and the choice of models too. great ind feel.
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010 - 9:25

So, I've finally painted the remaining heroes and based all the models (although I'm planning to put some static grass on as well).

First up, of course, the chieftain (Jaya (the winner)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bechfr-1folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bechba

Next, the shaman (Mohana (the enchantress)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beshfr-1folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Beshba

The two bestigors (Amrit (the immortal) & Bhima (the mighty)):
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bebe1fr-1folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bebe1ba-1
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bebe2fr-1folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Bebe2ba-1

Now, some groupshots, excellent for size comparisons.
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begroup1
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begroup2
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begroup3
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Begroup4

That's the whole gang. I might add one more mini if I find a suiting one, but for now, they're good. And with this I'm taking a break from painting for Mordheim. At the moment I'm kneedeep in Elysian drop troops, so I'll be stuck in 40K for awhile. I might paint up a dark elves gang in the near future as a diversion, but that's that.

Last edited by folketsfiende on Fri 18 Jun 2010 - 10:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010 - 10:52

Your band gives me the impression to come also from... folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_smile

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_sunny
folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_farao

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_bounce folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_bounce folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_bounce folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_bounce

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 480167 folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 480167 folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 480167

Nice choice and very beautiful realization. Not an ordinary band but it's a pleasure for the eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010 - 18:58

Wow nice pussy!
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Hak
Veteran
Veteran
Kapitan_Hak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 12:48

Finally the beastmen warband which is not goat-and-bull themed! Very Happy

Very nice job! I'm amazed that you've managed to find so many feline miniatures to suit the beastmen of Ind idea:).
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 13:46

A FINE LOOKING & VERY IMAGINATIVE War Band! The REALLY cool part is that the Cat Guys & Girls expand the World setting...VERY WELL DONE! folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 544694
Of course, showing me YET MORE minis that I now NEED was a cruel thing to do folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Suspect ...I forgive you.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010 - 21:36

Kapitan_Hak wrote:
Finally the beastmen warband which is not goat-and-bull themed! Very Happy

Very nice job! I'm amazed that you've managed to find so many feline miniatures to suit the beastmen of Ind idea:).

There are more, actually. These were simply the best! We're lucky that there are so many talented sculptors out there that continue to spoil us with their work.

Thanks for the kind words folks! I've now begun work on the Elysians, and I've got to say that the sculpts are fantastic... I'll be back!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jun 2010 - 21:23

That is a beastly band indeed!

More detail to the bases required along the lines of some static grass. A savannah effect would be great, using mix of long dry grass (especially on the larger beasties) with some patches of light greenery. That could work nicely for you.

The Citadel plastic sprues typically include all kinds of brilliant options & accessories. Yet I was rather surprised to still not see some variety in the latest (re-)release for the Warhammer Beastmen...

Don't have a cow man as Bart Simpson would say!! The game background has always described all manner of dog-headed, cat-headed, reptile-headed, bird-headed beast-kin and more. More dumb Chaotic goats & oxen is all that hits the shelves!

In the aftermath of those 9 foot tall blue felines dominating the cinema screens a selection of Ind themed cat warriors could be just what the doctor ordered. folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_wink

Regards,

Werekin.

p.s. It's been 6 years since the last (& only) Warhammer Realms book. Pretty sure Jervis Johnson described that Lustria tome as being the first release in a series. Seeing as these publications drive the release of groovy new Citadel miniatures it's a shame there hasn't been another couple of realms to explore on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010 - 1:28

DeafNala wrote:
COOL STUFF! I've been eying the Alkemy Cat Folk for awhile; AND MysteriousInd has a TREMENDOUS appeal if, for no other reason, then it isn't burdened with preexisting GW fluff. The minis painted up nicely &, again, a nice mix of different mini makers. WELL DONE! folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 544694

I have also been eying these guys for some time, they look so awesome. Only problem for me is trying to get them in the states is $$$$. I am glad someone else had the same idea folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_biggrin

If I didn't use them for beastmen I also had an idea to use the skaven rules, and have them be a band of cat assassians folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_razz and write up some fluff for it.

Paint them up as panthers etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010 - 8:44

HornedRat wrote:
I have also been eying these guys for some time, they look so awesome. Only problem for me is trying to get them in the states is $$$$. I am glad someone else had the same idea folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_biggrin

I actually bought them from an American online games seller (http://www.fantization.com/), turned out to be cheaper than ordering them from a British or German one... That's globalization for you!

HornedRat wrote:
If I didn't use them for beastmen I also had an idea to use the skaven rules, and have them be a band of cat assassians folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_razz and write up some fluff for it.

Paint them up as panthers etc.
Ooh, nice idea! Stick some Skaven doodahs on them and rock the world!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010 - 13:24

@HornedRat: when you mentioned the Alkemy minis being difficult to get here in the USA, I checked The War Store & CMoN, both of whom used to carry the range...neither does anymore. Fantazation does, however, still carry them AND gives a discount; they're a decent outfit to deal with...mostly. folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Suspect
Back to top Go down
VituGhazi
Youngblood
Youngblood
VituGhazi

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jun 2010 - 22:51

I really LOVE your choices for the minis, they are really stunning, escpecially the minotaur, it seems like a very good-looking well painted band!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010 - 9:24

@VituGhazi:
Thanks! I long to play them, but I'm waiting for my fellow players tp put together some BTB-bands, and it seems that it will be a while.

@DeafNala:
Has there been trouble with Fantization? Would be nice to know...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010 - 12:14

folketsfiende wrote:
@DeafNala:
Has there been trouble with Fantization? Would be nice to know...

Well...one of the Guys I paint for ordered a bunch of Games Zone minis from Fantization & had them sent to me; there were a few that were out of stock & were back ordered. They apparently forgot about the back ordered minis. It took a bit of prodding for them to send them off...about 3 months after the first batch. Not exactly prime service, but all the pieces got to me...eventually. folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Suspect
Back to top Go down
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 18:32

A while ago I was thinking of doing a Southlands, Tzeentch themed beastman warband featuring a lion chieftain, marabou shaman, colourful, kroot headed ungor made to look like parrots and an elephantaur (minotaur) as a sort of centrepiece. It never came to fruition though!
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010 - 11:08

jackanory wrote:
A while ago I was thinking of doing a Southlands, Tzeentch themed beastman warband featuring a lion chieftain, marabou shaman, colourful, kroot headed ungor made to look like parrots and an elephantaur (minotaur) as a sort of centrepiece. It never came to fruition though!

Everyone planning to make a differenty Beastmen warband should check out Crocodile Games!

Last edited by folketsfiende on Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 10:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707   folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

folketsfiendes Beastmen of Ind - New pics 110707
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next