Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Empty
PostSubject: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 2:36

Last night was the final night in my gaming groups first ever Border Town Burning Campaign. It was also the first night in which a camera was available to take pictures of our games. The pictures are below, but first, a brief introduction to the players and the objectives;

Dismal Dan – Black Dwarfs – the Lure of Fortune (interesting fact - the dismalist Dan around)
Riley – Lizardmen – the Damned Shall Burn (interesting fact - posts on Tom's under the name Rudeboy)
Alexander – Dark Elves – Scourge of the Realm (interesting fact - a man of Australian or Austrian heritage. None of us speak either of the two languages, making communication difficult sometimes)
Cheating Dan – Possessed – Scion of Chaos (interesting fact - the legion of unpainted proxy space marines!!!)
Jason – Skaven Clan Pestilins – the Silent Threat (interesting fact - posts on Tom's under the name Krashlandon)
Franz – Dwarf Treasure Hunters – the Lure of Fortune (interesting fact - posts on Tom's under the name Franzyland)
Matt – Wood Elves – Celestial Protectorate (interesting fact - posts on Tom's under the name Inkwolf)
Emory - Undead - Scourage of the Realm (interesting fact - late starter to the campaign, expected to bust some heads)
NPC – Middenheimers – Celestial Protectorate
NPC – Norse Explorers – Scion of Chaos
NPC – Merchant Caravan – the Lure of Fortune

Deciding the Winner - Franz's Dwarf Explorers and Jason's Skaven Clan Pestilins Warband ended up being completing their scenario objectives in the same round, so the campaign would have ended in a tie. However, we determined the the
campaign winner by having the Captains from each warband fight a duel to the death. Turns out Skaven Clan Pestilins is the ultimate BTB campaign winner, with the Dwarf Explorers coming in a very close second. As you can see in the pictures, trophies were awarded for first and second place.

And now for some pictures. Most of them turned out to be crap, and I have never taken pictures of any table top gaming ever, so please, have some sympathy.

Edit - turns out I can't figure out how to put pictures on this forum. You can view the pictures at my photobucket account here

PS - next BTB campaign starts in early May!!!

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning ?action=view&current=dscn0050
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 13:45

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0056I love those Lizardmen.

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0082
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 13:47

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0095First Jason aka Krashlandon and Second Franz aka Franzyland
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 13:49

The Showdown

Skaven (Jason) vs Dwarves (Franz)

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0089

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0090
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 13:57

Joker2and53's Merchant Caravan notice the Orange and Blue coloring.

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Dscn0050
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 14:34

COOL...PHOTOS! LOVE PHOTOS! There that about says it all. Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 14:25

Awesome!!! I don't know why I missed this before. Thanks for the recap and info on the duel. I guess this situation shouldn't come up normally. Hmmm...

Are there any in-depth thoughts that you all can share? Anything that didn't work out properly? Imbalances, other flaws? Or what you liked best?

The Clan Pestilens warband combines well with the poisonous system of the Silent Threat. Did you find that to be too adventageous or did you feel you still all had equal chances (bad luck aside)?
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 13:47

cianty wrote:
Awesome!!! I don't know why I missed this before. Thanks for the recap and info on the duel. I guess this situation shouldn't come up normally. Hmmm...

Are there any in-depth thoughts that you all can share? Anything that didn't work out properly? Imbalances, other flaws? Or what you liked best?

The Clan Pestilens warband combines well with the poisonous system of the Silent Threat. Did you find that to be too adventageous or did you feel you still all had equal chances (bad luck aside)?

I've been putting together a review of BTB based on our first campaign, but last week, after a few weeks hiatus, we actually started our second BTB campaign. It might not be until this weekend or early next week, but I'll get the review done as quickly as I can. Real life takes way too much time.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeThu 27 May 2010 - 14:47

Okay, cool. I look forward to it! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 21:00

That arena looks fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning   Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Mordheim Presents: Border Town Burning
Page 1 of 1