Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Empty
PostSubject: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 17:14

Edit: Link fixed (23rd March): Interview

Just doing a bit of browsing and found this old interview with Mordheim designer Tuomas Pirinen from a good few years ago. Theres a small amount about Mordheim, but what interested me the most was the brief mention of fluff surrounding the 'Shadow Lord' and some allusions to its inclusion in some of the art in the rulebook...

Apologies if this is an innapropriate post, old hat or irrelevant I'm new!

Last edited by Thomas UK on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 16:25

Hmm, no one interested in this? No one grabbed by the mysterious agenda the sisters of sigmar could have for a chained up demon?! Or for the 'lost' story/event ideas that may have existed in its designers brain... Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 16:29

I'm interested, but I come up with an "Error 404"...whatever that is. Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Suspect
Back to top Go down
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 17:19

Interview

Hopefully the link above works, apologies to all those who tried to read my first post, looks like the link was broken! Reposted here and fixed in the original post.

Back to top Go down
wyldhunt
Elder
Elder
wyldhunt

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 2:01

I had previously seen that article, and definitely filed away the tidbit about the Sistes and the Shadowlord for use in our games. Hopefully the result will make it into the next version of Wyldhunt's Mordheim Revision...
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/wyldhauntsmordheim
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 12:02

Ahh that sounds really exiting! Maybe we could petition Tuomas for the stats he made for the shadowlord too! hehe Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
wyldhunt
Elder
Elder
wyldhunt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:15

Did he make stats? I hope not, unless the other Chaos Powers are reduced to stats somewhere.

Here's what I see as campaign-ending scenarios, to be tied to a Campaign Objectives framework like Bording Town Burning has:

If the Sisters of Sigmar get their Campaign Objectives filled first, there is a final scenario to see whether they can "destroy" the Shadowlord (well, make him very, very impotent), in which the Witch Hunters are trying to kill them ("They're letting the Shadowlord loose!") and the Possessed/Blood Theatre Troupe are trying the same thing, but for different reasons.

If the Possessed/Blood Theatre Troupe get their Campaign Objectives filled first, they find out what the Sisters have been doing, and there is a final scenario where the Possessed/Blood Theatre Troupe invade The Rock, trying to undo Bertha's chains.

In either case, The Shadowlord wouldn't appear, but the final impact of the scenario would be either that he's defeated or let loose in his full power (the latter meaning everyone else LOSES!!!!).
Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun 53202
Back to top Go down
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 10:31

Wow that sounds like a great finale! I'd love to play in that! Imagine a specially built scratch built Pit board for it all to take place in!

As for the Shadowlord 'rules' on the second page of the interview Tuomas says "I did write his game rules for my own use".

How about some other 'final' battles for Mordheim too? Maybe an appearance by Vlad Von Carstein like I think the WD team had years ago, or some involving Dramatis Personae like Marianna's last desperate duel with Serutat high above a burning Mordheim!
Back to top Go down
wyldhunt
Elder
Elder
wyldhunt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 12:47

You got it for von Carstein if the Undead fill their objectives first! If the Witch Hunters do, then it's the Mordheim Burning scenario. I'll likely have to think something up for some of the other warband objectives (probably borrowing from BtB), but will do so after our group has "completed" our current campaign and vetted our current rules set.
Back to top Go down
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Veteran
Veteran
The Ultra-Mega Bob

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013 - 22:44

Hey guys, sorry for the thread necro, but as a part time fluff-fiend I'm always interested in finding out more about Mordheim back-stories, though I've not read a whole lot of it yet.

Where can I find information on the Marietta duel? Also, on a more rules based tangent, where are the objectives you mentioned about Vlad and the Witch Hunters burning Mordheim? Those sound like great elements to try and incorporate into my own league Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun   Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old interview with Tuomas Pirinen on Strike to Stun
Page 1 of 1