Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

White Dwarf Discussion

Go down 
+22
superscenic
vampirekhaine
Milliardo
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Zodiyum
Pirexian
Splendor
sartori
Mordheimer
Andy
WarbossKurgan
frog
MonkeyShaman
Captain Bernhardt
Myntokk
Turquoise Dwarf
magokiron
Drugart
Da Bank
Lysander
DeafNala
Mortimer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010 - 15:03

At least my online supplier gives a reasonable discount on Reaper (many models dont cost more than 3 euros), and a little discount on GW, makes it kinda still worth it, but if they keep it up, I think theyll be outrun by the other ranges.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010 - 15:39

As to the alternate minis thingy: I REALLY LIKE West Winds stuff; i.e., they're nice clean minis that can easily be upgraded & modified; the ranges are quite extensive, AND the prices are VERY REASONABLE. The Dwarf Wars for basic Fantasy, Gothic Horror for the Witch Hunter/Vampires, & Lucifer's Wars for the Daemon Guys with the possibility of having the Forces of Good get in some licks are all FINE choices. To check them out: http://www.oldglory25s.com/index.php?cat_id=400 .

The link I gave is Old Glory in the USA; West Wind is UK based...SO, you might be better of ordering direct from manufacturer if you live in Europe. The Caveat: the minis are somewhat larger than most G.W. although they'd probably match with the Chaos stuff & possibly some of the "new" larger G.W. minis. dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Fresse
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 10:36

The good thing about themed issues is that if you are not interested in the theme and don't buy the issue you haven't missed anything! I hate buying a magazine for a single article of interest.

This month's WD was a black-out for me too. Daemons = yawn! Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:00

Next month was supposed to be something about "Isles of blood" and a big painting of a Skaven army. It looks and sounds cool, despite me having NO IDEA what the ferk its all about Smile

Anyone knows???
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:14

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod850019a

Island of Blood is the new "starter box" for Warhammer 8th edition.

Lots of Skaven goodness for Mordheim players!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:16

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340673a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels4_445x319

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340683a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels6_445x319

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340693a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels10_445x319

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340698a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels11_445x319

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340703a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels12_445x319

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1340708a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels8_445x319
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:48

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Island of Blood is the new "starter box" for Warhammer 8th edition.

Lots of Skaven goodness for Mordheim players!

AND a bunch of High Elves for some Vermin control....there's a H.E. Lord on a Griffon in the mix. That should make the Pointy Eared Fans happy as well. dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Fresse
Back to top Go down
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 19:52

I love all the new stuff. Great looking Skaven and fantastic Griffins. Those extended talons are grabby.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Tonka
Warrior
Warrior
Tonka

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug 2010 - 23:35

Its not a bad shout, i'd rather pay 60quid and get 2 new armies and the new (mini) rule book, than 35 for just the new rulebook!

Will also compliment my High Elves from 5th (or earlier!?) edition!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug 2010 - 5:14

Oh! Will definately buy the next issue then Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010 - 14:23

On my monthly trek into Austin I managed to find a copy of the July-W.F.B. only-W.D.. Well...they had some nice photos of some very well painted minis, a few beautiful terrain pieces that looked sadly out of place on generic gaming tables, & enough interesting prose to fit comfortably on the back of a postage stamp. I think I'll stick to checking out the new stuff on-line...at least there, they supply the prices. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010 - 15:22

Actually you have a point there. Prices arent aplenty in WD.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 10:39

Island of Blood Game board! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh. My. Gork.

Shipwrecks!
Surf!
Stoney Beech!
Rocky cliffs!
Crumbling coastal towers!
Did I say shipwrecks?!

I want that board!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 16:29

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Island of Blood Game board! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh. My. Gork.

Shipwrecks!
Surf!
Stoney Beech!
Rocky cliffs!
Crumbling coastal towers!
Did I say shipwrecks?!

I want that board!

Do you have a link to this WORK OF WONDER, Adm'rul, sir? Question
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 19:11

DeafNala wrote:
Do you have a link to this WORK OF WONDER, Adm'rul, sir? Question

Dito. I was just thinking the same thing Wink
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010 - 20:02

Not yet but online coverage will be out there soon - It's going to Games Day (UK) this year, so the GW site will (no doubt) do a feature next month.
dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 665330
I'll keep a weather-eye open and let you know if I spot anything!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 15:01

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Not yet but online coverage will be out there soon - It's going to Games Day (UK) this year, so the GW site will (no doubt) do a feature next month.
dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 665330
I'll keep a weather-eye open and let you know if I spot anything!

Only a tiny pic, but here you go:

dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 M1350902a_2010-08-27_b_370x278
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 15:14

OH BABY, THAT IS SO COOL! Even the tiny photo gives an impression of a BRILLIANT bit of modeling. thumbsup
I got a peek in The Island of Blood boxed set...EXCELLENT STUFF! Only a lack of funds stopped me from picking one up. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 16:32

I just picked up the latest issue a couple of hours ago, and I must say I was a little dissapointed with the Skaven army in the Isles of Blood box. 2 clanrat regiments??? One is boring enough. THey should have one Clanrats regiment and one Gutter Runners or Plague Monks or what have you. Even a smaller troupe of the new Stormvermin would be justified.

Also, I kinda... dislike the griffon the High Elf lord is riding. The pose looks awkward, like hes crashing or something.

I do like elves and skaven more, but the old pack with dwarves and goblins were a lot more fun (allthough I think it is very stupid to make an army of goblins... who in the hecks plays goblins only? In serious Warhamemr games?).

I feel like an old fart again, but as always, when they are having articles about improved tactica with new rules and such, in 9 out of 10 times, it is chaos. And it is chaos in this issue yet again. Im starting to get REALLY bugged by all the fuss about Chaos. Wherever you turn are Deamons, Uber warriors and "Ruinous powers!". Cant we just give them an own game set in the realm of chaos, and an own magazine as well (this should apply for LotR also...) cuz im getting pretty tired of over-the-top chaos models getting all the attention.

Well, teh new orcs and skaven (this years earlier issues) are at least great looking.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 16:56

Opheliate wrote:
... who in the hecks plays goblins only? In serious Warhamemr games?

Well...I have an entire Night Goblin Army. Suspect
HOWEVER, their playability disappeared with the then new Orcs & Goblins Army book a couple of years ago, AND W.F.B. died out at my old gaming store with 7th Edition. This is one of the reasons that the Little Green Guys will soon be hitting the Auction Block.

As a purely personal perspective, I UTTERLY DESPISE the Daemons. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 17:09

I hear you. I mean, goblins per se are great! They are funny yet they an be scary and as ruthless as any Orc warlord, but they cant stand on their own anymore.

Hehe, also, i knew you are a goblin fanatic Deaf, so I expected you to comment on that. I wish to point out, though, that it is not the goblins or anyone collecting goblin armies I lash out at, it is GW choice of putting the smallest models in their range of models in one box, dwarves and goblins. Its like they didnt even THINK about goblin playability Razz

Well well, enough chattering from me, i should crawl back under my trusty rock It is aliiiive!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 17:35

lol! ...you have a rock too...HOW COOL! Actually I just couldn't resist responding...it's YET ANOTHER cherished character flaw of mine. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 18:54

Well, it sorta feels like you are ignoring the other one if you dont answer to their every post. You could just write "Good", then I'd answer "right" and so on and so forth. Well no MORE mister! Well, not after this one at least... or maybe the next one too Razz
Back to top Go down
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Sep 2010 - 21:43

You old couple of grumblers... X3

DeafNala wrote:
This is one of the reasons that the Little Green Guys will soon be hitting the Auction Block.
Actually, a Goblin-only army got a lot more powerful in this edition, particularly if you're not just playing night goblins. Doom Divers are incredibly accurate, and goblins actually get benefits now for being in large units.... nets in particularly are very good.

Don't sell 'em if you don't have too! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.ulthuan.net/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Sep 2010 - 22:51

Thanks for the advice, Milliardo. The Lads are at Mordheimer's for photography...which I'll inflict on you eventually. Whether or not they sell is yet to be seen. In the meantime I've got YET MORE Goblin projects underway...winning & losing are meaningless concepts for moi; it's all about The Nuts Factor. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   dwarf - White Dwarf Discussion - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Discussion
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next